Homescreen Layout After Update to Jelly Bean

d4n_d4nd4n_d4n Posts: 84
Forum Member
Hey all,

I recieved a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for Christmas. I spent days set up my homescreen the way i wanted it with all the short cuts etc.

Yesterday i noticed there was an Android update waiting which i installed. This completerly reset all my short cuts and left me with 4 blank screens.

Is this what usually happens when you updgarde Android versions? does it restore the homescreen to a standard default?

Cheers

Dan

Comments

• SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s what I found when my Tab 2 10.1 updated to JB. JB is a complete flash of the tablets memory so it’s like having a new tab again.

Look on the bright side, it will be like Christmas day all over again:D and once you have done all your short cuts again that will be it unless there is another major update again but that is doubtful.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've updated my galaxy tab 2 10.1 to jelly bean and my galaxy note to ICS and in both instances my homescreen stayed the same. I think it asked before the update if I wanted all settings kept the same and I said yes. Other than that I just followed the prompts.
  • GraculusGraculus Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Got the wife a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 for Christmas. Upgraded to JB, and it kept all the (minimal) settings/home screen without a problem. Mind you, I did the upgrade as an early task before highly customising the device, just in case.
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    Some android launchers have an option to backup/restore desktop settings ( including apps and widgets)