Best Pokemon game on DS?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Havent played them in 10 years and fancied getting one but whats the best game out. Some say Black and others say Silver.

Any ideas?

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have never played Silver/Gold/Crystal then go for SoulSilver/HeartGold. If you have, go Black2/White2.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Black 2 / White 2 as theres so much to do but as you haven't played them in a long time I'd go with SoulSilver / HeartGold as they will have a lot more pokemon that you are familiar with.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl was my first ever Pokémon game so it has a special place in my heart due to nostalgia value, but I'd have to say that HeartGold/SoulSilver are the best made Pokémon games there have ever been.

Black/White probably has the best storyline so if you like an interesting plot, one of them is worth getting.
    I didn't actually enjoy Black 2/White 2 all that much. The Pokémon World Tournament was a great idea and it was good that they made the Unova storyline a lot less linear, but the storyline itself didn't quite reach the heights of Black/White. Still, at least they decided to do something a little different rather than just release the same game with only a few small changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new games Pokemon X/Y get released October 12th for the 3DS
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'd say Soul Siver just because Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil are my favourite starters ever.

Pokemon X & Y comes out in a month I think so maybe get that instead? There will be mega evolutions for Charizard, Blastoise and Venasaur so basically that'll make all Gen 1 fans happy if you're one of them.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to the kanto starters, do we get to choose one of them as well as a gen 6 starter? Or is it on or the other?
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    In regards to the kanto starters, do we get to choose one of them as well as a gen 6 starter? Or is it on or the other?

I've heard that you get the Kalos starter from your characters friends and then you get a Kanto starter from the Proffesor. I'm getting Fennekin and Squirtle :D.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard that you get the Kalos starter from your characters friends and then you get a Kanto starter from the Proffesor. I'm getting Fennekin and Squirtle :D.

Im kinda sad by this :(! I wanted Chespin, but I also want Bulbasaur! What to do?!?! :cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Im kinda sad by this :(! I wanted Chespin, but I also want Bulbasaur! What to do?!?! :cry::cry:

Get both! I think there's a special event when you get Pokemon X and Y, I've never done a 'special event' before but you can get a Torchic I think, so I will do it this time :D.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get both! I think there's a special event when you get Pokemon X and Y, I've never done a 'special event' before but you can get a Torchic I think, so I will do it this time :D.

Yes you download it as a "Mystery Gift" over the wi-fi and you get the Torchic. My starting three will be Torchic, Squirtle and Chespin but I'll have all six starters as me and my girlfriend will be sorting it so we have all six at the beginning.