Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Its a game you can download for free on itunes. I did and got fed up of it cos its so bloody easy. So i got annoyed on fb with a friend who seemed to post every one on there. Whats the point of playing a game like that when every single question you ask on facebook for the answer?
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play that picture game or Candy Crush Saga. What gets me is that even those who are normally very vocal about how they hate Facebook games and getting invites for them are playing them!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Several hours stuck in hell ( A&E) thank god hand is only
    bruised and not broken! Lol"

What is LOL about this? In what way is that funny? She has wasted a fortune in taxpayers money for a ****ing bruise...lol?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I unsubsribed from 2 friends of mine . First one kept giving daily updates on his 'SuperDad' routine, ie Im doing this for the kids/ that for the kids / I love my kids sooo much blah blah all day everyday :rolleyes:

2nd 'friend' feels the need to tell everyone what an amazing life he has, with lots of money , how hard he works and how busy he is socially. Thinks he is some kind of celebrity. Even posted invites for his birthday, created a group and did a gueslist with VIPs . :confused:

Facebook is just a big bragging contest really.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    What's this photo game that's doing the rounds at the moment? This is the fourth person who's posted and said "any idea?" or "any help?"

4pics 1 word

some kind of iphone/ipad app
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having not had the courage to delete my FB account, I have decided to "disengage" from it. I never comment, like, change my profile pics or chat online anymore (since January). It's great; I still go online sometimes to look at the newsfeed, but because I'm not really engaging in it, I'm not as tempted to look. I discovered I was more interested in seeing how people responded to my comments/pictures, and having removed that aspect, I was no longer that interested, egocentric that we all are.

There's a girl I met at a wedding last September and we agreed to keep in touch. Since they, I have suggested various times that we meet up but she always has an excuse. However, every time I go online, she starts chatting. Recently I went online to chat after ages. A chat window immediately popped up from her. I was quite sick of all this online chatting so suggested meeting (again) and she said she was busy until April :eek:. However, she carried on chatting online. This is the kind of "friendship" that Facebook enables. I will not be online chatting with her again.
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who I know put

"just had a Brazilian... ouch"

She didn't clarify whether she meant Brazilian as a noun or adjective but it seemed pretty inappropriate as most of her 15 year old son's friends are included in her friends :eek::eek:
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently I have noticed an increase of people using hashtags in statuses. There's one particular 'friend' who seems to photograph every meal and then uses hashtags such as 'yum' ... I don't understand why :confused:
    Isn't this because people Instagram their pics while using the hashtag and the posts also get posted to FB? I'm guessing it's Instagram because its only purpose is to post photos of food.......isn't it??
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend ' Frank N Furter' (as referred to in a previous post!) has now changed his profile pic to something more normal looking, thank god!
  • jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pregnant friend of mine wrote 'dreading getting up in the morning but never mind only 19 weeks till I never have to work again ever in my life'. She's 21 years old with a jobless partner. There's nothing like ambition eh....
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend brought a puppy a few months ago and takes loads of photos every week and tags the photos "Freddy aged 2 weeks" "Freddy aged 3 weeks". There's hundreds on there. She earlier updated one saying "Happy 22 weeks Birthday Freddy xxxx"
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jessmum wrote: »
    A pregnant friend of mine wrote 'dreading getting up in the morning but never mind only 19 weeks till I never have to work again ever in my life'. She's 21 years old with a jobless partner. There's nothing like ambition eh....

She's in for quite a shock when she realises the income support payments have stopped in 5 years time :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek: She doesn't have a clue how much work caring for a child is then.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    One of my friends is on a romantic day out with her husband, just the two of them. Except every bloody half hour she updates facebook to tell us exactly where they are and what they are doing! Shes even having conversations with people while presumably hes sat there doing nothing!

And they say romance is dead.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I expect to see her on Jeremy Kyle soon complaining that he does nothing for the child and Kyle telling them both to get a job! :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend brought a puppy a few months ago and takes loads of photos every week and tags the photos "Freddy aged 2 weeks" "Freddy aged 3 weeks"

I dislike baby bores on Facebook but I'd probably be clicking 'Like' all over such dog posts! :o
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear :( She's in for a shock.
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Love it when i get a suprise visit from my lover! Made my whole day! Love him lots and lots! ♥

Roll on may! A lil holiday with the two most important people in my life! Going to be amazing! X

Wish this holiday would hurry up! Just want to get away for a bit with my 2 boys! Fed up of bullshit lately

These holiday dates need to hurry up. Just wanna get away now... Need that break. With my 2 boys! And forget about everything for a week. =]

Dont think i can be any happier right now! Cant wait to go away on a little adventure with my 2 boys! Going to be good! X love them both! I am so blessed!

5 months already! So excited for the future... And cant wait to go on holiday just the 3 of us! X

Cant wait to go on a little holiday with my 2 boys and get away for a bit... X

Can't Wait For The Future With My Two Boys! =] ♥

And it goes on like that day after day
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »
    Love it when i get a suprise visit from my lover! Made my whole day! Love him lots and lots! ♥

<snip>

And it goes on like that day after day

I know what that's like. Several times a day, every day, variations on...

"Well yesteday was Georgous FairPlay!! .. Fair play I've had a awesome time with mi boy just made me realise this man is for life!!! Love you baby. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

"Jus had a lush Chinese now time for a nice romantic film....to celebrate are 1st valentines day together ... First of many I hope!!! .... Tipsy from champagne .... Pictures to follow when I get home :) cwtchesss now I love you babe"

"Corr I'm a awesome girlfriend wake up n makes mi man brekki poached egg beans and toast!!! He's lucky to have me aii lol jk I'm tha lukky 1 :) Love you babes"

...I'm fairly sure he's next to her when she's posting these, why she can't just tell him rather than her whole friends list I don't know.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Something to aspire to eh :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I know what that's like. Several times a day, every day, variations on...

"Well yesteday was Georgous FairPlay!! .. Fair play I've had a awesome time with mi boy just made me realise this man is for life!!! Love you baby. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

"Jus had a lush Chinese now time for a nice romantic film....to celebrate are 1st valentines day together ... First of many I hope!!! .... Tipsy from champagne .... Pictures to follow when I get home :) cwtchesss now I love you babe"

"Corr I'm a awesome girlfriend wake up n makes mi man brekki poached egg beans and toast!!! He's lucky to have me aii lol jk I'm tha lukky 1 :) Love you babes"

...I'm fairly sure he's next to her when she's posting these, why she can't just tell him rather than her whole friends list I don't know.

The happy couple Facebook statuses. I know them well.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chavving it up tday so it mks my dress tonyt make him fll to his nees

Then a little while late

htel tonyt with ma man -bn ages sine hd nty tgether

They are ruining the English language :(
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    chavving it up tday so it mks my dress tonyt make him fll to his nees

Then a little while late

htel tonyt with ma man -bn ages sine hd nty tgether

They are ruining the English language :(

I have people like that on my FB and they are always the first ones to moan about foreigners who can't speak English
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    My cousin is 36 and does so many things on FB that just really grind my gears...

Probably about 2 thirds of her status updates are about how many days she has left to work before her next period of days off, or how many days until she goes back to work. 'Only 3 days more work then 4 days off, woohoo', then a week later it's 'Only 1 more day off then back to work for 8 days straight, boohoo'.

She 'likes' nearly every single status she puts up!!!

She REALLY overuses the term 'lol'. Puts it at the end of nearly everything... 'Just taking Maisy for a walk in the woods then home again to start the roast dinner lol'. What the hell is funny about taking your dog for a walk or cooking a bloody roast chicken?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two people in my wider friends circle got married recently. He's been searching for a wife since his late twenties and has dated hundreds of women in his quest. His cover photo shortly after the wedding was a picture of his shirt with a lipstick kiss on the collar. Very obviously staged as the lip shape was perfect on the collar. He is 38 and she is 34. :rolleyes: More tacky than romantic. You're having sex...we get it!
This discussion has been closed.