Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, when I was born, Madonna was still at primary school! And it was snowing!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Well, when I was born, Madonna was still at primary school! And it was snowing!!!

Snowing in Michigan? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snowing in Michigan? :eek:

No. Snowing when I was born. In December 1968. In the Uk. Why do you think I meant Michigan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Snowing when I was born. In December 1968. In the Uk. Why do you think I meant Michigan?

Oh haha, i just read Madonna in primary school and snowing together :D.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Did anyone just watch Pointless with the Madonna question? The hardest answer was Causing a Commotion and I got it! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Did anyone just watch Pointless with the Madonna question? The hardest answer was Causing a Commotion and I got it! :D

Typical. Bloody typical. I watch Pointless all the time, and the one sodding time I don't they have a blasted Madonna Question. What was the question?
    Forum Member
    Typical. Bloody typical. I watch Pointless all the time, and the one sodding time I don't they have a blasted Madonna Question. What was the question?

It was a list of initials of Madonna songs and the two pairs had to guess the song that went with the initials, the songs were Vogue, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach, Don't Cry for Me Argentina and Causing a Commotion (may have been another?) Commotion was the lowest it got only 2 points, Vogue was the highest, forgot its score think it was somewhere in the 60s and Into the Groove was lower than Papa Don't Preach
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if i will ever know, where my place is, where my face is...i know it is in there somwehere, i wish i knew the colour of my hair...
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if i will ever know, where my place is, where my face is...i know it is in there somwehere, i wish i knew the colour of my hair...

Could always stop dying your hair JP :D i jest of course

And love me some Pointless
    Forum Member
    Same hav_mor! Tea time ain't the same without Pointless :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ahh the feeling when a gameshow does something you know and you kick ass just by saying it to your TV

I love those moments:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Could always stop dying your hair JP :D i jest of course

And love me some Pointless

NO NEVERRR...IM A Dick, Im A Dick, Im Addicted to it! :D
    Forum Member
    Ahh the feeling when a gameshow does something you know and you kick ass just by saying it to your TV

I love those moments:)

Same considering on of the previous rounds was on ologies and I knew none haha!
    Forum Member
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1janpAfSb1qlycwjo1_r1_500.gif Does anyone know where this is from? Someone on tumblr suggested it's from the Holiday music video that never saw the light of day, but I don't know whether to believe that :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO NEVERRR...IM A Dick, Im A Dick, Im Addicted to it! :D

Haha i have a tendency to sit in the sun with the vein hope it wil bleach my hair for free :D

And totally the sense of smugness when you know an no oe else does is gratifying to say the least :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1janpAfSb1qlycwjo1_r1_500.gif Does anyone know where this is from? Someone on tumblr suggested it's from the Holiday music video that never saw the light of day, but I don't know whether to believe that :confused:

I think it is from a performance of Holiday maybe....as there wasnt a specific video for Holiday but live performances were used instead werent they for TV circulation.
    Forum Member
    I think it is from a performance of Holiday maybe....as there wasnt a specific video for Holiday but live performances were used instead werent they for TV circulation.

Ah, you see I'm sure it said on Madonna's Videography article on Wikipedia that they made a video for Holiday but decided against releasing it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha i have a tendency to sit in the sun with the vein hope it wil bleach my hair for free :D

And totally the sense of smugness when you know an no oe else does is gratifying to say the least :p

Same i havent dyed my hair since last year May. I have golden brown hair and it bleaches itself just fine ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, you see I'm sure it said on Madonna's Videography article on Wikipedia that they made a video for Holiday but decided against releasing it

Oh i see...perhaps because it was basic like the live performances anyway perhaps....like an all out dance video like Lucky Star was too for example.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same i havent dyed my hair since last year May. I have golden brown hair and it bleaches itself just fine ;)

I have never ever died my hair

I haven't lived, have i?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm a Blonde (no jokes please) so the sun is my friend :p and ive never died my hair either i should peharps give it a go too LM

And i have no idea sorry as JP said video's then were basic could be another lucky star type thing or an early performance
    Forum Member
    Oh i see...perhaps because it was basic like the live performances anyway perhaps....like an all out dance video like Lucky Star was too for example.

I always wished we had a video for Holiday, Angel, Dress You Up, Keep It Together and Bye Bye Baby...basically all the singles without videos!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Blonde (no jokes please) so the sun is my friend :p and ive never died my hair either i should peharps give it a go too LM

And i have no idea sorry as JP said video's then were basic could be another lucky star type thing or an early performance

Welsh Bimbo, I see a...:D :D:D

the sun is au nateurelle peroxide ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wished we had a video for Holiday, Angel, Dress You Up, Keep It Together and Bye Bye Baby...basically all the singles without videos!

Yeah i know...i mean i love the live performance videos of these songs! But videos would ave been excellent for them too.

But tbh Keep It Together is a visual feast of a live eprformance....but an actual video...maybe directed by Herb Ritts or Fincher at the time too would have been marvellous.

Dress You Up would have had an amazing video too :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh Bimbo, I see a...:D :D:D

the sun is au nateurelle peroxide ;)

Haha at least you kept sheep out of it :D

And i know it is a shame especially Angel one of my faves
This discussion has been closed.