BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear that the "Sack Moyes" banner is going to be lengthened to include Campbell, Derbyshire, Bacon and Nolan, and the plane will continue over Media City.

I would be all in favour of sacking Bacon and Campbell. Both sound so in love with themselves and their lifestyles.
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And thank God she has. She was bl**dy awful. Far too much joking around and laughing. One of the worst radio presenters out there.

It wouldn't surprise me if she were sacked. She was absolutely dreadful. I remember one news report she was reading out that was very very serious, and then less than 10 seconds later she burst out into manic laughing over something the other presenter - could have been Peter Allen - said. He wasn't joking. She was just on a constant manic high.

Utterly inappropriate and disrespectful. >:( I regularly complained to BBC Radio bosses about her.
    Her contract was up and she decided to move on.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/sep/28/aasmah-mir-leave-bbc-radio-5-live

The comments posted belwo the article seem to be split between those who loved / couldn't stand her.

Personally I found her laughing to be quite an irritating habit and one that she just couldn't or wouldn't curb.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent! 5 Live is 20 years old today so we get to hear a compilation of Queen Vic's most miserable phone ins!
  • Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about bringing the mood down.
  • brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on the trail of peter allan doing all the program this week he says "a week of celebration end today BUT stay tuned as we enter a new chapter"

So this could mean one thing or the other one either the old man will finally join twitter or that 5live will have a revamp of schedules and a new page in 5live history were all presenter do a reshuffle and new schedule will be introduced

either way i am excited also looking forward to drive with the allan and garvey should be good and hoping for a birthday bash celebration party and excitement and such
  • ch958ch958 Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    on the trail of peter allan doing all the program this week he says "a week of celebration end today BUT stay tuned as we enter a new chapter"

So this could mean one thing or the other one either the old man will finally join twitter or that 5live will have a revamp of schedules and a new page in 5live history were all presenter do a reshuffle and new schedule will be introduced

either way i am excited also looking forward to drive with the allan and garvey should be good and hoping for a birthday bash celebration party and excitement and such

god you're a seriously annoying idiot

enough with the twitter crap

sure some people use it

most don't

now bog off
  • streaky-baconstreaky-bacon Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    ch958 wrote: »
    god you're a seriously annoying idiot

enough with the twitter crap

sure some people use it

most don't

now bog off

Well said!!!
    Talk about bringing the mood down.

God listening to VD is enough to turn you to drink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie01 wrote: »
    Her contract was up and she decided to move on.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/sep/28/aasmah-mir-leave-bbc-radio-5-live

The comments posted belwo the article seem to be split between those who loved / couldn't stand her.

Personally I found her laughing to be quite an irritating habit and one that she just couldn't or wouldn't curb.

Maybe that was a nice way of saying she wasn't wanted, so she moved on. A bit like 'coming to a mutual agreement to part ways...' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Vic Derbyshire obsessed with that alcoholic female doctor?

Has she got a thing for her or something. Never heard anyone so obsessed with a guest.

She must have been on Derbyshire's show at least five or six times. She was even on today taking calls, but I switched off.

There are loads of people who have fought alcoholism and have a story to tell. I used to work for an alcohol help group (psst, I don't drink myself), and we used to have loads coming in each week. And loads who had beat the drink.

So to obsessively feature one woman all the blinkin' time lends me to think ol' Vic has a thing for this female doc.

Yeah I'm joking a bit there, but you know what I mean.

I HOPE that's the last we hear of that woman. The doc, not Derbyshire. But if you wanna throw Vic out too you can. :D
    Forum Member
    Why is Vic Derbyshire obsessed with that alcoholic female doctor?

Has she got a thing for her or something. Never heard anyone so obsessed with a guest.

She must have been on Derbyshire's show at least five or six times. She was even on today taking calls, but I switched off.

It called award bait
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It called award bait

Yeah, I was just thinking is she going for Sony Gold with this? LMAO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It called award bait

How long's this saga been going. Two, three years??? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/webcam/videocam/

5live at 20 now on air god i can remeber every single news event that has happened

this is just a mix of all things that happened over 20yrs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long's this saga been going. Two, three years??? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Too long. VD puts on her best social worker voice and we all suffer.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    My favourite all time presenter on 5 Live was Fi Glover.

Didn't Queen Vic pinch her husband?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5live at 20 is just a compliation of all things that has happened over 20yrs god i remember all those things
    good times and so much news why cant people just stand still and have no news
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too long. VD puts on her best social worker voice and we all suffer.

It's absolutely unbearable. And it's not as if this doctor woman was a really bad case.

She was a drunk, yes, but I think her addiction was wine and lager.

At our help centre, we had people in there who were on a full bottle of vodka for breakfast. :o

Some on 2 bottles of vodka a day. We had a female solicitor aged just 29 who used to drink a bottle of whiskey throughout her day.:o

All of whom had beaten the booze.
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    My favourite all time presenter on 5 Live was Fi Glover.

Didn't Queen Vic pinch her husband?

I second that especially in the evening slot, also liked Matthew Banister.

Don't mention VD's partner on here or our posts will disappear again ;-)
  • snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is no one one going to mention the story about the deaf woman who heard for the first time? I thought that was the very epitome of an uplifting story - great radio I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence but Shelagh Fogarty is getting as big as Hattie Jacques. :eek:
  • RinkenderRinkender Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Nicky Campbell, quick witted, intelligent and funny, what's not to like
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is she the one that was in Total Recall? Shelagh, not Hattie. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second that especially in the evening slot, also liked Matthew Banister.

Don't mention VD's partner on here or our posts will disappear again ;-)
    Speaking of NC, VD and FG here are two 5 Live highlights that you can guarantee will never be re-broadcast.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/apr/04/bbc.radio

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/apr/05/broadcasting.bbc

I was listening both mornings and couldn't believe what i was hearing :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she is still fat and single but she is decent on radio

also drive should be good today with allan and garvey hoping for a big birthday bash with balloons and party
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The programme schedules for Monday 28 March 1994 have been posted at the 5 Live Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/5live/photos/a.260441551107.140134.8251776107/10152314015716108/?type=1&theater

The line-up was:

5.00am Morning Reports (Jane Garvey)
    6.00 The Breakfast programme (Peter Allen)
    8.35 The Magazine (Diana Madill)
    12.00pm Midday With Mair (Eddie Mair)
    2.00 Ruscoe On Five (Sybil Ruscoe)
    4.00 John Inverdale Nationwide
    7.00 News Extra
    7.35 Good For A Quote (Pat Murphy)
    8.00 Champion Sport (Jon Champion with live football)
    10.00 News Talk (Niall Dickson)
    11.00 Night Extra
    12.00 The Other Side Of Midnight (Tim Grundy)
    2.00am Up All Night (Rhod Sharp)
This discussion has been closed.