Kate Bush to do live shows in London later this year!!!!

Comments

• dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased for you fans of hers, read a lot about her reluctance to do live shows, must be so exciting. :)
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Went weak at the knees when I read this on her website, without a doubt the greatest female singer and performer to come from here and perhaps could show the selfie stars of today (Miley/Gaga/Rihanna) how its done and give them some inspiration or in the case of Madonna, how to mature gracefully. I dread the thought of the task of purchasing tickets, she's easily going to be more in demand and have more interest here than Beyonce/Gaga by quite some distance.

The pic of her on DS and this promo pic was taken this year, she looks phenomenal.
  • shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because no other country gives their captial city any importance ever, no Sir. The chip so many on DS have on their shoulder towards London is unbelievable. Where is that rolling eye smilie when you need it?

Not really the place for this argument, and of course you would expect the capital city to be given importance, but I would argue that there is no major country in which so much of the wealth, jobs and the major events centre around the capital than here in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to love the morons on Facebook, here, and elsewhere who are being Debbie/Donny Downers and saying Kate's only doing these shows for the money or finding some other reason to be as negative about this news as possible, or having a go about her looks or being past it.

Frankly, I don't give a crap why she's doing this. All I know is it's made me and maybe millions of people absolutely thrilled. Hopefully Kate will take far more notice of that than the losers making idiot and ignorant comments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shankly123 wrote: »
    Not really the place for this argument, and of course you would expect the capital city to be given importance, but I would argue that there is no major country in which so much of the wealth, jobs and the major events centre around the capital than here in the UK.

Tell that to the person who started it.

Anyway, all the London envy I see is really pathetic I think. It seems to be especially bad on these forums - and often from people who have probably never set foot there.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    Names and photos on tickets would sort 'em out. Hopefully she'll enjoy the shows and come up north at some point.

But there has to be a re-sale mechanism in place to do that and currently there isn't. Anyone buying a ticket for this tour now who suddenly finds they can't go is buggered.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    You have to go back in time to before 1st of March this year and sign up at katebush.com.

Yes. :D It was with joy that I received my code. The good news is that it entitles me and anyone else with their own code to get a chance at tickets for our preferred date, but only a chance. What it does not do, sadly, is guarantee code uses a ticket... any kind of ticket. But, it's an edge, and with demand as high as I anticipate it will be, I'm grateful for that much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people persist in calling this a tour. It's a residency.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow...unbelievable :D

If unsuccesful in acquiring a ticket, I will be available for any personal services to kind donor :p
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell that to the person who started it.

Anyway, all the London envy I see is really pathetic I think. It seems to be especially bad on these forums - and often from people who have probably never set foot there.

Trying telling it to bookers and event managers who think the UK begins and ends with London......or at the very least England.

Unless you live away from the South of England you have no idea how lucky you are that everything is in an okay distance, if your having to travel from one end of the country it's annoying factor in expenses and it's like seriously does the rest of the UK not exist.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Trying telling it to bookers and event managers who think the UK begins and ends with London......or at the very least England.

She doesn't like 'touring'...and that's fair enough I say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    She doesn't like 'touring'...and that's fair enough I say

I'm not saying tour but a date or two in other parts of the country would give more people an opportunity to see her.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be primed and ready on Wednesday, I don't care if I get a crap seat near the back. This is the one thing I always hoped but never dreamed I would ever witness.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying tour but a date or two in other parts of the country would give more people an opportunity to see her.

She has barely performed for 35 years, I imagine the comfort of it all being in one place is a big thing for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen today's Daily Mail article about Kate? That rag can't get any lower.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has barely performed for 35 years, I imagine the comfort of it all being in one place is a big thing for her.

This.

I think people should be patient and see how these concerts go. If they're a success then maybe she'll branch out if there is a next time. I do feel for people who have to travel far or just can't get there, I truly do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

I think people should be patient and see how these concerts go. If they're a success then maybe she'll branch out if there is a next time. I do feel for people who have to travel far or just can't get there, I truly do.

I'm not saying a 40 date tour of the entire United Kingdom, but just a Date in Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, just the one for those unable to travel. Is it such an unfair demand.

And saying wait and see if she tours again some people don't have another 35 years as much as I love Kate she is unpredictable.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen today's Daily Mail article about Kate? That rag can't get any lower.

I thought you'd be pleased with it, it does after all state that she's doing a residency, which apparently is very important.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    I thought you'd be pleased with it, it does after all state that she's doing a residency, which apparently is very important.....

What on earth was wrong with my post pointing out she was doing a residency? Getting facts right is important. People will get disappointed if they think it's a full on tour when it's not.

I can't believe how personally some take things on here, and how much of a snit they get in about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying a 40 date tour of the entire United Kingdom, but just a Date in Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, just the one for those unable to travel. Is it such an unfair demand.

And saying wait and see if she tours again some people don't have another 35 years as much as I love Kate she is unpredictable.

I understand your points. I guess I'm just so stunned and delighted she's performing in any way, shape or form has caused me to overlook real heartache people who can't travel feel, for which I apologise as I too would be devastated if in that position.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how personally some take things on here, and how much of a snit they get in about it.

And yet you are the one calling other posters "morons"......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    And yet you are the one calling other posters "morons"......

When they're spouting rubbish about Kate being a money grabber or "past it", you bet.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tempted to try and get tickets but am worried that it'll spoil the memories of seeing her live in 79
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says who? Judging from the excitement this news has generated you are in a tiny minority.

There are always die hard fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand your points. I guess I'm just so stunned and delighted she's performing in any way, shape or form has caused me to overlook real heartache people who can't travel feel, for which I apologise as I too would be devastated if in that position.

Don't worry I'm the shame sheer excitement and joy but on the other hand slight annoyance but 15 dates is more than can be asked from the enigmatic Miss. Bush :).

And also having only been a fan since 2007 when I was sixteen I also feel I have less right to complain against longer term fans who waited 12 years and the rest between albums and a long 35 years, those I want to have the tickets :).