Do you think Tinie Tempah is talented?

jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He has had success so was wondering your opinions?

Comments

• ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say he is talented. His rhymes seem kind of clever. Although I'm not sure if he is any good at freestyling.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will let you know in about 10 years after all lthe "Rolling Stones" as still selling venues out in 5 mins after 50 years ,if he can in a few years time he would have made it.:D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think out of all the UK rappers in the charts he is my favourite his debut album was really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will let you know in about 10 years after all lthe "Rolling Stones" as still selling venues out in 5 mins after 50 years ,if he can in a few years time he would have made it.:D

That is completely irrelevant to the question at hand. OP asked if he was talented, not if he was popular or will continue to be so in the future.

To answer the question, he is talented at what he does. He isn't an MC, but his rhymes are okay. He is definitely lacking in material for new subject matter, though. Wretch, Chip, and even Pro Green have more artistry, IMO. Even though Pro Green has an annoying voice most of the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    That is completely irrelevant to the question at hand. OP asked if he was talented, not if he was popular or will continue to be so in the future.

To answer the question, he is talented at what he does. He isn't an MC, but his rhymes are okay. He is definitely lacking in material for new subject matter, though. Wretch, Chip, and even Pro Green have more artistry, IMO. Even though Pro Green has an annoying voice most of the time.

Not so talented people have a long shelf life has he i wonder.

In that case the question is relevant.

Just how talented is he i wonder?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not so talented people have a long shelf life has he i wonder.

In that case the question is relevant.

Just how talented is he i wonder?

There are tons of talented people who have no shelf life. Being talented doesn't mean people will like you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are tons of talented people who have no shelf life. Being talented doesn't mean people will like you.

yes i agree but they are more likely to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i agree but they are more likely to.

it still doesnt answer the question though because there are plenty of untalented people with longevity. Rihanna has been in the industry longer than some dream to be and she isnt the first person that comes to mind when thinking of talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it still doesnt answer the question though because there are plenty of untalented people with longevity. Rihanna has been in the industry longer than some dream to be and she isnt the first person that comes to mind when thinking of talent.

Fair enough i agree but i am into heavy metal and believe me if you have no talent you do not last.

Cannot answer the question as most of the music now is driven by "Ad men" not talent.

Thanks for the reply though.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes without doubt.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I would say he is talented. His rhymes seem kind of clever. Although I'm not sure if he is any good at freestyling.

+1 I agree.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was thinking the same thing
  • Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »

"If I told her I'm a boxer, would she let me down her knickers"

"I been South Hampton but I've never been to Scunthorpe"

Yes, very clever. :rolleyes:
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems talented, but it will be interesting to see how long he lasts? Hopefully a long while.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is lyrically awful and it is an insult he is labelled as a rapper with those type of lyrics
    He is mostly outshone by his guests in his songs.

If you took away the chorus sung by Kelly rowland and Ellie goulding in the songs invincible and Wonderman, they would be terrible songs because he can't glue together a great song without the need of a more talented artist than him.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he is talented but he has something that works I guess.

I have noticed with his recent singles that there is a lot of repetitive stuff going on and quite honestly, though I'd love to be proved wrong, I really think his debut with 'Pass Out' 'Frisky' was his peek.