You're Next

PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really like the trailer for this and Its released August 23rd, anyone else interested in seeing this?
Trailer
Rotten Tomato

Comments

• ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like another home invasion horror. After Funny Games, The Strangers, The Purge, it's all a bit much. May check it out though, but sure it won't be a comfortable watch.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    Looks like another home invasion horror. After Funny Games, The Strangers, The Purge, it's all a bit much. May check it out though, but sure it won't be a comfortable watch.

I agree and i slated The Conjuring because of the Haunted House scenario being overused, however the trailer to this film intrigued me much more than the one for The Conjuring.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Got tickets to see this at a preview screening on 20 August.

Liked the trailer and the Rotten Tomatoes reviews look good.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen it yet?
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Cant wait to see this, great reviews so far!!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does look good. Hope its better than the recent slasher type horror films
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that I enjoyed this film.

It us frar fetched, but it's enjoyable & tense enough.

PS: I see it was made in 2011; where has it been for the last 2 years?:confused:
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS: I see it was made in 2011; where has it been for the last 2 years?:confused:

In Lionsgate's vault while two British-French production companies were sorting themselves out, which affected some films including You're Next.

So yeah, quite a few 2009-2011 films under HanWay have been postponed to 2012 or 2013 including You're Next, 13 Assassins, Seven Psychopaths, Shame, Great Expectations, etc. 13 Assassins was completed in (I think) 2009, but wasn't released until mid 2011.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen it yet?
    I have and I enjoyed it. It was fairly by-the-book slaughtering right up to the twist.

7/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    In Lionsgate's vault while two British-French production companies were sorting themselves out, which affected some films including You're Next.

So yeah, quite a few 2009-2011 films under HanWay have been postponed to 2012 or 2013 including You're Next, 13 Assassins, Seven Psychopaths, Shame, Great Expectations, etc. 13 Assassins was completed in (I think) 2009, but wasn't released until mid 2011.

Thank you for that.;)
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this today, i thought it was good my partner less so. His comment was "no real storyline until the last 25 minutes", I disagreed.

I thought the main girl was very entertaining and one death in particular was quite imaginative. It also wasn't as gory as i thought it would be and I was glad it wasn't a film like saw or hostel which are sometimes a bit too uncomfortable for me to watch (I had to turn off Hostel 2).

Good film and worth seeing.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite my earlier misgivings, I absolutely LOVED this film. Yes, there were familiar staples of the home invasion thrillers of recent years, but the dysfunctional family setting and black humour running throughout, gave this a little something extra. The violence was appropriate, some genuine shocks and the main girl (think it was Erin) was brilliant - not someone you'd want to mess with.

Great soundtrack too, some good visual touches to help disorient the viewer (camera flash) and a nice twist for the third act. But this film belongs to one character, without giving too much away. One of the year's highlights for me and a deffo for my bluray collection.

Rating - 5/5. Brilliant.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it tonight. I thought it was OK. Lots of comedy in it which was needed.