Beyonce a shy church girl?

Demonia90Demonia90 Posts: 195
Forum Member
Open Letter To Beyonce

I don’t know what to think after reading that. Was she really a shy bible girl though? Am not too sure.

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I understand what their point is.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You read a post on a place called "Return of the King" and expect it to make sense?

Although, she really is not a feminist and should never, ever be labelled as such.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Well you'd have to be DUMB to believe Sasha Fierce is real. And she's said countless times it's a stage persona. She's an example of hard work and family support and talent. Nothing more. I don't get how she isn't inspiring to anyone who wants to get what they want.
  • Demonia90Demonia90 Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Well you'd have to be DUMB to believe Sasha Fierce is real. And she's said countless times it's a stage persona. She's an example of hard work and family support and talent. Nothing more. I don't get how she isn't inspiring to anyone who wants to get what they want.

Yeah but the thing is it's like she can't sing too much about family, love and faith etc. because it's not cool enough?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Demonia90 wrote: »
    Yeah but the thing is it's like she can't sing too much about family, love and faith etc. because it's not cool enough?

I don't think it's to do with being "cool", I would assume a lot of people just aren't interested in her singing about such things.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but the people I know who are just like her music to dance to... Not saying it's right or wrong, but songs about God and church might not meet their requirements.
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's to do with being "cool", I would assume a lot of people just aren't interested in her singing about such things.

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but the people I know who are just like her music to dance to... Not saying it's right or wrong, but songs about God and church might not meet their requirements.

I don't know... maybe not her current fan base but I think a lot of girls would like good love songs. As for church and God yeah I agree lol
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect she loves herself more than God.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Beyonce is a feminist and it irks me when people hold her up as some good example of feminism.

However, I don't think the writer of that article knows anything about feminism either, they seem to use a load of cliches and stereotypes.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

This. I like Beyonce for her music and her performing. That's it haha.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of person writes an open letter to someone and then points out all these things they "know" about their personality? "You are not a feminist, Beyonce." I would love Beyonce to write that guy an open letter telling him why he's such a backwards, hypocritical arsehole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    What kind of person writes an open letter to someone and then points out all these things they "know" about their personality? "You are not a feminist, Beyonce." I would love Beyonce to write that guy an open letter telling him why he's such a backwards, hypocritical arsehole.

I think open letters have always been far more about the letter writer patting themselves on the back than they are about caring in any form about the person they are addressed to. I'm sick of them. The only one I ever read that was any good was Jodi Foster's letter to Kristen Stewart.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm practising my open letter to Putin in Crayolas right now. I hope he likes the sky blue and yellow ones.
    Forum Member
    I suspect she loves herself more than God.

lol she seems like a nice girl... if you watch her interviews you can see her real personality. She seems real too.
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol she seems like a nice girl... if you watch her interviews you can see her real personality. She seems real too.

And yet she seems to be happy selling her soul to the devil..........I never understand people like her, they've got loads of success, gazillions in the bank, a healthy child and yet they still chase the rainbow. And don't get me started on how someone who sells herself the way she does stays married to a dog like JayZ. I hardly know anything about that world but even I know that he's worse than the neighbourhood tom lol.
    How does the empowered woman fit into that puzzle? :confused:

If someone could please explain that to me I'd appreciate it!
    Forum Member
    And yet she seems to be happy selling her soul to the devil..........I never understand people like her, they've got loads of success, gazillions in the bank, a healthy child and yet they still chase the rainbow. And don't get me started on how someone who sells herself the way she does stays married to a dog like JayZ. I hardly know anything about that world but even I know that he's worse than the neighbourhood tom lol.
    How does the empowered woman fit into that puzzle? :confused:

If someone could please explain that to me I'd appreciate it!

Well I agree she's not a feminist at all. But why do you call Jay-z a dog? Don't judge him from his videos it's just a show too. In interviews he seems very human and even likeable. Check this interview for example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGcSEY1pj2o&list=PLchvSPZKkx0gM_Tek8eUcKQSVKEG6hpZD&index=11
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She pretends to be a good innocent christian girl, yet every time I see her on stage and in her videos she has her legs spread wide open, constantly thrusting and gyrating with her boobs spilling out. Yep, she's a good religous girl this one.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beyoncé but if she was a shy girl, she certainly isn't anymore. You couldn't perform the way she does if you're shy. I don't think she'll be that religious either, if at all. Like I said though, I like her. She seems to have a nice personality from what I've seen of her in videos.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    She pretends to be a good innocent christian girl, yet every time I see her on stage and in her videos she has her legs spread wide open, constantly thrusting and gyrating with her boobs spilling out. Yep, she's a good religous girl this one.

It's what you call doing your job.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you misunderstand religion.
    Forum Member

But it's a show, like an actress performing on stage. She's not like that in real life...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's a show, like an actress performing on stage. She's not like that in real life...

She may not be as blatantly sexual in real life but she seems to spend a hugely disproportionate amount of time posting selfies on Twitter of her in various costumes and states of undress; it's like she can't stop the vanity IMHO.
    Forum Member
    Yeah true. But her fans are asking for it though. They idolize her like a goddess and they love everything she does.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's obviously talented but, imo, she is the purveyor of some of the dullest blandest most watered down R&B lite turgid pop crap singles in the history of music
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

Aye, but remember that's Sasha fierce doing that :^_^
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye, but remember that's Sasha fierce doing that :^_^

Is her bank account in the name of Sasha Fierce ?