Options

Generation Game back on BBC1 in 2015

Surferman1Surferman1 Posts: 920
Forum Member
✭✭
There have been rumours, but it is now confirmed: Miranda Hart will host a new series of the Generation Game next year.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/17/bbc-generation-game-miranda-hart

Not sure what i think, but I'm sure others on DS will have plenty to say!

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the BBC really does need a light entertainment hit for Saturday evenings that is suitable for all the family, after all Tumble isn't it really. So the Generation Game cpould be the right programme to resurrect. Many younger viewers will not have seen the originals, and the series survived through three different hosts so i don't see why it could not work with Miranda Hart 9although she can be a Marmite presenter for some people).

A good move I think.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will RUIN it especially with Miranda as host. I bet there will also be Z-list celebs on it too.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be watching. I cannot abide that woman. Just no. Shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will RUIN it especially with Miranda as host. I bet there will also be Z-list celebs on it too.

I know Miranda divides opinion, but she is at least natural and not contrived, which is more than can be said for Alex Jones. As for Z-list celebs, didn't they always appear on the GG, demonstrating making pastries, bird noise experts, minor actors etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surferman1 wrote: »
    . As for Z-list celebs, didn't they always appear on the GG, demonstrating making pastries, bird noise experts, minor actors etc?
    No, it was always a tradesman, professional bakers, people from food factories, butchers (for sausage-making), variety acts (like someone spinning plates), they only had a known known/recognisable actor for the amateur dramatic segment (the Balls Pond Road Amateur Dramatic Society I think it was), or employed someone famous for or able to do animal impressions (like Percy Edwards). What we would call Z-listers never appeared for the sake of it
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly toy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Cuddly toy :D

Wine rack

:D
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teasmade :D

I was only young but loved Larry Grayson and Isla StClair
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    scotch wrote: »
    Teasmade :D

I was only young but loved Larry Grayson and Isla StClair

Wok.

Everard Farquharson :D

Will not be watching if Miranda is presenting.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh good. Suitable for the next generation, I hope. Why not? As for Miranda as host....deserves a shot. Not afraid to send herself up and get into pickles. I can't see some of our more glam celeb presenters being able to do this with as much abandon. Wonder if she'll have a male co-host for the 'scores on the doors' kinda thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    No, it was always a tradesman, professional bakers, people from food factories, butchers (for sausage-making), variety acts (like someone spinning plates), they only had a known known/recognisable actor for the amateur dramatic segment (the Balls Pond Road Amateur Dramatic Society I think it was), or employed someone famous for or able to do animal impressions (like Percy Edwards). What we would call Z-listers never appeared for the sake of it

If that is the case, then I hope they don't start this time around either. The thought of barely recognisable and vacuous TOWIEs or other so called 'reality stars' making an appearance would certainly make me flick the remote.
  • Options
    ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    There have been rumours, but it is now confirmed: Miranda Hart will host a new series of the Generation Game next year.

Not sure what i think, but I'm sure others on DS will have plenty to say![/QUO

It'll be shit
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukbadge wrote: »

Not sure what i think, but I'm sure others on DS will have plenty to say![/QUO

It'll be shit

Thanks for such a considered, mature reply. I bet you watch loads of ITV2.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Shows the paucity in creativity at the BBC that they feel the need to rehash the Generation Show for what, the third time is it? What a joke.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Miranda as she doesn't get too frenetic (which she sometimes does).
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of all the people it had to be Miranda 'expletive' hart
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    OMG how low can the BBC sink getting this awful woman to host a iconic show is just criminal, she will no doubt do what she usually does and fall over as many times as she can to get laughs. The woman is just not funny. Personally I will not be watching not just because she is not funny but the fact that I cannot abide the woman. Shame on you BBC !
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were supposed to be doing a pilot, don't know if it happened. Could be worse, could be Clare Balding, Alex Jones or Nick Knowles:D
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she going too have dolly men as hosts instead of Brucie birds
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully it's going to be like the original with normal comtestants and not like the new family fortunes with just celebrities on it
  • Options
    saturns ringssaturns rings Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    As long as she remembers one thing - the stars of the show are the contestants
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What next - Take Your Pick, Double Your Money, 3-2-1 and What's My Line ?
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Miranda Hart, and I don't think she's the right kind of host for the show.

I would have thought a better choice would have been Graham Norton, Rob Brydon, Shane Richie, Michael McIntyre even. If the unseen pilot with Paul O'Grady hadn't gone badly several years ago, he would have been worth a shot too. It could also have been the vehicle to bring Michael Barrymore back into the spotlight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever they say " nothing will ever be the same as before"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used too get her mixed up with Liza Tarbuck.