Ulrika Jonsson slating Carol Vorderman in 2005

robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
Forum Member
✭✭✭
anyone remember this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7osGgdK3rs

anyone know if they sorted it out? Met at any event?

Comments

• JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ulrika has always been quite a jealous person. This is why 'celebrities' shouldn't have columns like this. What good do they do, other than keeping Z-listers in the public eye - of course since then we've moved on to much more important people such as Colleen Nolan and Kym Marsh having columns.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I think Ulrika has always been quite a jealous person. This is why 'celebrities' shouldn't have columns like this. What good do they do, other than keeping Z-listers in the public eye - of course since then we've moved on to much more important people such as Colleen Nolan and Kym Marsh having columns.

What sort of 'column' does Marshie have?

Is it all praise to her 'big mate' Anthony Cotton?

I know Noreen Colon has an advice column in the Mirror, which is normally good for a laugh!
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have rumours about Ulrika, the phrase bug chaser is all I will say.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even if she thought it would get readers - surely this oversteps the mark on all levels?
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek::eek::eek: I had to google that. One word, why??

unless I've got the wrong definition :D
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

Either say it or don't bother.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: I had to google that.

Me too :o then :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    ok i googled it too- :eek::eek:

why would you???
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you think it's ok to accuse her of this on the basis of rumours?
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a pretty low thing she said about Carol. :(
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stuck up for Ulrika in the past but I remember that and it was a nasty thing to write. Vorders has taken some flak in her time but she always seems to come out smiling and with her chin up. Kathryn Apanowicz, Richard's partner used to be on TV a fair bit but seems to have settled for a quieter life and obviously Carol was the first person the media turned to for comments about his death. If it was okay for Kathryn for Carol to 'front' the comments and reflections, then it is nobody else's business and she was clearly devastated when he died so unexpectedly. Much as I wasn't a fan of Whiteley, they were clearly always great friends. I think she handled the interview with Frank Skinner really well, here.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of either of them but Ulrika is nothing but a sh!tstirring, spiteful, desperate has-been and CV wipes the floor with her in the intelligence stakes. RW and CV were close friends and colleagues for over 20 years and CV knew him for much longer than his partner did...something Ulrika can only dream of.:rolleyes: And where the hell is bitter Ulrika now? B!tch.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

Seems a bit of a random rumour.

Here's a link to the definition by the way, I wont post the actual meaning:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bug+chaser
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

seems unlikely when she has kids etc
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think shes a bug chaser.(scary thought if people actually do this) I do think john leslie was treated as a scapegoat for his drugs/kinky sex life. Doesnt surprise me how she was rude about vorders.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the vid ~ has Vorderman admitted to a boob job?? :confused:
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think richard carol and his partner obviously had a close friendship and in a truly devastating episode of her life allowed carol to do all the media stuff.
    Its been years since he died and ive not read/found anything that his partner is angry at carol for voicing the fact she misses him. If anything carols remembering him always which the upmost fondness.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a bitchy thing to say about anyone.
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think shes a bug chaser.(scary thought if people actually do this) I do think john leslie was treated as a scapegoat for his drugs/kinky sex life. Doesnt surprise me how she was rude about vorders.

No I heard she was doing this after she had the kids. This is why she is so gaunt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: I had to google that. One word, why??

unless I've got the wrong definition :D

Sometimes when I learn something new on the internet, I really wish I hadn't. :o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ulrika did write that, that's disgraceful! It's like she really disliked Carol back then. Unless Ulrika's changed these days.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Can't believe so many people didn't know what bug chasing was without googling it, so many guys in the seedy gay scene want the gift
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Maybe not everyone hangs around the "seedy gay scene" :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Thank goodness for Google. Never heard of that phrase before...people actually do that??. :eek:
    Ulrika is such a bitch. She certainly doesn't seem to have many friends in the industry.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would a mother of four (who, whatever else her failings does love her kids) deliberately want to give herself such a terrible condition? This is where I really get hacked off with showbiz rumours. They can be very poisonous. Personally, I think she might have an eating disorder which might explain her being so thin (she ballooned during one of her pregnancies when she broke her leg and was immobile and hated it). That might be a more reasonable explanation. She has also admitted having severe back problems which mean she is in a lot of pain sometimes. Whether this is true or not, I just can't get my head around why people would think that she's trying to contract HIV. She might be insecure and she might have said something particularly spiteful re: Vorders but that's perhaps a leap too far.