Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's bad enough but at least I've heard of her. Haven't a clue who most (by far) of those regurgitated down the right-hand column are.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Hilary, i'd rather see pictures of her than the Kardashians. At least most of the time she is pictured with her son and if she's not she's going to the gym. She's not fame hungry either, she seems very down to earth too.

Hilary is one of the only Disney child actresses to stay on the right side of tracks! At least you don't see her sticking her tongue out constantly.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's no less well known than, for example, Alessandra Ambrosio, who they also feature on a near-daily basis.

And most of the other "stars" who "bravely step out without makeup" every day in the strange world of the Daily Mail.

Yes, I do look at their site, I'm as bad as everyone else.... but never has so much web space been wasted on so little content.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    That's bad enough but at least I've heard of her. Haven't a clue who most (by far) of those regurgitated down the right-hand column are.

Indeed. The Daily Mail seem to go through phases of being obsessed with seemingly random celebs.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I refuse to Google these people but who is Hilary Duff?

Don't answer that, I don't wanna know. ;)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    These people are quite often on TMZ, E! Entertanment Television, US and People magazine etv in the USA, which is a core demographic target of the Mail Online (particularly the Showbiz section).

Hence why people only the most tragically zeleb-obsessed Brits have heard of are regularly featured in its Sidebar of Shame*

* - I initially wrote "pollute its Sidebar of Shame" but then had some doubts as to whether it is technically possible to 'pollute' something that is already a toxic sewer!
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she's paying them.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that Suri Cruise is getting less attention from the DM nowadays?

That has to be a good thing!

I remember Hilary Duff when she starred in that ever-so-annoying kid's show (can't remember the title - probably another good thing!) along with her equally obnoxious child co-stars. Now she's an adult woman but why is she getting DM's attention is some mystery to me considering Hilary doesn't star in another hit TV show yet...
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also do articles on Fearne Cotton walking to work almost every day for no apparent reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Indeed. The Daily Mail seem to go through phases of being obsessed with seemingly random celebs.

It was Leann Rimes until fairly recently. Haven't visited the sidebar of shame in a while so I don't know if they still bang on about her.

So many of their celeb obsessions seem so random, irrelevant, and obscure I can't help but wonder if the celebs or their PR teams are in fact paying for the publicity.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    It was Leann Rimes until fairly recently. Haven't visited the sidebar of shame in a while so I don't know if they still bang on about her.

So many of their celeb obsessions seem so random, irrelevant, and obscure I can't help but wonder if the celebs or their PR teams are in fact paying for the publicity.

And Sofia Vergara too, for a while. Pointless articles about her on a daily basis.
    The PR teams MUST be paying for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes a change from lynsey lohan nearly every day they had a story about her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    And Sofia Vergara too, for a while. Pointless articles about her on a daily basis.

Who is she?

More and more, I have no clue who the "celebs" the sidebar features are. I also find it galling they care so much about courting their US readers - to the point of articles being littered with Americanisms and American spellings nowadays and constant obsessing over US "celebs" like Honey Boo Boo - when they are a British publication.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is she?

More and more, I have no clue who the "celebs" the sidebar features are. I also find it galling they care so much about courting their US readers - to the point of articles being littered with Americanisms and American spellings nowadays and constant obsessing over US "celebs" like Honey Boo Boo - when they are a British publication.

I believe the majority of traffic to the site is American these days.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »

I'd say so.
    I think they are trying to aim for the Australian market too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

But why is that? Is it because the Mail have gone out of their way to court Americans? It just seems odd that Americans would flock to a publication from another country in their droves. I know the Mail's websites has one of the best layouts ever (the only positive thing it has going for it these days) but I wouldn't have thought even that would attract more overseas than homegrown readers.

I find it all rather bewildering.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

The worst one is Rita Rustic. I think that's her name. I genuinely have no clue who she is, yet The Daily Fail constantly have pictures of her on a beach in Miami or wherever it is she lives.