Job seekers allowance - rapid reclaim.

TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
I started receiving JSA in July but I had already paid for a holiday so I had to suspend it while I was away for 2 weeks. I was told to rapid reclaim on the website when I returned which I did and I received an email saying I'll hear when my appointment will be within 2 working days. That was Monday last week.

Should I continue waiting or phone up to see what's going on? Also, will I be given JSA from the date of my application or my interview?

Comments

• x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give them a ring, everyone knows the JCP are useless. About 5 years ago my "rapid" reclaim took 5 MONTHS!!! I always used to have to chase them up cos they can't do anythig right.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Is this rapid reclaim a new thing? I thought you were allowed a holiday whilst on JSA
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Nope, if you go on holiday then you have to sign off, as you won't be available for work.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    I'd ring them up everyday as you have to chase everything up with the Jobcentre - if you leave them to their own devices they will either take forever or lose your paperwork and not bother to tell you. And make a complaint.

Also I believe you can go on holiday for up to two weeks in the UK, but you have to let the Jobcentre know in advance and provide contact details.
  • scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never use the email always phone em. i have done a rapid reclaim and it was done the same day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you call them? If not, I'd definitely call them tomorrow - first thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been asked to make a rapid reclaim online, but I cant find the form. I can only find the new claim form. Do I use that? Please help.
  • LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    I have been asked to make a rapid reclaim online, but I cant find the form. I can only find the new claim form. Do I use that? Please help.

yep. just do it on new claim there will be a question asking whether you have previously claimed for jsa just click yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuckyM2012 wrote: »
    yep. just do it on new claim there will be a question asking whether you have previously claimed for jsa just click yes.

Thanks for the reply, it's all sorted now, did it over the phone.