BBC HD 1080 TestCard and 5.1 Audio Channel Check

StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭

is on BBC HD weekdays at approx 15:53 until 16:00.

( 7 minutes )

Just before normal BBC HD programmes start.

Certainly on all the days I have recently checked, and recorded on various PVRs.

( Possibly on every weekday )

On Freeview HD and SKY+HD

Same high quality ( and resolution ) recording & HDMI playback on both platforms for my equipment.

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »

is on BBC HD weekdays at approx 15:53 until 16:00.

( 7 minutes )

Just before normal BBC HD programmes start.

Certainly on all the days I have recently checked, and recorded on various PVRs.

( Possibly on every weekday )

On Freeview HD and SKY+HD

Same high quality ( and resolution ) recording & HDMI playback on both platforms for my equipment.
    It always used to appear at regular intervals during the Preview Loop. There is also a Sync test that is shown.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It always used to appear at regular intervals during the Preview Loop. There is also a Sync test that is shown.

Still does, every hour. It alternates between lip sync test and test card.
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

I saw that the other morning during the Preview, lasted about 5 mins from 11:15 to 11:20 then it went back to the Preview Loop.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is the point of it?? i have heard that they will try 3D TV test transmissions soon . rumour they have done it already for dealers ! these are not the same ones they used in the olympics. but are films that they intend to show and even news programs in 3D. we wait with baited breath on this !
    Whats more interesting will be the test transmissions on 625 lines for local TV. these should be started soon. and there is likely to be several london local stations starting by 2015 ,all private enterprise or charity ones.. 2014 seems to be a favourite in some towns on a experimental basis. birmingham ,manchester,liverpool. Not scotland because of the devolution bill comeing out and its up to the scots if they want it or not
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is the point of it?? i have heard that they will try 3D TV test transmissions soon . rumour they have done it already for dealers ! these are not the same ones they used in the olympics. but are films that they intend to show and even news programs in 3D. we wait with baited breath on this !

Try? There's already been some programming. Last Night of the Proms was in 3D, as has been the Queen's Speech and also Mr Stink. I saw the latter and it was pretty good for what it was.

I'm not interested in the Proms, but I was curious about the Queen's speech. However, I was with family on the day and went to look at it on Iplayer but it wasn't even on there. I didn't see what the point was of all the endless hype about filming the Queen in 3D, only to show it once - at a time when most people are busy with other things - and then never ever again. There would've been plenty of chances to show it in 3D on BBC HD.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ??? In this day and age of PVRs anyone busy at the time of the Queen's speech would have recorded it. I did as it was in 3D and not for the content!
  • technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    hype about filming the Queen in 3D, only to show it once -and then never ever again. There would've been plenty of chances to show it in 3D on BBC HD.
    The arrangements for the Queens Speech not not allow repeats -
    and after all it was a Sky news production
    - and with much 2D-3D in it .... but some shots were stunning!
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has BBC 3D to do with this thread ?
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The arrangements for the Queens Speech not not allow repeats -
    and after all it was a Sky news production
    - and with much 2D-3D in it .... but some shots were stunning!

Really? In previous years (not sure about 2012) it's had a BBC2 repeat later on Xmas Day, and the 2D version was on Iplayer, so why not 3D? Especially after all the hype?
  • ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    Stigid wrote: »
    What has BBC 3D to do with this thread ?

Nothing. But then, DS posters are not always very intelligent, are they?
  • conductor71conductor71 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I saw the test card today on BBC HD, finishing at 1.20pm. Brings back memories of the 70's for me. The quality of that photo of the girl and her puppet is far better than it was originally. Whoever decided to start broadcasting it again is really enlightened. After all, would we bother to start a thread on any TV programme that gets shown on the daytime schedule? No- most of it is just dross and instantly forgotten. Yet the Test Card still arouses all this interest. I even recorded a few minutes of it for posterity!
  • Wilson FraserWilson Fraser Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Just as well you recorded it. BBC HD is soon to become BBC2 HD. When that happens they will have daytime programmes on and no chance to show the test card and sound checks. What will we do then? :eek:
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet the Test Card still arouses all this interest. I even recorded a few minutes of it for posterity!

I've keep a recording of the BBC HD test card (and Sky's 3D one) on all my boxes.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the test card shown? I caught it for about 2 seconds today but can't remember what the time was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well you recorded it. BBC HD is soon to become BBC2 HD.:

Write to Janice Hadlow, Controller, BBC Two and ask for the HD Testcard bit of This is BBC HD to be shown as part the This is BBC Two loop which replaced Pages from Ceefax last October from Wednesday 27th March 2013 onwards.
    DragonQ wrote: »
    When is the test card shown? I caught it for about 2 seconds today but can't remember what the time was.

See posts 1-4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭