sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whats better

Comments

• AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all good phones entirely down to personal preference.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Whats better

Better in what way?
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Better in what way?

I'm in a similar situation

In terms of browsing, listening to music, applications and just general use
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the htc one....but what's putting me off is the poor battery I am told
    Forum Member
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation

In terms of browsing, listening to music, applications and just general use

Basically all the same as they are top of the range devices. Mainly comes down to screen size really. The bigger the screen the better it is for internet use.
  • digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the Note 3 and wouldn't swap. Also little benefits like the 4K camera recording which give it the edge
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Note 3 better than the HTC - Then decide what screen size you prefer from N3 or G2 as both excellent phones.

Personally I would go N3 but the g2 cheaper, but get a 32gb model if you can.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Note 3 better than the HTC - Then decide what screen size you prefer from N3 or G2 as both excellent phones.

Personally I would go N3 but the g2 cheaper, but get a 32gb model if you can.

I can't get a 32gb version

none of the contract providers are selling 32gb lg g2's....
    also don't you find the note too big especially to hold and make calls?
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can handle the size of the Note 3 I would say that.

If you can don't need a battery you can swap and 32gb of memory if fine for you I would say the G2.

Both great phones but not in my list due to the above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can handle the size of the Note 3 I would say that.

If you can don't need a battery you can swap and 32gb of memory if fine for you I would say the G2.

Both great phones but not in my list due to the above.

G2 comes in 16gb. None of the mobile providers well 32gb versions

What's your list lol?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 32gb LG G2 is coming today :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G2 comes in 16gb. None of the mobile providers well 32gb versions

What's your list lol?!?

I've seen some people have bought the 32gb version for under £390 off the Internet.

Must admit there are not really any phones I want that are out at the moment (maybe the S4 at a push but that's getting old now).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some people have bought the 32gb version for under £390 off the Internet.

Must admit there are not really any phones I want that are out at the moment (maybe the S4 at a push but that's getting old now).

this is my point

i am due an upgrade and my phone is kinda old now....
    but like you said there are no phones that are appealing

The htc one is old, i think the note 3 may be too big, the LG G2 comes in only 16gb which isn't enough memory for such a device whilst the nexus 5 has poor battery life which isn't good enough for me.

People may say ''wait till next year'' but how long will i be waiting for? Till next mark, april...may...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is no point getting the htc one now is there with a new htc one coming out soon?
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the htc one....but what's putting me off is the poor battery I am told

I own the HTC One,and get at least two days,sometimes three between charges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is no point getting the htc one now is there with a new htc one coming out soon?

4 months away at least same with the S4 replacement.
    How about the Sony Z1 just released has an sd card slot too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxeVictim wrote: »
    4 months away at least same with the S4 replacement.
    How about the Sony Z1 just released has an sd card slot too.
    I don't like the z1 tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiwigi wrote: »
    I use the Note 3 and wouldn't swap. Also little benefits like the 4K camera recording which give it the edge

Same here, had mine's a couple of weeks and love it. Does everything I need it to do and more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, had mine's a couple of weeks and love it. Does everything I need it to do and more.

how do you cope with the size or do you have big hands lol?
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've asked a few times "how do you cope etc?". The HTC One and LG G2 and Note 3 are all relatively large(r) phones, but manageable. I've ordinary sized hands and my Note 1 (marginally smaller than the N3) is fine. But expect to use these devices as two-handed affairs, in the main. That's the trade off for huge screen estate and good browsing / media consumption and content creation.

Have you actually held one / gone into a shop and picked one up? No point in keep on asking others how they cope as we're all different and usability will be different.

Go try for yourself and/or seek out the gazillion YouTube reviews of the Note 3.
    Forum Member

It's smaller than a 7" tablet - and they are easy to use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    You've asked a few times "how do you cope etc?". The HTC One and LG G2 and Note 3 are all relatively large(r) phones, but manageable. I've ordinary sized hands and my Note 1 (marginally smaller than the N3) is fine. But expect to use these devices as two-handed affairs, in the main. That's the trade off for huge screen estate and good browsing / media consumption and content creation.

Have you actually held one / gone into a shop and picked one up? No point in keep on asking others how they cope as we're all different and usability will be different.

Go try for yourself and/or seek out the gazillion YouTube reviews of the Note 3.

Yeah good point.. the note 3 is much better than the LG G2 and HTC One though but i get you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have really small hands and I need to use both of them to use it, which doesn't bother me as I've always used both hands for every phone I've had. I could never just use one hand the way some people do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is my point

i am due an upgrade and my phone is kinda old now....
    but like you said there are no phones that are appealing

The htc one is old, i think the note 3 may be too big, the LG G2 comes in only 16gb which isn't enough memory for such a device whilst the nexus 5 has poor battery life which isn't good enough for me.

People may say ''wait till next year'' but how long will i be waiting for? Till next mark, april...may...?

Are you really that desperate for a new phone?

I've got the S3 and although I really want a new phone I'm going on a rolling 39 day SIM deal until a phobe that I really want is out.

I may be happy for a few months if I got a new phone now but will be disappointed in a few months when something new is out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really that desperate for a new phone?

I've got the S3 and although I really want a new phone I'm going on a rolling 39 day SIM deal until a phobe that I really want is out.

I may be happy for a few months if I got a new phone now but will be disappointed in a few months when something new is out.

yeah my iPhone is failing apart and constantly freezes
    i need a new phone by the end of the next week