Mr Denise Welch aka Lincoln Townley has become an artist, do you like his paintings?

whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
Forum Member
The last time I looked at his twitter he was selling himself as celeb publicist/agent type guru. Now he lists artist & writer too:D Good on him for being brave and putting his work out there. It's not my cup of tea but what do you think of his pictures, does he show budding talent?

https://twitter.com/LincolnTownley

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was just a p*ss artist.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Lincoln, despite Tweeting a picture of that book, a five year old could have done that.

I don't think the Royal Academy will be knocking anytime soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was just a p*ss artist.
    Try Con Artist ...........
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the first pic looks like Gordon Brown
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think much of them, wonder if he was sober when he did them :D
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that painting meant to be Denise? :eek:

If so, then Mr Welch got her right down to a tee...:D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well let say if was applying to go to art school and submitted that he would get a letter saying No
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence but a lot of what passes as art is mostly shite anyway, so he can be up there with the rest of them.

Someone could be sick on a blank canvas and some moronic critic hails it as the greatest thing on earth and that's all it takes. Within a few months someone has it hanging on their wall and has paid thousands for it.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    No offence but a lot of what passes as art is mostly shite anyway, so he can be up there with the rest of them.

Someone could be sick on a blank canvas and some moronic critic hails it as the greatest thing on earth and that's all it takes. Within a few months someone has it hanging on their wall and has paid thousands for it.

Agreed. Look at Tracey Emin for example.

She got paid sh*tloads by Charles Saatchi for her 'art' work.

I say 'art' as it's mostly to do with her patchwork hangings. They have nothing to do with art because I see them as needlework, simply that's it.

Plus her drawings look like 'doodles' to me as well.

:eek::mad:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    The last time I looked at his twitter he was selling himself as celeb publicist/agent type guru. Now he lists artist & writer too:D Good on him for being brave and putting his work out there. It's not my cup of tea but what do you think of his pictures, does he show budding talent?

https://twitter.com/LincolnTownley

Budding arm-chancing more like. ;) But, you know, as Scone says, it's no worse than countless other pieces proclaiming themselves as 'art', currently sitting in galleries across the universe with £50k and upwards tags on them.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just an example but here is

Pablo Picasso's self portrait

And here is One I done

I don't claim to be a painter and I knocked this up in a childish way in five minutes, yet if I had been Pablo Picasso, people would be raving about the shite I had just painted. Yet apart from a couple of lines and a bit of shading they are equally crap. Sorry Picasso fans but this is my opinion
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Is that painting meant to be Denise? :eek:

If so, then Mr Welch got her right down to a tee...:D

It's a drunken, blurry mess. Who else could it be? :D
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And here is One I done

I don't claim to be a painter and I knocked this up in a childish way in five minutes, yet if I had been Pablo Picasso, people would be raving about the shite I had just painted. Yet apart from a couple of lines and a bit of shading they are equally crap. Sorry Picasso fans but this is my opinion

Picassos portrait of his mother. And others pre cubism

http://mesosyn.com/pp-e2.jpg

http://mesosyn.com/pp-e1.jpg

http://mesosyn.com/pp-e4.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member

And here is One I done

I really like your painting. It's very expressive.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And here is One I done

No difference Scone....maybe you'll be worth millions in the future ;)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean nobody else has thought of that yet?? :eek::p I'm surprised.

Now just wait for it to happen. Doubtless it'd be hailed as a work of genius.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I thought your picture was pretty good Scone:)

I see Lincoln has started work on a new piece, I shall reserve judgement until the finished article.

Based on the artwork I am looking forward to seeing his writing skills.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest one now up on Twitter is utter shite. It really irritates me how stuff like this can pass off as art. I could be a millionaire by now if I just knew the right people to fawn over it, I could do this sort of thing with both arms tied behind my back. Anyone could.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    incy wincy wrote: »
    The latest one now up on Twitter is utter shite. It really irritates me how stuff like this can pass off as art. I could be a millionaire by now if I just knew the right people to fawn over it, I could do this sort of thing with both arms tied behind my back. Anyone could.

:eek::D
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Lincoln should know;)
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Seems obsessed with wombs to me :confused:
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

there was an episode of Spaced which had a whole exhibition of white canvases :D:D:D