Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    How could it take one and a half hours to make a stir-fry:confused: It must have been a soggy mess by the time it reached their plates!

It was! It looked absolutely disgusting :o I would have said inedible!

You have to remember that these are the people who seemingly never even boiled a pan of dried pasta! They were once asked on one of their shows if they ate past and Phil piped up only the type that comes in packets with the dried sauce! Dear me, a bag of dried pasta and a jar of sauce was beyond them :D Mind you, Phil's idea of 'making the tea' is shoving the pie and chips in the oven! Or sausage and chips, the Chawn's seem to worship the humble sausage :D
    Alberon wrote: »
    Well, I totally missed the Chawner's triumphant return to our screens. Though I have found the episode online and I'll watch it tonight. For those no longer a friend of Phil on Facebook here's what he's been saying.

On the 5th April after clearly getting some grief on Facebook

And further down the comments of that post he added this

I do agree with him if the family are getting online abuse. That isn't on.

However, why did he trust another film company after how the experience of the Bio series? Unless they get approval of the final edit (which of course, they never will) they really should steer clear of these things.

On the 6th he posted this

The Chawners on Jeremy Kyle? Yeah, that would go well for you, Phil.

And later on that day

And yesterday this

Again, if true, then it's vile and people should never do that. But then again, I find it very hard to trust Phil in whatever he says. Even if there was a bag of dog poo it could just have been just a lazy dog walker and not someone who even knows the Chawners live there. God knows there is enough of them around.

I'd forgotten how much of a headache Phil's lack of punctuation gives me!

Oh how I've missed 'Phil speak' :D Thanks so much for posting these.

BIB: You're spot on of course. They did nothing but moan about the bio channel and say they were stitched up so what on earth possessed them? Is their desire/need to be on TV that great? Do they really think they're 'somebody' because they've been on the telly?

Although I have to say, IF C5 was given footage of Emma actually being attacked in all fairness they should have shown it. I was a bit doubtful when I saw the black and white photos of her 'black eye' as I felt it had had a bit of help with dark eyeshadow! However I am more than willing to accept that that might just be my bad mind .... :blush:
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    It was! It looked absolutely disgusting :o I would have said inedible!

You have to remember that these are the people who seemingly never even boiled a pan of dried pasta! They were once asked on one of their shows if they ate past and Phil piped up only the type that comes in packets with the dried sauce! Dear me, a bag of dried pasta and a jar of sauce was beyond them :D Mind you, Phil's idea of 'making the tea' is shoving the pie and chips in the oven! Or sausage and chips, the Chawn's seem to worship the humble sausage :D

Oh how I've missed 'Phil speak' :D Thanks so much for posting these.

BIB: You're spot on of course. They did nothing but moan about the bio channel and say they were stitched up so what on earth possessed them? Is their desire/need to be on TV that great? Do they really think they're 'somebody' because they've been on the telly?

Although I have to say, IF C5 was given footage of Emma actually being attacked in all fairness they should have shown it. I was a bit doubtful when I saw the black and white photos of her 'black eye' as I felt it had had a bit of help with dark eyeshadow! However I am more than willing to accept that that might just be my bad mind .... :blush:

I have a feeling that they thought the show was going to be about their bad neighbours,and didn't realise it was about them ,they were very aggrieved when they spoke and thought they were the victims. Phil can't have read the contract properly or perhaps their ' agent' misrepresented it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I'm dying to put Emma on a scale. ****ing hell. She must have passed Sal now in weight. I remember on that show she was always the thinner one. Her sister was a lot bigger at about 26 stone. The sister looks fatter than she has ever been and Emma looks like she is hitting the 30 stone mark at least!!
  • Gail_SorleyGail_Sorley Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    all quiet on the Chawner front? hard to believe...my life has lost all meaning since the programs about them are finished and there haven't really been any updates....wondering who they're abusing now, what Emma's career plans are, and if any of them have realised that their 15 minutes of fame has pretty much finished...or is that just too insightful for them?
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Emma and Sam to pop up on Babestation anyday now. Phil will be watching of course.
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I suspect Emma and Sam to pop up on Babestation anyday now. Phil will be watching of course.

I've just been a leedle beet seek in my mouth! :o
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the nightmare neighbour thing repeated on 5 earlier, dear god.:o
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    And Phil does seem to be the source of most of the family's problems. He has a vice-like grip on his daughters and his greatest fear seems to be that they'll grow up, move out, have lives of their own and leave him alone with his wife.

I would agree with that. He seems to be unhealthily fixated on them, and nothing will change for those girls as long as they remain at home. I suspect Phil would like them to stay for financial reasons as well, they probably do alright when they pool their benefit money together, but the girls would probably struggle to cope on their own. That's exactly what they need though, to get out from under Phil's thumb.

I remember towards the end of the first series how Emma seemed aware that the crew were taking the piss, that they were just being mocked, but yet they signed up for more. I think Audrey especially likes the idea of being a celebrity as she seems the most obsessed with the telly, but they're all a bit guilty of being a party to their own mockery. I'm not condoning online abuse, but if they just disappeared back into relative anonymity, their lives would be much simpler.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree with that. He seems to be unhealthily fixated on them, and nothing will change for those girls as long as they remain at home. I suspect Phil would like them to stay for financial reasons as well, they probably do alright when they pool their benefit money together, but the girls would probably struggle to cope on their own. That's exactly what they need though, to get out from under Phil's thumb.

I remember towards the end of the first series how Emma seemed aware that the crew were taking the piss, that they were just being mocked, but yet they signed up for more. I think Audrey especially likes the idea of being a celebrity as she seems the most obsessed with the telly, but they're all a bit guilty of being a party to their own mockery. I'm not condoning online abuse, but if they just disappeared back into relative anonymity, their lives would be much simpler.

These people are chronic, no doubt about it. The way they live is abysmally unhealthy, they create a claustrophobic environment in which to live - apart from dad with his brush and pan no real housework seems to get done. There is no incentive to improve their health or attitudes, no incentive for the girls to be independent at all. My only fear is one of the two girls will bring a baby into that set-up sometime in the future and the thought of that fills me with sheer dread. Mum looks like she will be totally chair-bound within five years. As a parent myself I just do not understand how people can create such a dreary, depressing environment for their children.
  • History GalHistory Gal Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Are the 2 girls still working. I read a year old article about the one who was a hairdresser, and it said she only earned £100 a month (surely if she got a salon job it would be much more than that, as that might only be one haircut a week she is doing :confused: currently )
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Are the 2 girls still working. I read a year old article about the one who was a hairdresser, and it said she only earned £100 a month (surely if she got a salon job it would be much more than that, as that might only be one haircut a week she is doing :confused: currently )

If you mean the infamous 'Closer' article, it was derided when it was released beacuse of the inaccuracies in it. Comments on that article were removed after a while, though they seem to be allowed now.

If Emma ever was hairdressing, it seems to be just for a very few people, and Phil had to drive her wherever she was going. And I'd expect that they'd never earn too much as it would risk their benefits.

Sam did have a job as a waitress, though she was on sick leave at the time she, Emma and Phil were on trial for harassment of a neighbour. I've no idea if she's still working, but my bet is she isn't.

As for the rest of the article, published in september 2012, it sounds doubly farcical knowing the position they're in now.
    But fast-forward to summer 2012 and the Chawner sisters have finally got their act together – they’re exercising regularly, working hard in stable jobs and loving life. They’re also involved in a reality TV show to be broadcast in Japan, where they have a huge fan base.

No one knows where the Japanese TV show thing came from, but the family seemed to believe it. But they were probably just being hoaxed and it has, of course, come to nothing.
    Undeniably, they still have weight issues – but they’re addressing those with sensible diets and regular exercise. And Samantha now has a full-time job as a waitress, while Emma works as a mobile hairdresser, seeing five or six clients a week. When it’s quiet at work, she volunteers in a charity shop a couple of days a week.

The one area of their lives the girls admit still needs working on is their size. They’d both like to be a size 12, but are still overweight, despite insisting they now eat healthily. When Closer first met them in March 2009, they admitted to gorging on bacon sandwiches, pie and mash and biscuits. At her biggest, Sam, who’s 5ft 6, weighed 28st, while 5ft 3 Emma was 19st.

I’m not on any benefits at all any more – anything I spend comes from me.
    Now, however, Emma claims: “We both pretty much eat the same – a banana and yoghurt for breakfast, salad for lunch and a WeightWatchers cottage pie for dinner.”

I wish it was true, I honestly do. Sadly, just one look at their recent TV return shows the girls even bigger than ever.

One good thing that comes from Phil's jealous nature is that neither of his daughters are allowed boyfriends, despite both being in their twenties now, so chances of another generation being brought up in that squalor seems unlikely.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're popular in Japan?

Do the Japanese perhaps mistake them for sumo wrestlers?
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any time either daughter tries to do anything independent, they scupper it for them.

One went to a boot camp and was really enjoying it but was continually undermined by the other sister via text who hadn't been able to go because she was getting surgery.

One of them had a boy interested in them and was planning on going out for a date but Philthy Phil totally forbade it.

Audrey is a fame ****, you're absolutely right. The X Factor wannabee daughter was in hospital and all Audrey could talk about to the nurse was her TV appearances, she wasn't interested in her condition, prognosis, nothing, just "did you see her on the X Factor".
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    The lengths some people will go to for their 15 minutes of fame. !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    I have a feeling that they thought the show was going to be about their bad neighbours,and didn't realise it was about them ,they were very aggrieved when they spoke and thought they were the victims. Phil can't have read the contract properly or perhaps their ' agent' misrepresented it.

Actually, that makes perfect sense! I wouldn't be surprised if C5 sold it to them as that either knowing how dim (or desperate?) they can be when it comes to being on TV!
    Any time either daughter tries to do anything independent, they scupper it for them.

One went to a boot camp and was really enjoying it but was continually undermined by the other sister via text who hadn't been able to go because she was getting surgery.

One of them had a boy interested in them and was planning on going out for a date but Philthy Phil totally forbade it.

Audrey is a fame ****, you're absolutely right. The X Factor wannabee daughter was in hospital and all Audrey could talk about to the nurse was her TV appearances, she wasn't interested in her condition, prognosis, nothing, just "did you see her on the X Factor".

One of the saddest things to me (their weight issues aside) is that they genuinely seem to think that they're a closer than close family but don't realise that they're actually poisonous as a unit and pull each other down by either ridicule or bullying especially when one of them plots an escape (even just a few hours a week!)

Audrey and the horses also comes to mind - Audrey had actually got out of her chair and was enjoying helping out at the stables but did her family give her any praise or encouragement? Did they heck! Just 'why can't you do more at home if you can do this here?' said in their usual nasty manner, which might be fair enough but Audrey couldn't enjoy the moment and was straight back into the chair when she got home. The stables were open to her volunteering there once in a while but needless to say Aud didn't take them up on the offer, perhaps she never would have done but the family's attitude didn't help.

I can't remember any of them seriously turning on Phil though :confused: Looks like he's pulling the strings and keeping his women exactly where he wants them. Sick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will they ever show their shows on tv again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can they be bought on dvd? Or anywhere online to watch them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisyLou wrote: »
    Can they be bought on dvd? Or anywhere online to watch them?

bump!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your best bet would be You Tube DaisyLou. I just put 'The Chawners' into the search bar and quite a bit stuff came up, whether it's full episodes or just clips though I couldn't say. I don't think they've had any of their shows made into DVDs, I can't imagine there'd be many buyers :D

I am quite surprised they didn't pop up on C5's Benefits: 'Too Fat To Work'. Surely they were asked? Are the Chawners finally getting savvy?
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,363
    Forum Member
    I wasn't on Digital Spy when this thread was in it's glory days, and the Chawners were on top of the world (or, at least the now-defunct Bio channel :D). I often used to have a read though and you all kept me hugely entertained in the CoC. I have a hankering to go and watch YouTube clips of them now, seeing this thread on the front page.
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I am quite surprised they didn't pop up on C5's Benefits: 'Too Fat To Work'. Surely they were asked? Are the Chawners finally getting savvy?

I was shocked too! I was certain they would have been stars of the show! I suspect it is less a case of them being savvy and more a case of them outstaying their welcome with any TV crew.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved being in the Cult of Chawner :D I still quote them to this day. Unfortunately, all I'm able to find are clips and not full episodes. Whenever I feel down about my life, I always think it could be worse. I could be a Chawner... (or a neighbour!)

If I ever find it online or being replayed I'll be sure to post :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I wasn't on Digital Spy when this thread was in it's glory days, and the Chawners were on top of the world (or, at least the now-defunct Bio channel :D). I often used to have a read though and you all kept me hugely entertained in the CoC. I have a hankering to go and watch YouTube clips of them now, seeing this thread on the front page.

I was shocked too! I was certain they would have been stars of the show! I suspect it is less a case of them being savvy and more a case of them outstaying their welcome with any TV crew.

It could have made great viewing! Phil sitting there declaring that everyone is fattist and no one will give him a job (even though he tried and tried even with his lorry diabetes and his feet you know!) then the interviewer pulling their rabbit from the hat and saying "really Mr Chawner? What about the florist who offered you a couple of days a week but you never turned up ...." :D

Then we could have had the full list of Emma's comical ailments which stop her working (helicopter pylons et al) then Aud declaring that she once worked for two weeks back in the 70's so she's done her bit and deserves to be stuck in her LazyAud now! :D

Which makes me wonder if Sam still has her job at, was it, Frankie and Benny's? Last I heard she was on the sick?

Chawners though. I do miss 'em! :D
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Maybe they've all lost loads of weight and are working, or maybe not.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that this thread is still going!

What's the betting that there will be a 2015 edition of their "weight-loss/gain" show on Sky?
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. I hope never to see them ever again. Complete wastes of space, all of them. opportunity after opportunity handed to them all and for what? No will power, no actual desire to do anything with their lives besides eat and appear on TV. Not one of them has any likeability about them. While real disabled people in this country are treated despicably, branded as scroungers and hate crime against the disabled has increased over 200% in recent years, why would anyone want to watch four bloated, greedy, ungrateful losers accomplish nothing.
    Even spiteful nasty Lorraine kelly realised they were denting her popularity and bailed out. (Although some of us did have fun on her forum for a time)
    Give air time to people who actually want to change their lives. people who deserve a break. The chawners are non entities, who had their 15 minutes of fame, entertained us for a short while and should now disappear back into their sofa.