Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Craig83maCraig83ma Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Julia Roberts in New York - very easy to speak to and sweet. Seemed so down to earth for such a huge star!
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to know if anyone has met Karl Pilkington...
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw DLT at a local Classic Gold related event in 1997(I think?).(Our local station had not long swopped from local programming to Classic Gold mainly networked stuff!)

The promotional pens they were giving away didn't work by the way!
  • krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I met The Manic Street Preachers back in the early 90s, they were absolute gentlemen. :)

I've met Keith Chegwin - nice, down to earth. I've briefly met John Barrowman - very nice guy. David Tennant has walked past me a couple of times - I was too shy to say hello but from all accounts he's very nice too! :)
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I met The Manic Street Preachers back in the early 90s, they were absolute gentlemen. :)

I've met Keith Chegwin - nice, down to earth. I've briefly met John Barrowman - very nice guy. David Tennant has walked past me a couple of times - I was too shy to say hello but from all accounts he's very nice too! :)

Freinds of mine met him and said he was great, especially with their youngest kid who was a bit overwhelmed and dumbstruck at meeting the Doctor. They were soon chatting away like old mates.
  • krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Freinds of mine met him and said he was great, especially with their youngest kid who was a bit overwhelmed and dumbstruck at meeting the Doctor. They were soon chatting away like old mates.

That's lovely. :)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    VideoNicey wrote: »
    A relative of mine worked at the Dominion theatre when the hi-tech musical 'Time' was running there. He was hugely relieved when Cliff Richard left and David Cassidy took over, because Cassidy used to treat the backstage crew to drinks and meals on regular occasions. As you've probably guessed, the artist formerly known as Harry Webb did not to this.

With all due respect, does that mean Cliff isn't a nice person because he didn't "treat" the crew to such things? Perhaps he's just more private that way? Not having a go at you, just I don't think that in itself justifies classing Mr Webb as "not nice". If there's more to it, then fair enough. Mr Cassidy sounds like a decent chap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Not sure if they're celebrities, but I met and talked to the guys from You Me At Six a few times (a good friend of mine was in a band and they used to record in the same studio). All seemed nice, normal guys. I distinctly remember making fun of Josh's (lead singer) facial hair, and next time I saw him, he said he shaved it off because of me. Which made me blush because I used to fancy him a bit :o

That was years ago though, so they may have changed since they got a lot more famous after that. Have known and met a few other people in bands, I can't remember any being horrible or unpleasant though (even the Lostprophets singer who was recently taken to court for pedophilia, so maybe I am a poor judge of character).
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read someone met Pete Burns when he was quite famous as a pop star (and not infamous for his surgery). They went over to him in a club and said hello and he said who the hell do you think you are daring to come over and say hello to me, f*** off. They replied with who the hell do you think you are speaking to your fans like that, you're nothing special, you jumped up little freak (or words to that effect). Pete then said, oh I like you, have you got a cigarette and they ended up spending an hour or so chatting! lol
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met yesterday, 17th, Martin Luther King's son.

Martin Luther King 111.

Even shook his hand.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    A few months back my dad (he works as a HGV driver in tar mac) he was tar-macing Man United's training ground Carrington and he bumped into Gary Neville he said "hello!" And that piece of scum looked right through my dad and totally blanked him.... Piece of cr*p!! My other half is a Man U fan and I am as well but I can't stand the sight of that Neville sister anymore! Lol lucky for my dad he's a Geordie boy (Newcastle) born and bred anyway! Lol

It bothered me more than my dad but never mind hey. :D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met a number of politicians - Neil & Glynis Kinnock stand out as the friendliest and most genuine and Francis ("Jerry Can") Maude as the most arrogant and slimy. Met Wallace & Gromit creator Nick Park at a friend's party and he was unassuming, interesting and amusing. Quite a few celebs shop locally - Julie Walters is fab and James Bolam and Susan Jameson seem a lovely couple. Peter Andre is very friendly, down to earth and makes time for people. His ex Jordan is often spotted at the local supermarket, really tiny apart from her famous assets but I've never had the inclination to get close enough to meet as she tends to have an expression that could sour milk at 50 paces.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I've met a number of politicians - Neil & Glynis Kinnock stand out as the friendliest and most genuine and Francis ("Jerry Can") Maude as the most arrogant and slimy. Met Wallace & Gromit creator Nick Park at a friend's party and he was unassuming, interesting and amusing. Quite a few celebs shop locally - Julie Walters is fab and James Bolam and Susan Jameson seem a lovely couple. Peter Andre is very friendly, down to earth and makes time for people. His ex Jordan is often spotted at the local supermarket, really tiny apart from her famous assets but I've never had the inclination to get close enough to meet as she tends to have an expression that could sour milk at 50 paces.

Must make a note.

James Bolam seems lovely.

That makes a change from other comments I've seen on here!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother has met the cricketer David Gower, said he was a complete gentleman.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really incredibly lame, but older forum users will remember a 1970s ITV series called 'The Comedians'.
    My mum and dad ran into a group of the regular participants during a day at the races in the early seventies, including Duggie Brown and Charlie Williams, and apparently they were all absolute gentlemen.
    Compare this to Jimmy Tarbuck who told my mum to "piss off" when she approached him for an autograph in 1966.

So Tarbuck has the Cilla Black false scouse charm on camera, but off camera anti social.
    Of The Comedians, I went to see Frank Carson in Ayr 30 years ago and apart from being hilarious, he really was happy to sign autographs and talk to people.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Must make a note.

James Bolam seems lovely.

That makes a change from other comments I've seen on here!

Perhaps he's different when he's with the missus :) He comes across as the more show bizzy but she's been very smiley and nice when I've seen them.
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Seen Ken Livingstone several times waiting for the tube at Westminster when he was Mayor of London. Spoke to him years ago when he was leader of the now defunct Greater London Council. He was somewhat creepy then.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    So Tarbuck has the Cilla Black false scouse charm on camera, but off camera anti social.
    Of The Comedians, I went to see Frank Carson in Ayr 30 years ago and apart from being hilarious, he really was happy to sign autographs and talk to people.
    Yes, met and talked to Frank in Blackpool the year before he died.

Gentleman and much missed. A real one-off.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A relative of mine worked at the Dominion theatre when the hi-tech musical 'Time' was running there. He was hugely relieved when Cliff Richard left and David Cassidy took over, because Cassidy used to treat the backstage crew to drinks and meals on regular occasions. As you've probably guessed, the artist formerly known as Harry Webb did not to this.

Your relative must have been fortunate enough to see Freddie Mercury when he made a surprise appearance once, which sadly turned out to be his final live performance. Did they get to meet Freddie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Matthew Corbett's a legend (or as he's known in his home-town of Lymm, Peter Corbett). I went to see him do a one man show down there entitled "25 years of my hand up Sooty's bum" in February, he's great and I got a mention on the local Warrington newspaper website for travelling a long way to see the show (now THAT's a better thing to be mentioned for and here's the evidence http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/15249/1/Sooty-and-Sweep-sell-out-success/Page1.html). I take it no-one on here ever met Jimmy Savile, thank god I never did, The scarily catchy theme song to Jim'll Fix It is one of my earliest childhood memories, and to think of what was going on there just beggars all belief and watching the documentaries, you could tell what an appallingly sleazy, sordid piece of work he really was. I was chatting to Matthew and his wife that night, they knew everything that was going on, I hope the repulsive creature rots in hell
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harr123 wrote: »
    Matthew Corbett's a legend (or as he's known in his home-town of Lymm, Peter Corbett).

Now there's a blast from the past.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    bluie2103 wrote: »
    Met some of the hollyoaks cast at a charity football match today. All spent literally ages meeting people, posing for photos etc,all really lovely and friendly

Danny Mac (Dodger)
    James Atherton (Will)
    Nick Pickard (Tony)
    Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren)
    Tom Scurr (Barney)

Recently I've had a brilliant opportunity to speak to a lot of the HO cast due to work, and I swear to god Nick is one of the nicest people I've ever spoke to let alone celebrity, we had a job to do, but other than that he was asking me what the weather was like and he was just so down to earth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    i havent met him first hand, but Ross Kemp comes in to our office quite alot due to him doing business with my boss. always seems a down to earth guy, and whenever they go out he's happy to do autographs / photos.

also the DJ Gareth emery comes in every now and again. same story, down to earth and approachable.

met "comedy" Dave Vitty at a folk face gig, and chatted to him for a while about the Chris Moyles show and general stuff. seemed a genuine nice guy.

i used to work in a club in Sheffield where alot of bands played during the mid 90s. met various brit pop bands, as well as all girl rock group L7, who surprisingly from their punky attitude were really nice and chatty to a lowly cloakroom attendant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often find all celebrities and well known actors are total #£%%&*+-. Not that I have met many.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    size_13 wrote: »
    i havent met him first hand, but Ross Kemp comes in to our office quite alot due to him doing business with my boss. always seems a down to earth guy, and whenever they go out he's happy to do autographs / photos.

also the DJ Gareth emery comes in every now and again. same story, down to earth and approachable.

met "comedy" Dave Vitty at a folk face gig, and chatted to him for a while about the Chris Moyles show and general stuff. seemed a genuine nice guy.

i used to work in a club in Sheffield where alot of bands played during the mid 90s. met various brit pop bands, as well as all girl rock group L7, who surprisingly from their punky attitude were really nice and chatty to a lowly cloakroom attendant.

My heroes.

Donita Sparks, what a legend. :)