JLS splitting up

Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
Forum Member
Gordon Smart ‏@gordonsmart 10m
@JLSOfficial fans in shock, an official statement from the band will be released tomorrow morning plus full interviews in The Sun...

Oh well - how long before the reunion tour is under way?

Comments

• ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will comeback no doubt. They all get on.
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why though? It seems a bit random... I'm wondering if maybe Marvin didn't want to be a part of the band because of him starting a family?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm surprised they didn't bring out a greatest hits album first.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Well, I'm surprised they didn't bring out a greatest hits album first.

Apparently they are along with a farewell tour.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen90 wrote: »
    Why though? It seems a bit random... I'm wondering if maybe Marvin didn't want to be a part of the band because of him starting a family?

Err, they're not selling any records. My guess is their contract would not have been renewed.Their last single reached the dizzy heights of 112.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this in the predictions for 2013 thread. I'm not that disappointed as they will eventually get back together, but at the moment they all have their separate projects to work on and their last era wasn't as successful.

I think Aston may launch a solo career in the near future. They've achieved so much as a band so good luck to them all. :)
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full story http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4900577/jls-split-after-five-years.html I saw this happening they a good run as a band and had great sucess they should be proud. I reckon Aston will try and go solo as well maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No great surprise. The writing was on the wall when one one of them recently took a job on Capital presenting a show. The most recent album and single were poor and flopped. Like another poster has just said, the record label probably dropped them.

Bit of a shame though, they could have been so much better than they were imo, a lot of their 'earlier' stuff was pretty solid.

- tim
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best boyband to come out of X Factor IMO

A lot of their singles were alright catchy songs aswell.

I even thought their last single the one that went to #112 was ok aswell lol
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No great surprise. The writing was on the wall when one one of them recently took a job on Capital presenting a show. The most recent album and single were poor and flopped. Like another poster has just said, the record label probably dropped them.

Bit of a shame though, they could have been so much better than they were imo, a lot of their 'earlier' stuff was pretty solid.

- tim

There most recent album reached number 3 and HGITW and proud both reached number 6, I'd hardly say they 'flopped.' Fair enough Hold Me Down flopped but that whole era wasn't a failure.

Anyway they've had a good run, reading the full article it was a sensible decision to make as they're all moving on with their life's. I have to admit after been a massive fan I started losing interest with their 3rd album but I'm still a bit upset they've actually split :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There most recent album reached number 3 and HGITW and proud both reached number 6, I'd hardly say they 'flopped.' Fair enough Hold Me Down flopped but that whole era wasn't a failure.

Anyway they've had a good run, reading the full article it was a sensible decision to make as they're all moving on with their life's. I have to admit after been a massive fan I started losing interest with their 3rd album but I'm still a bit upset they've actually split :/

Chart positions are ok but its not about the position it's about how long the single and album stayed in the charts. Answer is Not very long. Neither sold well at all compared to their earlier stuff. So yes it was a flop.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad but the right decision. Age wise they are no longer a boy band and with their last record flopping then it was time to go. They have had a good run for 5 years fora boy band

I do hope they have long solo careers . They deserve it for keeping grounded and still the nice boys from 5 years ago.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I definitely saw this called in a prediction thread on here and someone told them they were wrong because they had a tour at the end of the year.... Oh.... lol

Anyway, I think it's definitely the right decision. They've had some really good songs but they'd run their course and going out now is probably for the best.

Them stopping now will probably mean Aston can establish a decent solo career too.

Good luck to them all.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there still better than one direction will ever be tbh...
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Their last single reached the dizzy heights of 112.

That's one heck of a flop for such a previously successful band. I don't think I even heard the song anywhere.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    A little sad, but well done to them for 5 great years.

I can't see us seeing JB or Ortise much unless they do SCD/DOI/Splash/CBB/IAC etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splitting is definitely a nicer way to end than being dropped, and I'm glad that's what has happened to be honest. They're still one of the better X Factor success stories even if they probably are/were past their best now. Can't say I'll especially miss them though. They all seemed really nice people, but I found most of their stuff terrible (especially the club is alive - that really was dire imo). But I'm sure Aston and Marvin will still have their names out there for a while yet, and the other two will probably do ok too. I think the one (Oritise?) manages so he can probably do that full time now.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Really shocked by this! I knew they were not as popular, but didn't expect them to split! :eek:

I thought they wanted to do 10 albums?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Really shocked by this! I knew they were not as popular, but didn't expect them to split! :eek:

I thought they wanted to do 10 albums?

Wanting to and being able to are two different things. If their label dropped them and they couldn't find another deal then they wouldn't have been able to.
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Wanting to and being able to are two different things. If their label dropped them and they couldn't find another deal then they wouldn't have been able to.

They werent dropped. The five year contract they had after XF is coming to an end. Its either the record comany doesnt want them anymore which would be silly considering their sold out tours and only only one uncuccessful (commercially) album - look at Alexandra's sophomore album - it was way less successful and still she's in the game or they just wanted a break like Take That. .
    I just hope that some of them (Aston) will launch solo careers and some of them (JB) come out:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was pretty obvious this was gonna happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konofilius wrote: »
    They werent dropped. The five year contract they had after XF is coming to an end. Its either the record comany doesnt want them anymore which would be silly considering their sold out tours and only only one uncuccessful (commercially) album - look at Alexandra's sophomore album - it was way less successful and still she's in the game or they just wanted a break like Take That. .
    I just hope that some of them (Aston) will launch solo careers and some of them (JB) come out:)

The label doesn't make money from a tour. The band and their management does. They were dropped in the real sense of the word. Their contract wasn't renewed when it could have been. And as for the last comment do you personally know JB is gay. Or is it just wishful thinking? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least they can end on a high. I mean, they did try to break America and that didn't work for them. So I think they may have been getting a little bored with releasing single after single just for UK fans and not really having any progress elsewhere.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there still better than one direction will ever be tbh...

tsk tsk... no baby no...:mad: