Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Hurt Locker(2008) 8/10
    Really late getting to watch this but it was on Channel 4 Saturday so gave it a go.I was pleasantly surprised, I expected it to be quite worthy and hard work, but it was excellently paced, shot, great script performances, REALLY impressed, well deserved its Oscar ahead of Avatar IMO.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robot & Frank

Beautiful indie film about a guy suffering the early stages of althzeimer's who is given a robot to take care of him. It's funny, warm, hilarious and deeply moving. Wonderful film

9/10
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Django Unchained - 10/10 - what can i say, Quentin Tarantino has done it again, a fantastic film, supurb cast, as you woukld expect from a Quentin Tarantino film, a high level of violance, gore and swearing, a few scenes were a bit uncomfortable but that aside i can't recommended this film highly enough
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    The Man with the Golden Arm (1955)

7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sick at just remembering Ray with the hot nubile young officer and his y-fronts.

Once in head, it appears it's hard to erase... Yuck!

If you have any sense, I would avoid it. It's best not to get those horrendous pictures of Ray in your head in the first place. :eek::p
    Av a bang on thaaat.
    :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    The Sweeney (2012)

Oh dear. It's so bad I'm not sure where to begin. Ray Winstone phoning in another performance, just being Ray Winstone again( mumbles, the odd snarl, grunts)... Plan B is so inept at acting I'm gobsmacked someone hired him. Just give it up already, please. The storyline was thin and vague, the big set piece was a chase around a caravan park... the 'love' story between Ray & a hot nubile young officer was absolutely repulsive, particularly the endless shots of Ray's massive gut portruding o'er his y-fronts *vom*... what the hell were they thinking?????

0/10

So turns out Plan A wasn't to have singing talent OR acting talent.
  • katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hear my Song (1991) on DVD - one of my favourite films, full of wonderful characters
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chalet Girl [2011]. Director: Phil Traill

7/10

An load of romance, comedy and sports movie clichés crammed into an unfailingly amiable 97 minutes.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Blackout (2008)

Implausible thriller about 3 people stuck in a lift.

Ironically it offers little in the way of suspense.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fellowship of the ring - extended edition blu ray.

still brilliant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Winston shagging, definately 0/10. I don't need to see that.

No-one needs to see that ! :eek: Bet even his missus asks for the lights off before they go at it. :o
    Arcana wrote: »
    Blackout (2008)

Implausible thriller about 3 people stuck in a lift.

Ironically it offers little in the way of suspense.

Not at all uplifting.
    What a let down. ;);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching 'Toy story' right now.
    ( No I haven't seen it before ) !

All good so far. :D
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Rewatched Possession ('81) last night, staring Sam Neill and Isabelle Adjani. I'd recommend it to anybody. It follows certain 'horror' elements but it goes way beyond just being a horror flick and is one of the greatest studies in the breakdown of a marriage and the psychological destruction of the people involved in it that I've ever seen committed to film.

Sam Neill is fantastic in it but Adjani, as usual, completely owns the screen. When you think that somebody like Natalie Portman won an Oscar for her portrayal of derangement in The Black Swan and Adjani's performance in Possession went largely ignored by mainstream awarding bodies... the mind boggles.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Greedy - 1994 A comedy with Michael J.Fox, Kirk Douglas, the late Phil Hartman and the gorgeous Olivia D,Abo. Always makes me laugh.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    You might enjoy it, if you like stoned teddy bears :)

Turns out I do :o

Ted - 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 Jump Street.

5/10. I'd have given it 7/10 for the first half as I quite enjoyed the concept and enjoy abit of juvenile humour.

Was surprised at the cameos.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    ]Open Range. A western starring and directed by Kevin Costner. It’s the story of four cattlemen who fall foul of Irish landowner Michael Gambon which results in Costner and Robert Duvall taking on Gambon’s men in a shootout.

It’s not a rollicking, action packed western. Instead Costner takes his time to build characters and relationships so that you really care about what happens to them. It’s a beautifully photographed film and Costner clearly has an eye for detail and a love of westerns.

For me, the high spot of the film was Robert Duvall. He was simply wonderful as the tough, no-nonsense trail boss with a soft heart. He created a character with depth, wisdom, humour and dignity.

It’s a slow build to the shoot-out but when it happens it’s one of the best and most realistic ever filmed and because of all that’s gone before you’ll be rooting for our heroes.
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Lucky Partners (1940) - 7/10
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Delicatesse (2011)

I watched this on Netflix as it had Audrey Tatou in it. Form reading the sypnopsis nothing really stood out but at the end of the film my heart felt incredibly warmed and I had a big smile on my face. The French have the talent of turning something quite simple into something beautiful.

8/10
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Turns out I do :o

Ted - 8/10

haha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Silver Linings Playbook - 9.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hsellors wrote: »
    La Delicatesse (2011)

I watched this on Netflix as it had Audrey Tatou in it. Form reading the sypnopsis nothing really stood out but at the end of the film my heart felt incredibly warmed and I had a big smile on my face. The French have the talent of turning something quite simple into something beautiful.

8/10

I'd recommend Delicacy if you haven't already seen it.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Season Of The Witch (2011)

Medieval knights talked like 20th Century Hollywood action heroes. Who knew?

It falls between two stools. Not enough humour to be enjoyably tongue-in-cheek and too boring to be entertaining dark fantasy. If you're after 14th century plague era sword-and-sorcery, I'd say Black Death is a much better option
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Flight - 6/10

Hyde Park On Hudson - 4/10

Hitchcock - 4/10

Gangster Squad - 3/10
This discussion has been closed.