Who is you main email provider?

n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have Outlook and Gmail but Gmail is my main provider.

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    My domain hosted, then gmail.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gmail with a Hotmail a/c as a rarely used backup.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GMail but I also use GMX
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gmail (multiple), then yahoo (used for junk/signups), then a domain linked one
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a couple of gmail, then a gmx. Plus a yahoo bt account which got hacked that i haven't used for years!
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    gmail, apple and my own domain hosted
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a provider other than gmail that allows to define pictures with contacts? I want to move away from gmail since they decided to close down Exchange ActiveSync and can't find any. I checked outlook.com but I did not find any picture support.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Lavabit
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gmail in the form of Google Apps for your Domain. On a free legacy account, wondering how longer before Google kills it :/
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've used Fastmail for years. The spam filtering is so good I can't recall the last time I got any. All done at their end, too.

My employer just moved their whole email service across to Gmail, so that's now a larger part of my life although I use it via the OS X Mail app rather than the website.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    At the moment my university email, but I have a Yahoo account for junk mail and some personal mail. I also have a Gmail account I set up when I got my Android 'phone but I never use that.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    I have a talk21 account from the "open..." days which gets a lot of use and is now part of BTYahoo. Actually gets very little in the way of spam which is pretty good considering how long the account has been active.

I also have a Googlemail account that I think I got when I was setting up my Android phone. I think its basically just spam from Youtube etc

Then there is my works exchange account via OWA or ActiveSync.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    Gmail, with my domain one through Gmail too. So pretty googled up to be honest.

I used to get by on an old Freeserve one, but that's since been lost.
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a secure E-mail address via my employer but for personal use @iCloud/@me
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have my own.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    GMX as my main then Gmail, Hotmail, Inbox, Live, Outlook and NTL(Virgin)......Useful to have a few for shopping, forums etc....Helps to keep the spam to a minimum.....
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I have my own domain, I also have BT Yahoo, Hotmail and Google accounts so all bases covered.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,452
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    I have my own domain, I also have BT Yahoo, Hotmail and Google accounts so all bases covered.

Me too. Hey, I hope you aren't me! :eek:
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a GMail account for my personal emails and my work email for, well, work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Googled up too. I pull into gmail all my gmail accounts, my own domain accounts, apple and yahoo.
    The use of Gmail just works so well for me across multiple devices.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. What interests me is why people ask this sort of question. Does it have a relevance?
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. What interests me is why people ask this sort of question. Does it have a relevance?

I like reading the answers for a couple of reasons. I get to see what's popular v what I presumed was popular, sometimes you come across some new tool or service I've never heard of and it satisfies my natural voyeuristic tendencies ;)

I'd like to say some people make this stuff way more complex than it needs to be. Also, using work/uni emails for anything remotely personal is a bad idea in access you suddenly lose access to it or move on.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DotNetWill wrote: »
    I like reading the answers for a couple of reasons. I get to see what's popular v what I presumed was popular, sometimes you come across some new tool or service I've never heard of and it satisfies my natural voyeuristic tendencies ;)

I'd like to say some people make this stuff way more complex than it needs to be. Also, using work/uni emails for anything remotely personal is a bad idea in access you suddenly lose access to it or move on.

Fair enough. I and my family are big Android fans and so we use Google extensively and it follows therefore we use Gmail. I have other email addresses but they all come through Gmail.
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Use gmail with my own business domain

never heard of gmx, looks interesting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I use GMail for personal use (I log in via my browser, don't bother with a mail client) and FastHosts for business, which uses Windows Live Mail (again, online via my browser).