Kimberley Walsh and Nadine Coyle

BeakerangeBeakerange Posts: 20
Forum Member
Read with interest about Kimberley not wishing Nadine good Luck.
Everyone is always on about Cheryl ignoring her etc etc but as I've been an "interested fan" since the early days I find it more curious that Kimberley is no longer Nadine's friend (or vice versa) as in the early days they were inseparable.
Is she in Cheryl's camp now becasue she is so famous????

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley wrote about Nadine in her OK column a few weeks ago, wishing her well on her engagement, saying how happy she was for her etc...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Why does she need to be pigeonholed into any 'camp'? Perhaps her relationship with Nadine is a separate issue?
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it only Nicola who has actually got in touch with Nadine to wish her well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a mag interview with heat Nadine said that she got along best with Sarah (which she's always said) and Nicola.

I think things had been frosty between Kimberley and Nadine while they were still together, there were a couple of little things picked up on camera, like this at 9:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DMyWov_1E Kimberley had picked up loads of freebies and Nadine comments 'You try and keep a Bradford girl away from free things' , the camera pans to Kimberley looking narked, then switches straight into a cheesy smile when she sees the camera:D You couldn't really blame her for not appreciating Nadines comment, but it's not often the public mask slipped with those five!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    In a mag interview with heat Nadine said that she got along best with Sarah (which she's always said) and Nicola.

I think things had been frosty between Kimberley and Nadine while they were still together, there were a couple of little things picked up on camera, like this at 9:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DMyWov_1E Kimberley had picked up loads of freebies and Nadine comments 'You try and keep a Bradford girl away from free things' , the camera pans to Kimberley looking narked, then switches straight into a cheesy smile when she sees the camera:D You couldn't really blame her for not appreciating Nadines comment, but it's not often the public mask slipped with those five!

^ At that video at 3:09 - how rude is Cheryl there :eek:
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lins_81 wrote: »
    Kimberley wrote about Nadine in her OK column a few weeks ago, wishing her well on her engagement, saying how happy she was for her etc...:confused:

Yeah but did she actually bother take a few seconds to Call, text or even email Nadine on a one to one basis.

You know - the sort of thing you do when a friend gets engaged. :)

Not that Nadine seems to know how a use a phone either if the stories are to be believed :)
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    ^ At that video at 3:09 - how rude is Cheryl there :eek:

I really think you are clutching at straws to find something to moan about Cheryl.

It was simply two friends having their photo taken with a load of men, when Cheryl simply pushes her friend away in a jokey fashion to have a photo taken on her own, hardly rude or anything of the sort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember them being really close, but friendships do change... people grow apart.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think things had been frosty between Kimberley and Nadine while they were still together, there were a couple of little things picked up on camera, like this at 9:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DMyWov_1E Kimberley had picked up loads of freebies and Nadine comments 'You try and keep a Bradford girl away from free things' , the camera pans to Kimberley looking narked, then switches straight into a cheesy smile when she sees the camera:D

When I look at that, it doesn't even look like Kimberely is in ear-shot?? That's what it looks like to me anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I look at that, it doesn't even look like Kimberely is in ear-shot?? That's what it looks like to me anyway!

You have a point. It looks like Kim, Cheryl and Nicola are sitting on a sofa behind the table where Sarah and Nadine are standing but it could be the way they edited it.

Though I do remember right before they performed Can't Speak French on T4 Cheryl was glaring at Nadine while Steve Jones was talking to camera, seemed to be really giving her evils, then when she noticed the camera was on her she instantly switched on a massive smile. I think it will be interesting to see who puts out the first real tell-all book first, who hates who. For my money I think it will be Sarah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to like Kimberley but I've really gone off lately. I don't know why on earth she would publicly declare that she didn't wish Nadine good luck, its such a bizarre admission, almost like "yes I'm cold and yes I don't like Nadine."

I also just don't like the way that Cheryl and Co seem to be playground bullies excluding Nadine. Kimberley has explicitly insinuated in the past that Nadine was the one holding GA up and Cheryl has always been tight lipped on the issue of GA reforming but she seems to have chosen the time that Nadine's career is going tits up to declare that she wants GA to get back together. I also didn't like the way that Cheryl's PR team released that picture on twitter of the four girls backstage at X-Factor minus Nadine. They knew what kind of storylines that picture would generate and the fact that it would make Nadine look bad.

Finally, I don't know why the press keep on banging on about Nadine's Tesco deal in such a negative way- at least she hasn't resorted to being an OK columnist and jewellery line creator for Argos like Kimberley.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I like how Nicola seems to be the only one who is friends with every member.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Nadine and Kimberley were on Popstars: the Rivals together these two were best friends! It's a shame that it's all gone belly up :(!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Yeah but did she actually bother take a few seconds to Call, text or even email Nadine on a one to one basis.

You know - the sort of thing you do when a friend gets engaged. :)

Not that Nadine seems to know how a use a phone either if the stories are to be believed :)

I've no idea, None of us do :confused:
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should kiss and make-up. Preferably in stockings and suspenders on a webcam.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimbadine were awesome <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there were a couple of little things picked up on camera, like this at 9:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DMyWov_1E

I loved the faces Kimberley, Nicola and Cheryl were making. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    Finally, I don't know why the press keep on banging on about Nadine's Tesco deal in such a negative way- at least she hasn't resorted to being an OK columnist and jewellery line creator for Argos like Kimberley.

But that isn't all Kimberley resorted to is it? Way to filter out the information that doesn't fit your point. Kimberley had a successful run as the lead to a popular West End show, a runner-up on one of the less trashy TV shows that actually taught her new performance skills and released an album on an actual record label that charted at 18, 29 places higher than Nadine's did. She featured on a Top 10 track for Aggro Santos too. Though the less said about her shitty presenting on Suck My Pop and whatever the heck that Horrid Henry cameo was, the better :p

Nadine's Tesco deal is given negative press because it was just such a terrible business decision and killed her solo career before it even got off the ground. I'm struggling to think of any of the other girls making such a poor decision with regards to their career. The only two that come to find is A) Cheryl & X Factor USA and B) The girls making the decision to break at the peak of the bands popularity.