Playing it Straight making a return

Comments

• Leanne 83Leanne 83 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Although loved this series really do think that would be great viewing!!!
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne 83 wrote: »
    Although loved this series really do think that would be great viewing!!!

I imagine it might alienate quite a few straight male viewers and really, although Channel 4 are interested primarily in making good quality programs, I don't think that the viewership would be sufficient for the cost of the programme. I do like how they managed to cut down the costs of the show for its revival but it really was just as good. Who needs Mexico, eh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody love this show! I was doing well with my gaydar until the last episode, where it all fall apart.

Someone above saying Danny and Dean were the best looking made me sick in my mouth slightly there.

Best: David.
    Second: MItch.
    Third: Sam... it was towards the end I started really liking him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David was a treat for the eyes and other areas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Leanne 83 wrote: »
    Really hope they do too, although I'd love a playing it gay series instead. Be intresting to see how far a straight man would go for 50k:D

I believe this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread but they've already had a show like this in America called Boy Meets Boy. The only major difference that I can remember is that the gay guy who has to weed through the men doesn't find out about the twist until the very end. I'd go searching for it online if you're interested.

I really, really do hope they make another one. Such a fantastic load of trash :D. Still not entirely over that finale.
  • sweetchicksweetchick Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Sam said he thought he almost turned straight for cara on twitter, does anyone think he really got genuinely confused in playing it straight? or do you think it was part of his game play?
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DogmaLoki wrote: »
    Bloody love this show! I was doing well with my gaydar until the last episode, where it all fall apart.

Someone above saying Danny and Dean were the best looking made me sick in my mouth slightly there.

Best: David.
    Second: MItch.
    Third: Sam... it was towards the end I started really liking him.

That's funny because my gaydar was spot-on for the last episode but not previously.

I thought Danny and the twins were good-looking but I didn't fancy them. It's funny how I started finding myself attracted to Dean in the last episode when I never had before! Maybe it's because it became obvious to me halfway through the episode he was the only one being honest with Cara (about being straight at least!). Sorry, I was never remotely attracted to David or Mitch. I was pretty sure both of them were gay from the outset (and I'm not).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweetchick wrote: »
    Sam said he thought he almost turned straight for cara on twitter, does anyone think he really got genuinely confused in playing it straight? or do you think it was part of his game play?

Elton John said he fancied his wife but could only ever fall in love with a man (or something along those lines). So yes, I think there may be an element of truth in what Sam said, though I think it would be more surprise than confusion (he's clearly always going to be far more attracted to men!).
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny is interviewed in this months M magazine http://m-isfor.co.uk/

not very long but there is a wee catch up blurb at the end were it says he and Ben got together a week into filming and had to keep it a secret from everyone (though im pretty sure Ben must have let slip to Sam as he as good as told Cara the minute Ben was gone) So they were pretty much together through the whole show

123 awwww

;):)

oh and the pictures of Danny are stunning he photographs like a dream no wonder the boy is a model.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny is interviewed in this months M magazine http://m-isfor.co.uk/

not very long but there is a wee catch up blurb at the end were it says he and Ben got together a week into filming and had to keep it a secret from everyone (though im pretty sure Ben must have let slip to Sam as he as good as told Cara the minute Ben was gone) So they were pretty much together through the whole show

123 awwww

;):)

oh and the pictures of Danny are stunning he photographs like a dream no wonder the boy is a model.

What are they, 10 years old? :p:o
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where to find the photographs :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are they, 10 years old? :p:o

haha When you fall for someone you fall for them, it doesn't always happen at the ideal time, something's are bigger and more important than a tv game show ;):)

You would have to really fall hard for someone to risk 50k for them :p:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday again. I'll miss you.
    Forum Member
    I've heard rumours of a playing it straight episode like what happens next kind of thing so i emailed e4 to see if it was true? and i got this response.

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for your email regarding PLAYING IT STRAIGHT.

There are no exact scheduling details just yet for any follow up episodes of this programme as schedules further than 2 weeks ahead are subject to change; please keep an eye on the television listings closer to the time for precise broadcast information.

Television listings for all our channels can be found at:

www.channel4.com/tv-listings

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

What does everyone think? Do you think they are doing one?[/B]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they do one for the first series?

If not, then no, although I would like a what happened next, with the Ben/Danny ship and Sven <3.
    Forum Member
    I can't remeber them doing one for the last one. I thought if they weren't doing one then they would of said and not telling me to keep checking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remeber them doing one for the last one. I thought if they weren't doing one then they would of said and not telling me to keep checking.

Well there was an article in the paper the other day about Dean having a follow up show: A Day In The Life Of A Hot Farrier perhaps ;):p:D

perhaps article got it a little wrong and it is actually following up on all the guys and Cara. I hope so Dean is the one im least interested in :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there was an article in the paper the other day about Dean having a follow up show: A Day In The Life Of A Hot Farrier perhaps ;):p:D

perhaps article got it a little wrong and it is actually following up on all the guys and Cara. I hope so Dean is the one im least interested in :p

I Googled Dean, and this is one of the results:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2012/mar/02/horse-documentary-groomed?newsfeed=true
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope playing it straight season 3 is back this year. They could show the American one on e4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard rumours of a playing it straight episode like what happens next kind of thing so i emailed e4 to see if it was true? and i got this response.

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for your email regarding PLAYING IT STRAIGHT.

There are no exact scheduling details just yet for any follow up episodes of this programme as schedules further than 2 weeks ahead are subject to change; please keep an eye on the television listings closer to the time for precise broadcast information.

Television listings for all our channels can be found at:

www.channel4.com/tv-listings

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4 and for your interest in our programming.

Regards,

What does everyone think? Do you think they are doing one?[/B]

That sounds promising. I also emailed Channel 4 and got this response:

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding PLAYING IT STRAIGHT

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed this programme and found it funny and entertaining, please be assured that your comments have been logged and noted for the information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4, we hope you continue to enjoy our programming.

Regards,

Grace Dawson

I wanted to do something, however small, to encourage them to commission another series.
  • Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Celebrity Playing it Straight version would be good :)

Maybe not :D
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almira G wrote: »
    A Celebrity Playing it Straight version would be good :)

Maybe not :D

Who do you suggest should be on it? Simon Cowell? :D
  • Almira GAlmira G Posts: 18,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Who do you suggest should be on it? Simon Cowell? :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Could be another shocker finale :eek::p:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almira G wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Could be another shocker finale :eek::p:o

I think it could work.

Simon before you leave the hacienda, I must know, are you gay or are you straight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    That sounds promising. I also emailed Channel 4 and got this response:

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding PLAYING IT STRAIGHT

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed this programme and found it funny and entertaining, please be assured that your comments have been logged and noted for the information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4, we hope you continue to enjoy our programming.

Regards,

Grace Dawson

I wanted to do something, however small, to encourage them to commission another series.

Brilliant. I'm thinking I should do this, I'd love a third series. I'm unsure whether all the filming is done during the summer… but two series a year would be muchly appreciated.