Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour | Channel 4 | 5pm

Comments

• Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    ^ Love Catherine Tate's 'Nan' character! She's great.

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really like Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour, and have been enjoying it throughout the week. :o If anything, I've enjoyed it more and more as the week's gone on.

I liked the mutual dislike between Lois and Matt, and how cheesed off Cherie (sp?) seemed to be during the week. Her face when she realised she had to stay in the tent with Ninette after losing the downgrade challenge was a picture. She could barely speak!

I can fully understand why people feel this doesn't quite have the same punch as CT with the lack of the voting-off at the end and all the tension this can create on CT. But I still (really) like it! Maybe that's just me. :p
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been away since Tuesday and missed most of this week's show!

Will try and catch up over the weekend - although, reading the reviews on here and on FB, I may not bother!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been away since Tuesday and missed most of this week's show!

Will try and catch up over the weekend - although, reading the reviews on here and on FB, I may not bother!

How was Amsterdam?

I haven't watched any of this so far, ANOTHER death in the family, so have been a bit busy!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How was Amsterdam?

I haven't watched any of this so far, ANOTHER death in the family, so have been a bit busy!

Amsterdam was fab! :)

Sorry to hear your sad news
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even my series record seemed to take agin it - two failed recordings! I wasn't keen on Monday's as I needed to know more about the contestants to care about what happened to them. The voiceover was too fast - she gabbled. Poor Brendan did his best, but I found it dull.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even my series record seemed to take agin it - two failed recordings! I wasn't keen on Monday's as I needed to know more about the contestants to care about what happened to them. The voiceover was too fast - she gabbled. Poor Brendan did his best, but I found it dull.

Going off topic a little, I got two failed recordings on it as well! Wednesday and Thursday. I just thought my box was dying..
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly Coach Trip has now been cancelled by ch4, this latest effort of a show by ch4 is its replacement, in my opinion its another good tv show/format ruined by ch4. Think 4 Rooms, as another example, Tamara anyone? Brendan's Love Boat will also air later this year or next, channel unspecified.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up with Thursday's & Friday's episodes this weekend, really enjoyed their tour thing lol :D

Am watching Coach Trip, thank god for 4OD keeping old series <3

Should be sleeping though :o
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as good as Coach Trip but I'm still enjoying it.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just noticed this was on, bet they were peed off that "Pointless" had grabbed the title they wanted.:yawn:
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    If they bring back CT they have to change the rules. The last series was a farce. The newbies never had a chance :mad:

I agree, they should have kept CT, but tweaked the rules as the old lot always voting off newbies was getting monotonous.
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Only just noticed this was on, bet they were peed off that "Pointless" had grabbed the title they wanted.:yawn:

LOL my thoughts exactly. It's as if they've taken CT and tried to pinch the task part of Big Brother to reward or punish the contestants...on a budget:mad:
  • 6262 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know Sam's surname or the name he models under?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind this. The terror on their faces when they are downgraded is hilarious. Put them in a hotel where they are easily robbed i say
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Sorry Brenden, I love you!, but you have been set up by the new head of C4 daytime. I've tried to watch a few episodes but it does not work. A combination of poor production values and putting you against Winbeldon.
    Why in earth the head of C4 daytime thinks we need to cook against Jamie or Gordon, or need another quiz with Davina???? What is needed is a trip on the coach....
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly Coach Trip has now been cancelled by ch4.. .

Loved CT and never missed an episode.
    Was really looking forward to this as I wrongly assumed it was CT format but visiting Mexico, Jamaica etc.
    Have been away with work and came home to two weeks episodes, sad to say, its crap.
    Whatever was Brendan thinking.
    Seems most CT fans I know are similarly disappointed. :cry:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it in Cancun this week?
  • PakamackPakamack Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Hello campers,old and new.I've been on holiday so only seen the first week of this,not too impressed. I didn't expect it to be like Coach Trip,but...it's just underwhelming,it's all about the tasks,there's no spark.I'll watch last week's and then decide whether or not to cancel my series link!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    This programme is Pants! Boo! Get a grip CH4 & give us what we want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I'll give you a clue Pakamack. Every night 2 contestants stayed in budget accomodation & 2 stayed in a Luxury hotel with the crew that thought up the show.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped watching. What annoys me is that channel 4 will probably see the low ratings and think the public don't want this or Coach Trip back... Can't win.
    Forum Member
    jacobyte wrote: »
    I'll give you a clue Pakamack. Every night 2 contestants stayed in budget accomodation & 2 stayed in a Luxury hotel with the crew that thought up the show.

Thanks,jacobyte, I had grasped that,even in my most senior moment,lol, I just find the whole thing boring. I would like to see more of the other contestants, and the places they were staying. Just my opinion,though.
    Forum Member
    Hello again,I've caught up now,took a while,but I stuck with it! I thought the Cancun week was the best up to now,but I'm still struggling with it,to be honest. I don't like to compare it to Coach Trip,as it is a completely different programme,but I notice we still have the catch ups at the start, I would prefer to see more of the contestants as a whole group,more interaction. Hopefully,the powers that be at C4 will be aware of this,and the FB thread,and realise that CT was a better showcase of Brendan's talents,and bring it back out of hibernation. Funnily enough, I don't mind the presenter...but anyone is better than Dave Vitty! :)
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice shot of a boat during the start of part two with UFUK written on it. :D
  • David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I loved CT but hated this and gave up after week 1. Seems strange its over so soon or has it been pulled by CH4?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved CT but hated this and gave up after week 1. Seems strange its over so soon or has it been pulled by CH4?

Hopefully.