Walking Dead Compendium 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
Quick question, just ordered this off amazon, my first grahic novel. Have heard great reviews and am a big fan of the TV series.

Can i ask does the TV series differs from the comics and also what issue are they up to now on TV.

Btw, the compendium looks the size of a phonebook, will keep me busy for a while :)

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the compendium and have read on further from it but I don't watch the TV show, my missus has read the compendium and watches the TV show and, from what she says, they differ quite a bit whilst still keeping a general similarity to the comic.

I would say that the TV series is very roughly at a point now towards the end of what is presented in the compendium.

The compendium is heavier than a phonebook and a bit of a nightmare to try to read in bed! :D
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good book and a great way of jumping into the series.

Yes the TV show does differ from the books, the show takes key plot points and puts it own spin on them. Very interesting to see how the two play out differently.

The first compendium ends right where Series 3 is about to end in the series.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really good book and a great way of jumping into the series.

Yes the TV show does differ from the books, the show takes key plot points and puts it own spin on them. Very interesting to see how the two play out differently.

The first compendium ends right where Series 3 is about to end in the series.

I read somewhere that the producers have said that after they finish the prison/Woodbury arc the TV show will go off at a complete tangent and totally ignore the comics continuity
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the tv show since the start and it's made me want to read the comics etc but as there are so many I never got around to it but then I seen these recently and have bought both of them. Hope they turn up soon :)

A quick question though do these include the ones about the governors origins? Or will I need those separate?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    A quick question though do these include the ones about the governors origins? Or will I need those separate?

Nope, that's in a totally different book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Rise_of_the_Governor
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you :) gonna see if I can get that aswell then
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, just ordered this off amazon, my first grahic novel. Have heard great reviews and am a big fan of the TV series.

Can i ask does the TV series differs from the comics and also what issue are they up to now on TV.

Btw, the compendium looks the size of a phonebook, will keep me busy for a while :)

I recently bought both compendiums (still waiting of the second) as others have said - there are differences between the TV show and Comics but the general thread is similar enough that it is like reading a book you have a vague recollection of.

I will say that although the book looks big it really doesn't take too long to read through. I read it in about a week at a slow pace.