Digital Camera - help!

Don't know whether or not this is the right place to post about Digital Cameras, but I'm sure it will be moved if it's not.

Basically I haven't really got a clue about Digital Cameras and I need to buy one. My limit is £100 and I've sort of narrowed it down to two models:

Olympus FE115

Vivitar Vivicam 5385

I've used a Vivitar camera before and was impressed by the photo quality, yet I've heard that Olympus is a good brand.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks,

Martin

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MjW5 wrote:
    Don't know whether or not this is the right place to post about Digital Cameras, but I'm sure it will be moved if it's not.

Basically I haven't really got a clue about Digital Cameras and I need to buy one. My limit is £100 and I've sort of narrowed it down to two models:

Olympus FE115

Vivitar Vivicam 5385

I've used a Vivitar camera before and was impressed by the photo quality, yet I've heard that Olympus is a good brand.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks,

Martin

I can't find any reviews - though some info
    Here and you might want to look on Steve's digicams

does your £100 include memory cards? you will need one otherwise you won't be able to take a lot of pictures and you need to consider batteries - I like the cameras that use AA NiHM rechargeable

For £100 I would be tempted to buy -Z20 or drop down to a 4MP camera - you won't notice the difference in image size - but it opens the available cameras.

But for the two you mentioned I would go for the Olympus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info,

Couldn't believe the price for the ZP20 so I've ordered one of those!

Thanks again,

Martin