E4 trailor confirms Big Bang theory is back on 11th April

mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New trailor aired tonight saying Big Bang theory is back 2 weeks today can't flipping wait:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed! I think sparks might be flying between Penny and Sheldons assistant though...I hope they don't overplay it though and lose the fun..I have confidnce they won't. I think. :)
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve P wrote: »
    Yes indeed! I think sparks might be flying between Penny and Sheldons assistant though...I hope they don't overplay it though and lose the fun..I have confidnce they won't. I think. :)

Oh I'm sure they won't overplay it. This is after all a very subtle and fine-crafted show. I've never seen them go for the ham-fisted, knee-slapping and obvious jokes. It's a quiet kind of funny, as reflected in the audience's canny reaction. ;)
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as excited as I would have been a couple of years ago.
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm sure they won't overplay it. This is after all a very subtle and fine-crafted show. I've never seen them go for the ham-fisted, knee-slapping and obvious jokes. It's a quiet kind of funny, as reflected in the audience's canny reaction. ;)

I sit and watch it with a lifelong friend of mine, and she and I double up..We play 'spot the corpsing' where it's obvious Kaley Cuoco (Penny) is in a fit of giggles and is trying deperately too keep it in. For me, it is by a long way one of the most entertaining shows ever made.
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See I prefer the new series compared to the older series I know alot prefer the older ones as it was just the 5 of them in the earlier ones I liked in wen they brought in Amy and bernedette:)
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I prefer the older series, the women have too much of a role, the show was always supposed to be about the relationship between Sheldon and Leonard not the women. Outside of Penny I really don't care for the female characters and I preferred it when Leonard couldn't get into Penny's knickers.

They need to get back to the nerd/geekness. They are in my view writing for too many main characters now (7 people) and sometimes that shows in the quality of the writing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually switched off halfway through a recent episode - the one where Amy was sexually getting off on being spanked by Sheldon. I hope they episodes improve.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I actually switched off halfway through a recent episode - the one where Amy was sexually getting off on being spanked by Sheldon. I hope they episodes improve.

Oh why so? I've known several women who would more than relate to that particular scene (no punn intended to those who know to what I'm referring). I thought it hilarious as did my female companion. Because it's not your cup of tea doesn't make it less as an episode. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh why so? I've known several women who would more than relate to that particular scene (no pun intended to those who know to what I'm referring). I thought it hilarious as did my female companion. Because it's not your cup of tea doesn't make it less as an episode. :)

Well, it does for me, as I am only speaking on my behalf. But I belong(ed) to a TBBT fan forum and the general conciousness was it had 'jumped the shark' so I am not alone.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Well, it does for me, as I am only speaking on my behalf. But I belong(ed) to a TBBT fan forum and the general conciousness was it had 'jumped the shark' so I am not alone.

Running with the scientific theme of TBBT, Amy was getting off from the release of endorphins. I don't see why there was such a fuss made by some, what harm was done?
    Forum Member
    I've just had a quick perusal of what looks to be the main TBBT forum: Oh my...a lot of the contributors really need to get a life! Reading some of the comments, they think the characters are real, and that the show is a documentary.. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a quick perusal of what looks to be the main TBBT forum: Oh my...a lot of the contributors really need to get a life! Reading some of the comments, they think the characters are real, and that the show is a documentary.. :rolleyes:
    where can u find this forum
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We play 'spot the corpsing' where it's obvious Kaley Cuoco (Penny) is in a fit of giggles and is trying deperately too keep it in.

That happens a lot! Considering that you would laugh if someone said these funny lines in real life, I thought it may have been deliberate, an attempt at realism. I'm more inclined to believe that it's just the actress messing up though!
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Not as excited as I would have been a couple of years ago.

I'll be honest, I'm the same. I'll still watch it though!
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay :D
  • bramley29bramley29 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    "They need to get back to the nerd/geekness. They are in my view writing for too many main characters now (7 people) and sometimes that shows in the quality of the writing. "

Completely agree. Time to kill off Amy, have Bernadette move somewhere far away and get in a few new writers or bring the original writers back.
    Forum Member
    bramley29 wrote: »
    "They need to get back to the nerd/geekness. They are in my view writing for too many main characters now (7 people) and sometimes that shows in the quality of the writing. "

Completely agree. Time to kill off Amy, have Bernadette move somewhere far away and get in a few new writers or bring the original writers back.

How on earth can they write the end of Amy and Bernadette? They're now integral to the main characters. Personally I think all the characters are well presented. Sure they have seven main characters, but they're seldom all together in the same scene..In fact one of the most well recieved scenes was with everyone in it, when Sheldon and Amy held hands. A small gesture, but very significant and quite touching.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I prefer the older series, the women have too much of a role, the show was always supposed to be about the relationship between Sheldon and Leonard not the women. Outside of Penny I really don't care for the female characters and I preferred it when Leonard couldn't get into Penny's knickers.

They need to get back to the nerd/geekness. They are in my view writing for too many main characters now (7 people) and sometimes that shows in the quality of the writing.
    add Stewart to the list.

I too preferred it when it was more simplified.

Is it me or has Bernadette morphed into Lisa Simpson?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is six seasons in, it's never going to be as funny as it once was. I don't laugh like I used to, but I enjoy watching it all the same.

It can stay on my tv as long as they're prepared to keep making it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    It is six seasons in, it's never going to be as funny as it once was. I don't laugh like I used to, but I enjoy watching it all the same.

agree still the funniest thing on tv as well wat wud CBS replace it with they may change the show abit for season 7 but they might not as well going by the Hugh ratings in the us gets 17-18m every week just wow:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »

seasons 1-4 were the best but still find it hilarious as well :)
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it really been six seasons? Wow. How time flies.

It still has its moments, but I feel that it is struggling of late.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    add Stewart to the list.

Stuart has never made me laugh. Since Raj is not that much of a stereotypical geek, I think the more frequent appearances of Stuart now are to fill the 'geek who can't get a girlfriend' void left after Howard, Sheldon and Leonard got girlfriends. For me, it's not working!
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the best thing about TBBT was always the scenes between Penny & Sheldon, but unfortunately those scenes are very rare now.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    For me, the best thing about TBBT was always the scenes between Penny & Sheldon, but unfortunately those scenes are very rare now.

I posted in the other thread on this. The show was always at its best when it was mostly Sheldon and Leonard along with Penny. One main female character was enough, I really don't like any of the other female characters at least not to be regulars and at times dominating the episodes.

The Sheldon character is played so well by Jim Parsons that he should be the one they focus on.

I often wonder if they like to write in more characters in case someone decides to leave or if they do it because they think having more female characters will attract more female viewers?