Margaret Berger - I Feed You My Love

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I saw this on the Eurovision and wow, what an incredible song, so different to everything else, it should've won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIJWwUOo_-I

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    If it wasn't entered in Eurivosion I could imagine this being on the Capital/R1 playlist
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have won. I voted for it.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is great! Why can't we try putting a serious song like that into Eurovision?
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite song from Eurovision. Incredible!! I know a lot of people say Eurovision songs are cheesy, but this really stood out in all the right ways. This song could do really really well in UK if really promoted
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me of Amelia Lily, though strictly in looks!
    I thought she deserved to do well at Eurovision. Well performed, interesting song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song itself is nothing wildly original but it certainly stood out from the other songs at Eurovision, and is a pretty good electropop track. I could see it doing quite well in the charts, and I'm glad it did well on Saturday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    As far as Eurovision songs go this is really good.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this on the Eurovision and wow, what an incredible song, so different to everything else, it should've won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIJWwUOo_-I

You should check out her first two albums.

Pretty Scary Silver Fairy 2006
    Chameleon 2004

"Will You Remember Me' and "Lifetime Guarantee" are good songs.

Here is the official video for "Feed You My Love".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgGiBRj0yns

I loved the song too and checked her out, and she's got a really good style.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really reminded me of "The World is Not Enough" by Garbage. It had that bond theme feel to it.
    I love the lyrics, except the title line, it just seems strange... I don't get it.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a big Margaret Berger fan since I heard 'Samantha' and then her Pretty Scary Sliver Fairy album which is quite an underrated gem.

I thought I Feed You My Love deserved to win, and does seem like something BBC Radio one would eat up if it wasn't a Eurovision song. Was quite shocked the song received no points from the UK, mind!

I am now eagerly awaiting her third album and hope her top four placing has giving the initiative to release it across Europe. Glad to see her back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love it and it deserves all the plaudits it is getting. It kind of reminds me of a Within Temptation song, but more synth-driven than heavy guitar-driven.

I wouldn't be particularly confident about it doing well in the charts here, as it didn't score any points at all in Eurovision from the UK and Ireland :mad: Maybe the 'music professional panel'(which included Tony Blackburn :rolleyes: ) were more responsible for that than the voters, though.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love it and it deserves all the plaudits it is getting. It kind of reminds me of a Within Temptation song, but more synth-driven than heavy guitar-driven.

I wouldn't be particularly confident about it doing well in the charts here, as it didn't score any points at all in Eurovision from the UK and Ireland :mad: Maybe the 'music professional panel'(which included Tony Blackburn :rolleyes: ) were more responsible for that than the voters, though.

The fact it's the second highest on iTunes suggests out jury was to blame. I think it will have been top 3 or 4 in our televote.

Why on earth do we have to 70+ year olds on the jury:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    The fact it's the second highest on iTunes suggests out jury was to blame. I think it will have been top 3 or 4 in our televote.

Is it really? That's fantastic :)

Yeah, without sounding ageist, I don't know how people of that age(Tony Blackburn is 80+, I think :eek: ) can judge these things objectively.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Just goes to show why we keep doing so badly if we don't recognise a great song like this.

It at least deserves 10 points from us, if not 12.

BTW Margaret is definitely better as a blond. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also recommend Charlotte Thorstvedt – ‘Arrhythmia’ Margaret does the vocal on it. It has that 90s Chill out rave vibe.
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had heard some other Margaret Berger songs before but I'd never liked them. I was more than pleasantly surprised at I Feed You My Love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bought this today hope it gets in the top 40 - much better than Only Teardrops i think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Never heard of the artist before but it was a great song.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have won. It was way to good for the competition. I've listen to her second album, which is a awesome elector-pop.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for it too! But I'm pretty sure in the UK vote on the night it wasnt even placed. Bought the song too, awesome Bond-feel to it.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for it too! But I'm pretty sure in the UK vote on the night it wasnt even placed. Bought the song too, awesome Bond-feel to it.

I have a feeling it was voted high on the televote but our jury(which included Tony Blackburn) wiped it out by ranking it in the low teens or 20's
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's apparently some controversy about the votes and the voting system and the BBC refusing to give out the voting results and percentages...apparently in Italy their televoting was completely cancelled out by the jury voting.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this song straight away, definitely should have won.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's apparently some controversy about the votes and the voting system and the BBC refusing to give out the voting results and percentages...apparently in Italy their televoting was completely cancelled out by the jury voting.

The Romanian diaspora voting was effectively cancelled out by the Jury vote, they changed the system so juries rank the countries from 1-26 in the final or 1 - 16/17 in the semifinals and this counteracted many diaspora votes and made all the ex Yugoslav countries miss the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Margaret has a new single out 'Human Race'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlL-qlK9lc

It is similar to 'I Feed You My Love', if the album is in a similar style then I'll be getting it.