Bill Ward (Charlie from COrrie) is so different in real life!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just saw him on the soap awards. He sounds completely different, posh like and with a deeper voice. He also acts very different. He really should have won best actor.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I agree. I didn't realise he was so different in real life, although I'd guessed he probably didn't go around cheating and scheming all the time, but you know what I mean :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill Ward is lovely! He's really shy bless him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing about his deep voice. :eek: Shows how much effort he puts into the role (or should I say did put in!)

The man is sooo gorgeous! He is so modest and seems like a really lovely guy! Bill I love you!!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bill is so nice! Sounds different too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His voice is very different than Charlie's was. He sounds a very nice man.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was lovely looking tonight very handsome and his wee smile it was like he was slightly embarrassed or even shy maybe?
  • Laura.CLaura.C Posts: 11,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was really surprised at how different he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags31 wrote: »
    he was lovely looking tonight very handsome and his wee smile it was like he was slightly embarrassed or even shy maybe?

Yeah he is very shy he said once that he gets so nervous at times. He's really nice :D:o
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's bloody drop dead gorgeous - that's what he is, and I hope we see him back on our screens soon :cool:

He's been on GMTV a couple of times and he could not be more different from Charlie :)
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    The man oozes sex appeal
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I would hardly call him posh, just pronounces this words properly unlike half the ex-Sylvia Young youngsters and their 'nuffink about nuffink' sloppy pronuciation.

bill is a lovely chap. I saw him in Islington once, much shorter than you would imagine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup he does sound very different, not incredibly posh- probably sounds posh to us coz in soaps they all talk with an accent! Pam St Clements is quite posh too though! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    his voice didn't sound like him at all...it was so weird!
  • goldenfingergoldenfinger Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sounds completely different, posh like and with a deeper voice. He also acts very different. He really should have won best actor.

Either you or my colleague are telepathic. She just came through to my section and were discussing the soap awards and said the exact same thing about Bill Ward

I thought he sounded different as well.
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless him! He's so shy! Adorable! Such a nice guy. Seeing him last night as his real self just goes to show what an incredible actor he is, being able to pull of someone as evil and confident as Charlie Stubbs.

Funny how the actors who play the most evil characters often end up being the most friendliest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I started a thread recentley about the acting talents of Bill Ward. Sounded like a very nice bloke last night - I'm pleased that he won couple of awards - throroughly deserved! For me, Charlie Stubbs is possibly the greatest soap character of recent years.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is very different from his on-screen persona - that's the sign of a real actor. It's a shame he hasn't been rewarded for his work sooner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I didn't have any feelings one way or the other about 'Charlie Stubbs' but after the soap awards, I agree Bill Ward is really very sexy and has a lovely voice!