Samsung Series 6 TV Not Updating Software

Hi all,

Was hoping someone could help. I've got a samsung series 6 tv, I've tried updating the software because I believe it should now have more apps than it originally shipped with (only just got round to buying the equipment to hook it up *blush*), it says no update is available!!

I know from reading around on the internet there should be, any idea how to force it, or otherwise manually add more apps?

Comments

• evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Why don't you install the update via USB? Link: http://knowhow.com/article.dhtml?articleReference=890
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to get the software from the samsung site and update by USB. The update via network cable/wireless won't update (as I discovered last night).
    Web page only seems to work with IE.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had demand 5 auto installed, it won't work as it requires a firmware update, but Samsung say:
    "Unfortunately although you may be able to see the app on the Smart Hub I am afraid that there has not been any firmware released that will allow the TV to support it yet. We have not been informed when this may be released and as such I would advise that you keep an eye on the website for any future releases."

Great, provide a new app but no way to use it :rolleyes:

And when I filled in the complaint form there are only 255 characters allowable, so they don't want to know.
  • es6300es6300 Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Latest firmware 001032 on my es6300
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an older series 6 (D6530) and I check for firmware updates once a month and got one about 2 weeks ago (if that). Not sure what it was for though.