Is "Locked Out Of Heaven" one of the best pop classics of recent years?

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think it is:)
I dislike Bruno Mars immensely but I can't deny that this song is an absolute corker and I never tire of listening to it. The production is incredible and sounds pretty timeless.
It deserved to be an even bigger hit than it was, really!
What do you think?

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I actually can't stand the song & I'm a big fan of Bruno. It just reminds me of The Police too much & I didn't like the video.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Bruno Mars and it's fantastic song, howeverit's the sample that he's used that makes the song great. The beat is just so catchy and infectious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Gorilla
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great song, but I think Grenade will be his biggest hit that people remember from him
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer this from Bruno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoNNxYxPOcc
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the song on of a handful of his. But it sounds more like a Police record than his own and for that reason no.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I dislike Bruno Mars immensely but I can't deny that this song is an absolute corker and I never tire of listening to it. The production is incredible and sounds pretty timeless.
    What do you think?

I know what you mean.
    I love that track.
    I think why I like it so much as I love the performance side of it as well.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a Bruno Mars fan but I love Locked Out Of Heaven and Treasure. They're the first songs of his I've liked since the song he did with B.O.B but maybe because I'm pretty old school
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. It's nothing special, and certainly doesn't strike me as worthy of this title.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I much prefer this from Bruno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoNNxYxPOcc

lmao your Alexandra Burke promo is flawless
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Bruno. All his songs just sound like ripoffs of classics. If I had heard anything remotely original from him then I might reconsider. There's something so fake about him.
    Forum Member
    I think Grenade, Treasure & Gorilla are brilliant, serious gems of our time, but Locked Out Of Heaven just doesn't click with me :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I don't want to like it because it feels like he ripped off other artists :(
    I loved his first album though.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on it. In fact, pretty much all of Mars' output so far has irritated me somewhat.

As far as whether or not it should have been a bigger hit...I don't think it stands out amongst his other songs or indeed much else in the charts.
  • icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Yeah this is the only song I like of his.
    But I agree with you op it is one of my favourite songs ever
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Pop classic?..........nope.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I think Treasure is his catchiest song.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No cos he keeps constantly saying:

SEX SEX SEX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Locked Out of Heaven is OK, but it wasn't amazing. I prefer Runaway Baby from Doo-Wops and Hooligans and Treasure from his current album. Although, the way I found Treasure was through Breakbot's Baby I'm Yours. I still love both songs though.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like it and agree that Treasure is much better.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a good song, but there are better ones on the album in my opinion such as Treasure, Gorilla, Moonshine and When I Was Your Man. If you haven't listened to his album you should, he's one of the few mainstream artists today who makes music with real soul influences.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    What do you think?

I think it is a pretty poor imitation of a Police song. 'Can't Stand Losing you' or 'Message in a Bottle' being a couple which it clearly rips off. Mars is a poor imitation of a lot of other artists really.

If you want to hear a great original song try 'Wrapped Around Your Finger' or 'Every Little Thing She Does' by the aforementioned Police. Hear the real masters at work.