BB:USA hit by racism, homophobia and sexism controversy.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
Forum Member
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/usa/news/0702/big-brother-15-usa-controversy-racism-sexism-homophobia

I watch their live feeds and some of it has really been shocking!

Comments

• kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to catch up on live feeds or do you have to sign up and pay for the CBS deal?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    kate03 wrote: »
    Is there a way to catch up on live feeds or do you have to sign up and pay for the CBS deal?

I'm sure there will be clips on youtube somewhere lol
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be clips on youtube somewhere lol

Cheers. Will need to have a look :)
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You put this in the wrong forum, take it to the yank BB forum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This part isn't true.
    Elsewhere, Kaitlyn used the ‘n’ word in reference to black houseguests Spencer and Candice, while David moaned about his sheets being ‘dirty’ because the latter had touched them.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/usa/news/0702/big-brother-15-usa-controversy-racism-sexism-homophobia#ixzz2XrKxhGib

She almost said the 'n' word, but as a synonym for "dude" - not actually in reference to anyone. And Spencer is not black lmfao.

But yeah, everything else is true.
  • Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not at all surprised the one from San Marcos TX was one of the ones making racist comments. I'm American and this is why I watch BBUK. The American version (like every American version of foreign shows) is total garbage and not worth watching at all.
  • BelindaJBelindaJ Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    race card again?
  • GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old US of A first amendment guarantees Freedom of speech :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    BelindaJ wrote: »
    race card again?

Oh like the article wasnt enough proof for you :rolleyes:
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kermit The **** :o:o:o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There'd be instant warnings if that was said over here. Big Brother over there seems to be more relaxed than ours. In fact, I'm not even sure that they'd allow this to be broadcast in ours. That's pretty harsh stuff. There'd be a flood of complaints if this was said in our Big Brother.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BelindaJ wrote: »
    race card again?

If that's not what you'd call racism I don't know what is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This lowers my view of American culture.
  • Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This lowers my view of American culture.

I don't blame you. My view of American culture is quite low and I'm American. There's a reason many of us here seek out UK shows - they're better and much more intelligent. Most of what passes for entertainment here would make you shake your head in disgust.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think gina changed her nom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    I don't blame you. My view of American culture is quite low and I'm American. There's a reason many of us here seek out UK shows - they're better and much more intelligent. Most of what passes for entertainment here would make you shake your head in disgust.

yeah,. the bloodthirsty mob outside chanting against and booing housemates and their families is the supreme example of intelligence and class. :rolleyes:
    not to mention the uk/aus has had all kinds of issues in the house including racism/sexism/assault, etc
    no one is better than the other, everyone has flaws.
    and big brother certainly doesn't represent a culture (uk/aus/usa or any others) it's a miniscule blip on a greater radar.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtorre wrote: »
    You put this in the wrong forum, take it to the yank BB forum

don't be so rude, you have offended me, how would you like me calling you a limey..
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a reason many of us here seek out UK shows - they're better and much more intelligent. Most of what passes for entertainment here would make you shake your head in disgust.

:rolleyes:

Yes, EastEnders, The Only Way is Essex, and The X Factor are so much more intelligent than Breaking Bad, The Wire, Arrested Development, Mad Men, Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, and Homeland.

This collection of housemates are particularly bad, but it's hardly a random snapshot of America. Some casting director picked all these people out of thousands of options. And even that large pool of candidates are self selected from the type of obnoxious narcissists that would want to be on a show like this. They've managed to have 14 seasons with only a few instances of bigotry, none as widespread as this season, so all this proves is that whoever does their casting did a bad job this year.
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The real scandal is how they are censoring it so most of the audience have no idea it's even going on. They're having the viewers vote on MVP to influence the game, yet it's based on such an artificial edit that doesn't give an clue about whats really happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen this now on another site and I cannot believe some of the things they have said and gotten away with. And if anybody doubts that the comments are racist, and homophobic, then I'm sorry ...but you're also racist and homophobic.

Saying the Asian contestant needs to be serving them some rice, and that some sheets are dirty because 'black Candice' had been on them (and later admitting it was bloody racist) is not freedom of speech either. It's insulting and degrading, and I'm sure they be the first ones complaining if anybody was to treat them in the same way.

I'm seriously gobsmacked they are allowed to continue being on BB after such vile language. All of those quotes are diabolical.

Ugh.
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaryn has been dumped from her modeling company.
    Aaryn, season 15 cast member of Big Brother, revealed prejudices and other beliefs that we (Zephyr Talent) do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Aaryn on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by Aaryn, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are hers alone and do not represent the views or opinions of Zephyr Talent. Upon much consideration, we have decided to release Aaryn from her contract with Zephyr Talent.

https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrTalent