Three One Plan from £15pm (UNL Data + Tethering)

jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
Forum Member
Three have just announced an unbeatable deal for heavy mins/texts/data users. Starting from tomorrow they are reintroducing their "One Plan" tariff at a brand new price of £15pm with a 12 month agreement or £18pm with a 1 month agreement.

What you get is-

2000 Minutes
5000 Texts
5000 3 to 3 Minutes (same network)
Unlimited data on 3G (4G launching later this year)
Unlimited Tethering
£15pm

Three have introduced a new 4G promise where they are upgrading customers on any exisiting tariff to 4G LTE free of charge when they launch the service later this year. Three currently have a DC-HSPA+ compatible network with 98% coverage and speeds of up to 42mbps.

With this plan there is no fair use policy on the data and people in the past have literally tethered over 200GB in the past with no issues at all. I myself use around ~30GB on average every month. Speeds are great as well as it's currently the best 3G network in the UK and i regularly get over 10mbps and even over 20mbps sometimes. And with the 4G addition coming later this year this plan provides the best value on the market by far and is actually the only unlimited data tariff which allows you to tether. No other network lets you do this.

The price before the price drop was £25pm. But at £15pm this is a bargain and will be available to buy from three tomorrow.

http://www.three.co.uk

To sum up

-Unlimited data + Tethering
-Access to 3G/4G network
-£15pm

(It makes my retention deal of £12.50pm look insignificant now...)

Comments

• Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did this really need a second thread?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Step666 wrote: »
    Did this really need a second thread?

Yes.

Your thread was a rumour thread. There isn't even any confirmation until a number of posts in.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Three starts launching 4G later this year it's going make EE's pricing even worse as it's 26 pounds a month just for 1GB on there sim only 12 month where as it's unlimited on Three. I know you don't get unlimited calls and texts on Three but you have to be using your phone a hell of a lot to use 2000 even if you went over It would be a fair bit of calls extra to make up the difference. I think Vodafone and O2 are going struggle charging extra on 4G as Vodafone specially is going have 2-3 months max before Three launches 4G. The only problem Three will have now is slightly less indoor coverage but even that should improve when 4G happens.

Three have thrown down the cards and it's going be interesting to see how the other networks react.
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling three are going to do a bait and switch on the tethering.... maybe.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I have a feeling three are going to do a bait and switch on the tethering.... maybe.

Ah you think will remove tethering from the one plan even though it has always been advertised as part of the plan. I can see why you would say that though.
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    Ah you think will remove tethering from the one plan even though it has always been advertised as part of the plan. I can see why you would say that though.

Not now.... maybe in the future though.

Although tbh that's the worst case scenario.

What i think will probably happen is trafficsense will be used to traffic manage a bit more than it was in the past.
    Forum Member
    New tidbit from Three confirming the free 4G upgrade
    We believe you shouldn’t have to wait for 4G to get a great internet experience.
    That’s why we’ve already upgraded our 3G network with the latest DC-HSDPA technology to make
    it Ultrafast. We know, all those letters are a bit of a mouthful, so we affectionately refer to it as 3.9G.

We’ve always been built for data and we love the internet – that’s why we offer
    all-you-can-eat data, so you won’t need to worry about running out. And as soon
    as we roll out 4G we’ll nudge you up without charging you for the privilege.
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Could I use this with my 3 dongle?
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Three have just announced an unbeatable deal for heavy mins/texts/data users. Starting from tomorrow they are reintroducing their "One Plan" tariff at a brand new price of £15pm with a 12 month agreement or £18pm with a 1 month agreement.

What you get is-

2000 Minutes
    5000 Texts
    5000 3 to 3 Minutes (same network)
    Unlimited data on 3G (4G launching later this year)
    Unlimited Tethering
    £15pm

Three have introduced a new 4G promise where they are upgrading customers on any exisiting tariff to 4G LTE free of charge when they launch the service later this year. Three currently have a DC-HSPA+ compatible network with 98% coverage and speeds of up to 42mbps.

With this plan there is no fair use policy on the data and people in the past have literally tethered over 200GB in the past with no issues at all. I myself use around ~30GB on average every month. Speeds are great as well as it's currently the best 3G network in the UK and i regularly get over 10mbps and even over 20mbps sometimes. And with the 4G addition coming later this year this plan provides the best value on the market by far and is actually the only unlimited data tariff which allows you to tether. No other network lets you do this.

The price before the price drop was £25pm. But at £15pm this is a bargain and will be available to buy from three tomorrow.

http://www.three.co.uk

To sum up

-Unlimited data + Tethering
    -Access to 3G/4G network
    -£15pm

(It makes my retention deal of £12.50pm look insignificant now...)

Can't see this on their website........
  • JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was just looking as well I can't see it, but i can see the new 321 PAYG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jwhiterz wrote: »
    I was just looking as well I can't see it, but i can see the new 321 PAYG

Ditto .

Seems this fantastic offer exists in fantasy land :D:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Ditto .

Seems this fantastic offer exists in fantasy land :D:rolleyes:

I already know if a few people that have spoke to three on the phone and gotten this plan instantly so it sure is real its just odd that its not online, maybe they had a issue with the updated page they were going to post on the website and so have to fix it first or something :rolleyes:

im going to give them a ring now and upgrade from my £12.90 as for £2.10 extra its worth the extra minuets and tethering
    Forum Member
    Via phone and in store right now.

No idea when the website update will happen
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jwhiterz wrote: »
    I already know if a few people that have spoke to three on the phone and gotten this plan instantly so it sure is real its just odd that its not online, maybe they had a issue with the updated page they were going to post on the website and so have to fix it first or something :rolleyes:

im going to give them a ring now and upgrade from my £12.90 as for £2.10 extra its worth the extra minuets and tethering

It's £18 per month if you want to stay on a 30 day rolling contract. It's £15 if you sign up for 12 months.
  • NathDoggNathDogg Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that I was offered The one plan 1 month for £18, the guy added a £7 discount to my account.

Initially he tried to put me on the £15 12-month deal with no mention of the £18 deal. I told him that I had heard that others have been offered the 1-month plan for £18, he then put me on hold. When he come back he said he can indeed offer me the 1-month one plan for £18.

I also confirmed with him that nothing else on my plan will change, including the tethering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's £18 per month if you want to stay on a 30 day rolling contract. It's £15 if you sign up for 12 months.

I did realise this but thanks anyway. :)

I went for the 12 month as i have no problems with three currently. Good service even though the signal isn't the best in my area.
    My new contract starts immediately :rolleyes:.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    I don't suppose there's any argument to have one's existing Three contract that includes the One Plan reduced is there ?
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's any argument to have one's existing Three contract that includes the One Plan reduced is there ?

I guess you could only do this if you're out of contract and ask for it.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Are 3 also going to lower their contract phone prices in line with these new SIM only prices? For instance, they are currently charging £35/mth plus £29 upfront for a 24 month one Plan with a Nexus 4 thrown in. But you can get the phone (SIM free!) for £290 delivered direct from Google and just get the 1 month commitment One Plan for £18/mth. As the phone works out effectively at £12/mth over the course of the 24 months you are paying significantly less than taking out the contract and being tied down for 2 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three uk tweeted that they were having issues updating the website with the new sim only deals and they hope to be posted later today.
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any other way of switching to this tariff other than phoning up or going in store (online?). I phoned up at 6.15pm tonight and got told I needed upgrades and they would put me through only to get a message saying the department is closed (who closes their phone lines at 6pm in this day and age?)

I work between 9am and 6pm when their lines are open and if I leave it to the weekend I will end up paying another month at £25.
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit odd that their Twitter team is saying the 1 month contract won't actually go done.

https://twitter.com/threeuk/status/351739635975725058

And it sounds like the 12 month contract won't be online today either

https://twitter.com/threeuk/status/351736226073673728
    Forum Member
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    Bit odd that their Twitter team is saying the 1 month contract won't actually go done.

https://twitter.com/threeuk/status/351739635975725058

They should really be briefed on these things.
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes you wonder why they know about the 12 month contract going down, but not the 1 month one. Or is there the possibility it actually won't go down?
    Forum Member
    denyo1977 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder why they know about the 12 month contract going down, but not the 1 month one. Or is there the possibility it actually won't go down?

It's already gone down.

Ring them up and ask.