HulloMail

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
Can someone please help me. I set up HulloMail on my iPhone 5 when I was with Orange and I then transferred to an EE LTE plan. Subsequently my HulloMail stopped working and I'm not sure what to do to get it back.

Comments

• red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried going to http://my.hullomail.com and checking your details there?
    There is a section there for you rmobile provider.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    Have you tried going to http://my.hullomail.com and checking your details there?
    There is a section there for you rmobile provider.

I've looked at that but it doesn't list EE. I had better email their support, I was just hoping someone here had already encountered this. Thanks anyway
    Forum Member
    Actually, I've just sussed it. I had to resend my activation codes.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    You'll be able to get Visual Voicemail for free from the 21st Jan!
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    You'll be able to get Visual Voicemail for free from the 21st Jan!

From whom ?
    Forum Member
    Free for all EE4G customers on all LTE plans.
    Free for all Orange and T-Mobile customers on plans of £41 or more. Lower plans will be £1 per month extra.
    So the Orange iPhone extra 36 plan would cost £37 with VV.
    EE and Orange on stated date. T-Mobile wont get it till the spring.
    EE4G uses Orange's voicemail system. This is why they will be first. VV is being bolted onto the Orange/EE voicemail but not T-Mobile's more basic outdated voicemail.
    I'm guessing that the T-Mobile voicemail system will be upgraded in order to implement VV and is therefore taking longer.
    Hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    Too little too late. Assuming it works like O2's VV then HulloMail is much better.
    Forum Member
    I might give it a try in that case. Thanks.
    Forum Member
    Well looked into Hullomail and yes, it's very good. What I don't like is the setup which is fairly complex. It's not beyond me (in my line of work) but I don't want to phaf about. VV works natively and does everything I want so I'm looking forward to the launch later this month. I'm also paying £46 per month on EE4G so it'll be free :)
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    Well looked into Hullomail and yes, it's very good. What I don't like is the setup which is fairly complex. It's not beyond me (in my line of work) but I don't want to phaf about. VV works natively and does everything I want so I'm looking forward to the launch later this month. I'm also paying £46 per month on EE4G so it'll be free :)

Complex??????????????
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complex?

IIRC it was as simple as...Sign up. Sign in. Dial the set-up/activation contact it adds to your phone book. Done.
    Forum Member
    Well ok, complex was probably the wrong word. I just don't like the third party in between. I signed up with a different service a few years ago and it was awful. Can't remember what it was. It set up ok then at random callers would get a spoken error message in French! I run a business and I couldn't deal with that. I guess it just put me off. I also had one hell of a job to cancel it.
    I'm sure Hullomail is much better but I'd rather just wait for VV and have it all coming through EE.
    Forum Member
    Well ok, complex was probably the wrong word. I just don't like the third party in between. I signed up with a different service a few years ago and it was awful. Can't remember what it was. It set up ok then at random callers would get a spoken error message in French! I run a business and I couldn't deal with that. I guess it just put me off. I also had one hell of a job to cancel it.
    I'm sure Hullomail is much better but I'd rather just wait for VV and have it all coming through EE.

When I first started to set up Hullomail I thought exactly the same - "this looks complicated and is going to fail somewhere" - but I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it went considering the hoops they are jumping through.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member

As you haven't even tried to set it up or use it, I see little point in you commenting either way on how good or not it is.......:rolleyes:
    The set up is simple and it's very simple to use and needs no maintenance. It's never let me down in 4 years and the extras over any other VV put it way ahead of anything out there....
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    Well I do use Hullomail and whilst I would agree that when up and running it is very good; I would also agree that they need to improve the sign up and set up process.

When I did it, calls were being diverted to silence and notification of a missed call was taking a long time to come through. I tapped Help in the app and got a full screen advert for a gambling site with no way to click through.

I contacted them via the website and received a reply from someone who thought sim only = PAYG and that meant Hullomail would never work. There's nothing more irritating when having a problem with a new service when the help system doesn't work.

I fiddled around with settings and turned the service on and off a few times. It started to work.

Its been up and running now for several months and it is very good indeed. Hopefully they have looked at their setup and support systems , as in my experience it needs quite an overhaul.
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what puts me off. I'm not saying I would have problems. It would probably all work fine first time but as you say, with these free services there is often no one to talk to when things do go wrong. I would rather just wait as VV will do all I want and is called up from the native phone app.
  • FiendishlyCFiendishlyC Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    If you don't like Hullomail, check out Libon which is a similar product for iOS. I got 6 months premium service included when I installed it.