Incompatible disc issue (for copying purposes)

I wonder if the kind people 'resident' here can help. I need to copy a NTSC DVD to either my hard drive or direct to disc. The message I am getting is "Cannot copy. TV system of disc is incompatible. Please insert a compatible disc."
My equipment is a Panasonic TV model TX -46510B and a Panasonic Blu-ray disc recorder DMRBWT-720.
Is there an answer please? Thanks in advance for your time.

I would add that I can play the disc.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect you've answered your own question. It's NTSC and fairly obviously the machine cannot copy it to the hard drive. That will be down to the firmware in the recorder and there is probably nothing you can do about that.

The only possible alternative may be to use a computer and suitable software to rip the DVD to the computer hard drive and then burn the resulting files back to DVD.

Obviously if the disk you are trying to copy is a copyrighted movie/TV disk then you won't be doing any of this anyway as that would be very naughty wouldn't it :D
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks. What a shame! No, not naughty..........I am clean living (!) it is a football game (what a surprise!)
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No manufacturer could allow a machine to be put on sale that would allow you to become a pirate as the court actions by the disc manufacturer would be very expensive . The Pana machines put that message on screen - the message could be more explanatory though .

PS your TV model is a 46s10 not 46510 LOL
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks. What a shame! No, not naughty..........I am clean living (!) it is a football game (what a surprise!)

If it's not a commercial disc then you should be able to copy the disc on a PC.

Try

http://www.imgburn.com/

Burn a disc image on your PC and use the same software to burn the image to a DVD blank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iangrad wrote: »
    No manufacturer could allow a machine to be put on sale that would allow you to become a pirate as the court actions by the disc manufacturer would be very expensive . The Pana machines put that message on screen - the message could be more explanatory though .

Thanks. It is the eyes........!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not a commercial disc then you should be able to copy the disc on a PC.

Try

http://www.imgburn.com/

Burn a disc image on your PC and use the same software to burn the image to a DVD blank.

I will - thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...........though it looks complicated to my simple mind!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iangrad wrote: »

It appears piracy isn't an issue here :confused:. Merely the limitations of a UK based 720 x 576 25fps DVDR (PAL based). A PC won't have any such restrictions, no problem in copying a non CSS protected disc with 720 x 480 29.97fps content (NTSC based).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not- it is simply a football game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not- it is simply a football game.

Doesn't really help very much. Where did the disk you wan't to copy come from ?

How was it recorded ? (friends/relations in NTSC countries like the US for instance)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, NTSC in Canada via beIN.