Chucklevision on DVD

LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good news!

Chucklevision is finally being released on DVD. A selection of six episodes from series one, on two DVDs.

Hopefully they will sell well enough for complete series to be released.

Both DVDs are released in September.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chucklevision-Halloween-More-Barmey-Episodes/dp/B005DKJBM0/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1311552801&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chucklevision-Christmas-More-Barmy-Episodes/dp/B005DK46UM/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1311552801&sr=1-8

Comments

• j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Are you being sarcastic? I really hope so :o
  • LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic? I really hope so :o

Why would I be sarcastic?

I grew up watching Chucklevision, right from Series 4 in 1991 through to Series 12 in 2000, recorded every episode in order.

By Series 12, I felt it wasn't as good as it used to be, I'd still watch it, but I stopped recording them.

I never got the chance to see Series 1 and 2, as far as I know they were never repeated after the original broadcasts in 1987/1988, so to finally have some of them on DVD is a dream come true, to me and many people who love Chucklevision. I just hope we get complete series at some point.
  • ElliotSaundersElliotSaunders Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up! will be getting these for sure!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already pre-ordered mine, when they come I'll do a full review. And I've been waiting for the complete season (preferably box sets) for ages now. There are some very early season 1 episodes that are absolutely excruciating to look for online. So we'll have to wait and see. They've made alot of DVD releases now, it's nice to see some actual episodes packed into the discs. We were mostly seeing their tour productions, we did get some promising stuff in Indiana Chuckles And The Kingdom Of The Mythical Sulk :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More episodes were passed at the bbfc today. Some with the advice 'Contains outdated racial attitudes'. Acceptable in the 80's no doubt.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV281511/
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV281514/
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Might get these as I loved Chucklevision as a kid. Probably end up getting them for Christmas though, which is fine too :p *wonders why she is thinking about Christmas pressies in July*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    More episodes were passed at the bbfc today. Some with the advice 'Contains outdated racial attitudes'. Acceptable in the 80's no doubt.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV281511/
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV281514/

That is very exciting news. The whole of series one will now be available if these two DVDs get a release date.
  • Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I contacted the company yesterday and was told that Chucklevision will continue be released and there also looking into Bodger and Badger, he said call back in 4 weeks for more news on Bodger and Badger.
    Forum Member
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »
    I contacted the company yesterday and was told that Chucklevision will continue be released and there also looking into Bodger and Badger, he said call back in 4 weeks for more news on Bodger and Badger.

Ooh I loved Bodger and Badger, I might be tempted to buy a DVD for a bit of 90s kids TV nostalgia :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »

That's great news. It looks like the whole of series one is going to be released, so hopefully many more will follow.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    To me...

To coo...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accordng to Chucklevision writer John Sayle, a box set will be released in October, containing the whole of series one, with series two and series three very likely to follow.

Great news!
  • Sun!Sun! Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Chucklevision when I was younger, cant believe they still make new episodes!
    Forum Member
    Sun! wrote: »
    I used to love Chucklevision when I was younger, cant believe they still make new episodes!

Are they still making new ones? What channel are they on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they still making new ones? What channel are they on?

They are normally on the CBBC channel. I think the new series is on later this year.
  • WoofyWoofy Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they'll put the outtakes on the DVD? Although will we be able to tell the difference. :D

...and no slacking. lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More good news.....

The Complete Series One box set is now available for pre-order:

http://www.deltamusic.co.uk/dvd-product-details.php?delta_product_id=2374&delta_search=Chucklevision&type=

All 13 episodes for £14.99, released in October.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These should have been released sooner. Somebody should have told the people in charge that there was to be "no slacking".
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show has been going for so long that it must have been popular enough for people to want to buy it on DVD.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you only need to see one episode to have seen them all. Who wants to sit through hours of the same premise, catchphrases and actors doing the same things over and over and over. At least Little Britain has some variety to it, how many times does anyone need to watch Barry Chuckle break something and Paul try to fix it or find a replacement before the fat boss finds out and they have to run away? Watching a box set of Chucklevision sounds like a version of Hell.
  • epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    'Contains outdated racial attitudes'.

I only remember them making fun of Barnsley. I wonder if that's considered racist now.
  • epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    At least Little Britain has some variety to it.

Really?

How many times do you hear Andy saying "I want that one", Lou warning him that he doesn't really want it and then when Andy gets it he immediately changes his mind.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    Really?

How many times do you hear Andy saying "I want that one", Lou warning him that he doesn't really want it and then when Andy gets it he immediately changes his mind.

They at least have a number of characters and routines rather than just the same one over and over. They are instead about 10 jokes told over and over.
  • ChuckleVision7ChuckleVision7 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Well it looks like Delta are very keen on getting ChuckleVision onto dvd because they are apparently considering to release two more series next year! :)