Systemguard Limited??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
Forum Member
HELP!!!

Has anyone else come across this company?

They rang me this afternoon and they offered 15 months warranty and call out of my Sky boxes for £89. Stupidly I signed up without checking them out. I'm worried that they will either by rubbish or worse (empty my bank account).

Any ideas?

Kieron.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Well this is on their web site:-

'Definition of our Repair plan:

Our repair plans are not binding contracts. They are agreements that last for one calendar month and your application to us for a repair plan is your permission to us to automatically renew your agreement every month until further notice from you. We do not supply weekly, quarterly or yearly agreements although you may choose to pay for any amount of months in advance (which is why, for convenience, we may have included advance payment options of 3 months and 12 months on our application forms). Any advance payments for months that have not elapsed or partially elapsed are fully refundable. Our agreements are not credit agreements and there is no interest to pay with any of our payment options'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your contract with them and receive a full refund, but you must contact them in writing within 7 days of ordering the service. Usually, you have a problem if you have agreed to begin cover with immediate effect, as this normally ends your right to cancel.

However, their T&C also state...
    D: Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you may cancel the plan by giving notice in writing at any time up to and including the eighth working day (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) after you receive the plan document which is assumed delivered within six days of your order. Cancellation after this fourteen day period will incur a standard administration fee of £10.00. If you have received a service under this plan we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for the direct costs we have incurred in providing the services you have received.

...so if you cancel immediately, you should be okay. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Thanks

Are they a reputable company?

On their site they do offer a 15 month package, so maybe I've not been conned.

And finally, are they any good? :o

What a plank I am :eek:
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,328
    Forum Member
    kmoorman wrote: »
    Thanks

Are they a reputable company?

On their site they do offer a 15 month package, so maybe I've not been conned.

And finally, are they any good? :o

What a plank I am :eek:

No honest company would be ringing round trying to sell you satellite insurance - so I would suggest they aren't a reputable company - there are a LOT of crooks doing this, and Sky have took some of them to court and won.
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone.

So, how do I cancel? The phone number they give 08452 602320 - had an answer message at 4pm today saying it was outside office hours...

Kieron.
  • Toilet-DuckToilet-Duck Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They rang me up on Thursday at 6pm also offering me free insurance for 12 months, all they wanted were my details and bank details.

I laughed and but the phone down :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    If only I had done the same :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you must contact them in writing within 7 days of ordering the service
    kmoorman wrote: »
    So, how do I cancel?

Duh! :rolleyes:

How about:

Date + address

Dear Systemguard,

I hereby assert my right to cancel contract number (insert number).

Please confirm acceptance of my cancellation within 7 days and refund any monies paid.

Yours faithfully.

Name
    (signature).

No need to include a reason.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd suggest if posting, use recorded delivery/signed for delivery plus phone them (get name of person you speak to)
    Forum Member
    Duh! :rolleyes:

How about:

Date + address

Dear Systemguard,

I hereby assert my right to cancel contract number (insert number).

Please confirm acceptance of my cancellation within 7 days and refund any monies paid.

Yours faithfully.

Name
    (signature).

No need to include a reason.

Will do - I don't have a contract number yet - I'm sure I will have very soon though.
  • apt58apt58 Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    No honest company would be ringing round trying to sell you satellite insurance - so I would suggest they aren't a reputable company - there are a LOT of crooks doing this, and Sky have took some of them to court and won.

so how do they know you've got sky+ unless sky sold them the info?
    Forum Member
    apt58 wrote: »
    so how do they know you've got sky+ unless sky sold them the info?

Mostly they just 'cold call', the massive sales of Sky digital means they are going to hit lucky pretty frequently. We get lots of people coming in our shop saying they have been rung about insurance on a Sky box they don't have.

It's like a magic trick, or a fortune teller, you get the customer to tell YOU, whilst giving them the impression that you are telling THEM.

I've had loads of calls over the years, they all start the same "we understand your Sky box guarantee is about to run out" - 'no it's not, it's seven years old' - "sorry sir, our records must be wrong, would you like to take an extended warranty out on it?" - 'no, p*ss off!'.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    've had loads of calls over the years, they all start the same "we understand your Sky box guarantee is about to run out" - 'no it's not, it's seven years old' - "sorry sir, our records must be wrong, would you like to take an extended warranty out on it?" - 'no, p*ss off!'.

We had two calls last week (not for systemguard) for a box that is over 3 years old and is in the shed unused due to us upgrading. Their details are so far out of date that I'd never trust they can provide a proper service.
    Forum Member
    anniebrion wrote: »
    We had two calls last week (not for systemguard) for a box that is over 3 years old and is in the shed unused due to us upgrading. Their details are so far out of date that I'd never trust they can provide a proper service.

That's the point, they don't have any 'details', they are just cold calling hoping to strike it lucky.
    Forum Member
    Well in this case they did have my old postcode from about 5 years ago - so I guess they purchased a block of old sky customer details.
  • AlanH_UKAlanH_UK Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Just got these idiots on the line. It sounds like a clone of Satellite Direct as seen on Watchdog.

What gets me is that this bunch of losers send all your data to India and call you from there. Twits.