• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Love Zumba! :D

Going to try and do two zumba classes a week tried it in 2012 and loved it
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im here again.

I started off 2 years ago at 14stone 7.8Ib. I got down to 11.5 stone, but that has crept back up to (as of about 30 mins ago) 12stone 3.8Ib *damn those chrimbo choccies*. I really want to get down to 11 stone, so I have just over one stone to lose.

2nd Jan 2012 - Starting weight 12 stone 3.8Ib
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in but first day on Friday because thats when I am buying a new set of scales, I bought Zumba exercise program and am determined this year to do something about my weight, especially with regards to low self-esteem
  • JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    3 or 4 before bed.
    It worked for me.

If not pickled red cabbage.

Would pickled gherkins work, do u think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never heard of anyone eating pickled onions before bed. Ewwww.

You would be far better eating pineapple as that has proven fat busting skills.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Glad this thread is back! Hope everyone has a wonderful 2013!

I had good intentions last year and lost just over a stone but I find often my weight fluctuates a lot as I can lose 4lb then put 3lb back on the week after - and I know it's my own fault so I'd like to over come this.

I'm not going to do anything silly diet wise, I'm just going to eat sensibly - include more fruit and veg and cut down my portion sizes a little, with less snacking on junk food but that doesn't mean I'm going to deprive myself of anything. Exercise wise I was using exercise DVDs for 3/4 times a week and I will continue this but I want to go from 20 mins to 30 mins with them and mix my workout up a bit more (I have 4 exercise DVDs but tend to use the same 2 so need to include all of them so I don't get bored/too used to them).

I don't want to set myself stupid targets as I'll feel worse if I don't reach them, so I'd be quite happy to lost 1/2lb a week as long as it stayed off....

Starting weight: 10st 3lb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I eat pickled onions too. They do fill me up, but they don't half pong.
    Anyway shock horror I have put on four and a half pounds in two weeks from Christmas goodies and drink.
    Back on the diet this morning, back on the no alcohol and back on the bland foods and it's hard going. Hubby back at work and all christmas goody left overs removed from my kitchen so I the temptation has now gone.
    That programme last night wasn't helpful. Why did they have to go and tell us that salad foods and vegetables are grown in soil containing human poo and that there are bad fats and sugars in low fat foods especially yoghurts?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started Lipotrim's Maintenance Program this morning to see if it helps. I did try the full on 'strict' version a few years ago and lasted a day as I hated the taste, but these ones seem a bit nicer to tolerate so we will see how I get on. I will be having two of the replacement sachets a day for breakfast and lunch and then a healthy meal in the evenings, usually a Weight Watchers meal. I am also going to try walking everywhere and leave the car at home, and when the weather improves a bit I will be going out walking after work every night. Also, no alcohol and no snacking, just plenty of water and some black coffee with no sugar or sweetners which I believe is allowed on the Maintenance plan. The coffee can also be mixed with the shakes to make them nicer to eat!

Starting weight - 17s 5lbs (which is actually less than what I was a few weeks before Christmas, so I didn't put weight on over Christmas for once!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Started Lipotrim's Maintenance Program this morning to see if it helps. I did try the full on 'strict' version a few years ago and lasted a day as I hated the taste, but these ones seem a bit nicer to tolerate so we will see how I get on. I will be having two of the replacement sachets a day for breakfast and lunch and then a healthy meal in the evenings, usually a Weight Watchers meal. I am also going to try walking everywhere and leave the car at home, and when the weather improves a bit I will be going out walking after work every night. Also, no alcohol and no snacking, just plenty of water and some black coffee with no sugar or sweetners which I believe is allowed on the Maintenance plan. The coffee can also be mixed with the shakes to make them nicer to eat!

Starting weight - 17s 5lbs (which is actually less than what I was a few weeks before Christmas, so I didn't put weight on over Christmas for once!)

Good luck for the New Year, but that is a very strict diet. I don't think i would be able to keep it up. And no alcohol *gulp*. Just make sure you have a treat every now and again, or life could get a little tedious.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ladyjo123A wrote: »
    Going to try and do two zumba classes a week tried it in 2012 and loved it

Great :) I started off doing 2 a week, I do 4 now which my friend's personal trainer tells us can only do so much for weight loss and while I understand that, a big part of me (pardon the pun) does it because I really enjoy it! Rather than solely using the classes to lose weight.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Good luck for the New Year, but that is a very strict diet. I don't think i would be able to keep it up. And no alcohol *gulp*. Just make sure you have a treat every now and again, or life could get a little tedious.
    The whole point of the diet is that you have to stay strict, no treats whatsoever. It messes up your ketones and then it takes a while to get your body back in the way you've been telling it to by using the shakes! I should be ok for the no alcohol part, most people I knows birthdays or big events are in the summer or later in the year so I don't really have a need to go out boozing until August time onwards, and by then I should be finished with the diet and concentrating on eating healthily (with the occasional treat).
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    I aim to have 2 stone off by end of March/Start of April ..

Another 2 stone by end of June

Then another 2 stone by Sep/Oct.

Not starting till Monday though because I am getting a tooth out on Friday .. start a fresh on Monday

Good Luck everyone!

:)
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in as I'm currently on a diet:D

Last August I weighed in at just over 28st:( I lost 6st in 60 days consuming nothing but juiced fruit n veg and bike riding daily for up to 10 miles per day. I felt absolutely great.

After the 60 days, I slowing started eating solid food again and unfortunately started eating some of the wrong things again, i.e bloody domino's pizza:mad: Put a stone in weight on and lost my mojo!

Since the beginning of December I've cut out meat and gone back to juicing in the morning for breakfast, having homemade soup for lunch and a salad for tea. I've managed to loose the stone I put back on plus an extra ¾stone and now weigh 21¼stone.

I would like to get down to about 18 stone, which I think is definitely possible this year.

I know the sort of diet that I've done wouldn't suit everyone, but it suits me as I love my fruit n veg, and best of all I feel so good on it.
    Along with my diet as of 1/1/2013 I went vegetarian as I no longer eat meat, because of the way it makes me feel when I eat it now.
    Which is remarkable for me as I was an avid meat eater, who felt I could never do without my meat:D

Good luck to everyone else with their diets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to give 80/10/10 a go. It's a hardcore raw vegan diet:) I have an underactive thyroid and the beginnings of arthritis in one knee, and I want to see if I can eat a clean enough diet that I can go without medication.

But I want to use up all the food in the cupboards first because I don't like waste, so I estimate it's going to be at least 2/3 weeks before I can do it properly.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in as I'm currently on a diet:D

Last August I weighed in at just over 28st:( I lost 6st in 60 days consuming nothing but juiced fruit n veg and bike riding daily for up to 10 miles per day. I felt absolutely great.

After the 60 days, I slowing started eating solid food again and unfortunately started eating some of the wrong things again, i.e bloody domino's pizza:mad: Put a stone in weight on and lost my mojo!

Since the beginning of December I've cut out meat and gone back to juicing in the morning for breakfast, having homemade soup for lunch and a salad for tea. I've managed to loose the stone I put back on plus an extra ¾stone and now weigh 21¼stone.

I would like to get down to about 18 stone, which I think is definitely possible this year.

I know the sort of diet that I've done wouldn't suit everyone, but it suits me as I love my fruit n veg, and best of all I feel so good on it.
    Along with my diet as of 1/1/2013 I went vegetarian as I no longer eat meat, because of the way it makes me feel when I eat it now.
    Which is remarkable for me as I was an avid meat eater, who felt I could never do without my meat:D

Good luck to everyone else with their diets.

Best of luck to you too!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My New Year's resolution is to lose at least 4 stone by the end of the year. I'm hoping that it will be more, though!

My current weight is 18st and I'm really not happy with it. Since I was told I was diabetic about 4 years ago the weight has slowly came on because of the insulin injections I have to take. While I know I could've done a lot more exercise to keep it off, I was extremely lazy the first two years after I left school, and that didn't help.

I've never really been on a diet before so I'm currently looking on the internet for the best possible diet for myself. I'm thinking of giving Weight Watchers a try, and see how well that goes for the first few months.

I don't have much confidence in myself, especially my appearance, so the gym is a no no for now. I'm just thinking of doing a lot more walking than I normally do and doing some exercises at home too. If anyone knows of any good exercise videos or things to do at home, I'd greatly appreciate any tips.

Best of luck to you all!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have put on 2 stone on since about October,the majority of that over xmas,i need to get mysef sorted because I actually feel quite lousy after eating so much crap,i am going back on the slimming world plan,though I would never go to classes,i have bought myself a slow cooker and y,day made a big lentil soup I will have for my dinner today,then ill put my ipod on and attempt to walk to work (3 miles),last year I started jogging just round the park,although I was ok physically I struggled mentaly,and you have to be in the right frame of mind or it just dosnt work and you end up walkin most of the way,so I am going to give it another go and start from scratch,my goal is to run the race for life ,also I am giving myself a weekly target,say 2llb each week,rather than thinking about the whole 2 stone,which seems daunting,there are some fantastic story,s on here and it will be great following everybody,s progress,so good luck to everybody.
  • rustybucketrustybucket Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I'm in.

I weigh about 17 stone, far too much, I want to lose 3 stone.

For me its the alcohol. I drink far too much and can easily drink a bottle of red on a school night. Days off well double that.

The idea is to try and cut right back and keep myself busy in the evenings.

I am a member of a gym and it's a bloody good one, but also expensive. The idea is to use the classes and pool etc then relax in the spa afterwards. And use the weights which I know are really useful in losing weight.

And my diet, cut back on bread, pastry, processed food (cut back on carbs) as these are not good for me.

Up the proteins, lots of eggs and proper fresh home made food.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started my new exercise/healthy eating regime on New Years day :D I did really well a few months ago and lost two stone between September and November. Unfortunately, due to a series of setbacks, I went back to my old ways (drinking 4 pints of lager every night, and up to 8 on my day off combined with comfort binge eating) and as a result I put 10lbs back on very rapidly.

I'm now ''back in the zone'' and feeling rather positive about my weight loss. Completely cutting out alcohol aside from perhaps a few small bottles of low calorie beer on a Friday night, going on my exercise bike for an hour every day and changing my diet.

Little things like switching to Weight Watchers bread (50 calories a slice instead of the 114 I used to have!) to make my toast in the morning, having low calorie soup for lunch and grilled chicken/turkey/fish with vegetables for tea, makes a big difference. Well, it worked very well for my weight loss last time, so I'm hoping it will have a similar effect this time.

Also, can't go wrong with watching The Biggest Loser whilst exercising. I put my exercise bike in front of my computer and watch Biggest Loser episodes on Youtube while I'm pedaling away :p

Good luck to everyone! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Also, can't go wrong with watching The Biggest Loser whilst exercising. I put my exercise bike in front of my computer and watch Biggest Loser episodes on Youtube while I'm pedaling away :p

I LOVE watching weight loss shows when im dieting. In the first year of my diet I got addicted to them as I found them really motivating. You didn't fancy that choccie biscuit when you see the person on the telly transform before your eyes.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »

I do that too :D I would never want to do such a plan but I find it very motivational, especially when you see the quick change in their bodies (even though it takes us longer).

It's a shame the UK version has been axed, although I do prefer the US version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I do that too :D I would never want to do such a plan but I find it very motivational, especially when you see the quick change in their bodies (even though it takes us longer).

It's a shame the UK version has been axed, although I do prefer the US version.

I loved the UK show called something like 'obese - a year to save my life'. It was incredible. Plus, it helped that the presenter / instructor was as hot as hell. :o
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I loved the UK show called something like 'obese - a year to save my life'. It was incredible. Plus, it helped that the presenter / instructor was as hot as hell. :o

In the US, their version is called extreme makeover: weightloss edition with Chris Powell as the instructor. i have seen that on here as OAYTSML

Both uk and us versions are good!

The US version ends with skin removal surgery (they have to lose at least 50% of their bodyweight before being eligable) which may be frowned upon by some but is a big factor for morbidly obese pepple as their skin is often too stretched to repair itself.
  • SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everybody! I need to keep a close eye on what I'm eating and I'm wanting to lose 2 stone. Problem is, I'm almost completely sedentary at the moment as I'm waiting for a hip replacement - and am finding it really painful to walk.

So, it won't be exercise that will help me diet. I'm going to do my best to cut down (out?) alcohol, and will cut out the white carbs. Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth so I never eat cakes, sweets or biscuits anyway.

Anyway, good luck to all! Keep focused and positive!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in too.

I just weighed my self after getting back from a New Year holiday this morning and I'm shocked to see that I have never been heavier in my life.

I'm just a shade under 17st with a BMI of 35.5 which is well into obese territory. I'm probably 4-5 stone over weight but I'd be happy if I could lose 2 stone in the next few months as a first target.

My main problem is my lifestyle. My diet it OK (could be better but I hardly ever eat junk food) but I have a desk job and the only exercise I get it walking to and from the pub. In the summer, inspired by the Olympics, I bought an exercise bike but only used it a few times - I'd be knackered in a couple of minutes - before it became a fancy clothes horse.

In the past I have a had some good success with a low carb diet - I lost 2 stone a few years ago - but I just found it impossible to maintain long term as all of my favourite foods are carbohydrates.

My initial plan is no crazy diet fad, just sensible eating, dusting off the exercise bike and trying to cut down the pub trip to a maximum of once a week.