Oh how I will laugh when this lot get nicked

Comments

• AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liloleme wrote: »
    Not true at all, perhaps that's all you are able to read? :)

It's a bit of a recurring theme.
  • LilolemeLiloleme Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    It's a bit of a recurring theme.

It's almost as if other people are responding to it and I am replying to them.

No wait it isn't "like" that it's exactly that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    i would like to add my 2 pence worth on this

my other half was working at mcdonalds up until early feb when she went on maternity leave she came home often telling me of how she had abuse from customers either trying to chat her up then turning nasty when she told them she wasn't interested people seem to think that all mcdonalds employees are stupid teens with no qualifications but this couldn't be further from the truth as she has a 1st in business and management from leeds met uni she only continued to work at mcdonalds as she knew she was pregnant and would be entitled to maternity pay these youths or chavs (yes i said chavs but i live just outside a rough estate and grew up on an estate so i reserve the right to use the term) are just animals who think they are big and clever while in a group but then s**t themselves when confronted alone by a man to explain and justify there actions they are all cowards when alone and should have whatever benefits stopped or actually be punished by there parents! if not then into the army for 6 months in iraq or afgan to show them real discipline

sorry for the long post but had to get that off my chest
    Forum Member
    Well if you're ever placed in that position, maybe i'll ask you again afterwards ..

I have been in a very similar position. It wasn't nice at the time but nothing happened and now I tell it as an amusing story.

I could tell the story but it's rather long winded. Short Version- It involved me being screamed at and intimidated by gang of Travellers who set up shop on our works car park while there was only me and one other girl working.

You know what tickles me? The people in this thread claiming it's the middle-class-softies who hand wave this behaviour, in fact I wonder just how sheltered one has to be to find this stuff so shocking.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's natural Wigan reaction to a food establishment that doesn't sell pies.

Nothing as sacred to Wigan folk as their pies.

:D
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost as if other people are responding to it and I am replying to them.

No wait it isn't "like" that it's exactly that.

Yes... I responded to patronising comments about this not being a big deal... It's exactly like that. Seeing things like this happen and having a problem with it doesn't mean people are unaware of bigger issues in the world - nor that they are sheltered. That's all. Carry on "engaging with people".
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in fact I wonder just how sheltered one has to be to find this stuff so shocking.

It's nothing to do with it being "shocking", it's the dismissal of it as "no big deal". I'm quite sure it was a big deal to the people on the receiving end. And as you've said, at the time of your incident, it wasn't particularly nice so i'm sure at the time you didn't think it wasn't a big deal either.
    Forum Member
    It's nothing to do with it being "shocking", it's the dismissal of it as "no big deal". I'm quite sure it was a big deal to the people on the receiving end. And as you've said, at the time of your incident, it wasn't particularly nice so i'm sure at the time you didn't think it wasn't a big deal either.

I am really sick of the phrase "big deal" now, for one thing it's not really measurable and I really can't carry on a debating using such a subjective term.

Let me clarify, the posts where people suggest punishments like being sent to warzones etc are way way way over the top. I would get those kids and make them clean all the chewing gum and **** ends from outside the McDonalds every Saturday for a month and I would make them right a letter apologising to the staff. Anything beyond that would be an over reaction.
    Forum Member
    I am really sick of the phrase "big deal" now, for one thing it's not really measurable and I really can't carry on a debating using such a subjective term.

Let me clarify, the posts where people suggest punishments like being sent to warzones etc are way way way over the top. I would get those kids and make them clean all the chewing gum and **** ends from outside the McDonalds every Saturday for a month and I would make them right a letter apologising to the staff. Anything beyond that would be an over reaction.

it may be an over reaction in your eyes but to the poor old lady that these animals are kicking cans at every evening it would be getting them off lightly! you obviously haven't had the pleasure of meeting so called people like these before they go on about no one giving them there due respect but thats earned not just given!

they have no morals manners or common sense
    Forum Member
    it may be an over reaction in your eyes but to the poor old lady that these animals are kicking cans at every evening it would be getting them off lightly! you obviously haven't had the pleasure of meeting so called people like these before they go on about no one giving them there due respect but thats earned not just given!

they have no morals manners or common sense

Met them, worked with them, dated them, been attacked by them, was one.

By "them" of course I mean working class teenager who is a bit of a nob.

Nothing in that video suggests that the majority of those kids are anything other than cocky gobshites who will grow out of it.
  • dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly anything will happen to em, Maybe just a fine if that, Time to bring back the Birch, Or is that still considered too barbaric:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Met them, worked with them, dated them, been attacked by them, was one.

By "them" of course I mean working class teenager who is a bit of a nob.

Nothing in that video suggests that the majority of those kids are anything other than cocky gobshites who will grow out of it.

so your admitting to behaving in a similar way to those in the video????

and you somehow condone the behaviour as so you put it they will grow out of it?
    Forum Member
    so your admitting to behaving in a similar way to those in the video????

Yep.
    and you somehow condone the behaviour

No.

And yes they will probably grow out of it.
    Forum Member
    Yep.

No.

And yes they will probably grow out of it.

i cant see how you are trying to make a valid point are you saying your now a reformed chav or that you think im a snob for calling the people in the video chavs?
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish that the people who so easily dismiss behaviour such as this in a transparently desperate attempt to appear cool, would realise that they are a huge part of the problem.
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly anything will happen to em, Maybe just a fine if that, Time to bring back the Birch, Or is that still considered too barbaric:rolleyes:

Hey! I suggested bringing back the birch earlier... before realising that not only was it "too good for these yobs", but also a highly unlikely cure for all of society's problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That might well be the case and I take your word on that. I find it interesting of course.

But I'm not referring to cases where kids are bad enough to get locked up. More that on the whole kids lack a respect for other people outside of their own miopic view of the world.

I live near 3 high schools and a couple of primary schools. I really haven't encountered any disrespect from the kids that I pass on the road and many of them move out of the way when I have my double pram or offer me seats if they are standing in the buggy/disabled area of the tram.

What those kids in Wigan did was obviously wrong and stupid. However, I've told off kids for acting the fool in a McDonald's twice (each time it was a group of boys) and they blamed each other. I'm not particularly scary or anything.

I've dicked around as a teenager and was likely a complete asshole at time. It doesn't excuse what these kids do and I didn't do anything like that, but I'm embarrased at the things I've done.

They should face the law, do some community service and pay a fine. They should also be barred from the place.

One thing-- I wonder if people didn't look down on McDonald's employees would these kids have felt so bold to act as they did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical scum. They are exactly the people who dropped out of school at 16, with no regard for themselves or others. Nihilstic youth culture is to blame.

We ought to rid society of the lower classes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i cant see how you are trying to make a valid point are you saying your now a reformed chav or that you think im a snob for calling the people in the video chavs?

Perhaps their parents have no idea how twattish their kids were acting. My mom's a former deb and my dad had a high paying job and I got up to some completely stupid shit as a teenager. They had no idea and 20 years later, they still don't. My mother would have beat the black off me for being loud and sweary on buses had she known.
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    I just wish that the people who so easily dismiss behaviour such as this in a transparently desperate attempt to appear cool, would realise that they are a huge part of the problem.

They never will, and as a result I personally think they're more dangerous than the ones actually carrying out this behaviour.

It's more than a little worrying.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Miss Hyde wrote: »
    There is a good reason why they advertise on the Jeremy Kyle ad breaks. Im sure most of them have appeared on the show at some stage.

Sean Lock did a gag where he said to get the people and audience on the Jeremy Kyle show, they went down to Argos with a great big net.
    I think he might have to rewrite the gag for mcDonalds.:rolleyes:
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They never will, and as a result I personally think they're more dangerous than the ones actually carrying out this behaviour.

Yikes! We've already used the birch, military detention and hanging on those singing loudly in McD's... are there any suitable punishments left for these dastardly villains? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yikes! We've already used the birch, military detention and hanging on those singing loudly in McD's... are there any suitable punishments left for these dastardly villains? :eek:

I seem to know of a few that got dressed in £3K suits, behaved in a worse manner than the Wigan lot and then went on to become the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Mayor of London. There's hope for the Wigan lot.
  • Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like any typical place after throwing out time, however the reasons for this 'mob' can be anything from a gripe against the establishment for a employee being sacked, certain offers that were on and weren't met, something a staff member could have said/done, a local rave nearby and the eejits were forced out into the premises, or of course just mindless idiots, drunk or otherwise.

As always with the press they rarely come straightforwards with the facts, as it's more newsworthy to instill that 'fear factor' during random events such as these.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press_Esc wrote: »
    Looks like any typical place after throwing out time, however the reasons for this 'mob' can be anything from a gripe against the establishment for a employee being sacked, certain offers that were on and weren't met, something a staff member could have said/done, a local rave nearby and the eejits were forced out into the premises, or of course just mindless idiots, drunk or otherwise.

As always with the press they rarely come straightforwards with the facts, as it's more newsworthy to instill that 'fear factor' during random events such as these.

I imagine it wasn't very difficult to 'instill the fear factor' into those poor unfortunates working there that day, and none of the reasons you offered comes close to justifying the cowardly harassment of the staff.