X Factor Auditions With Audience

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just received this email from ApplauseStore
As you joined our reserve list we are informing you FIRST about the free ticket release for THE X FACTOR JUDGE AUDITIONS 2013!

HOWEVER BEFORE WE CAN BOOK YOU IN, PLEASE READ ALL OF BELOW:

This year there have been some really exciting changes to the format of show and ALL AUDITIONS (with an audience) WILL ONLY TAKE PLACE IN LONDON!

Now all nationwide contestants will be performing at Wembley Arena!

so no nationwide audience auditions this year, just London

Comments

• Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that makes sense, im guessing it will be like bootvamp now then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that makes sense, im guessing it will be like bootvamp now then

yeah, wonder if one of the changes is "bootcamp" has been scrapped?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are doing these arena auditions because people didn't like people getting cut at boomcamp before they even sang, if they are still doing bootcamp if means that all contestants will at least get a fair chance this season.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    So the closed auditions are the official audition stage now. This is the next stage, and obviously there are less contestants now, so it makes sense for them to have just one venue.

So, less chance of any contestants being heckled at the live auditions, because they'd have gotten rid of all the contestants they don't want beforehand.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks to me like they've just renamed "bootcamp" to "2nd audition" or the "next stage", as bootcamp usually takes place in London and has had an audience.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It looks to me like they've just renamed "bootcamp" to "2nd audition" or the "next stage", as bootcamp usually takes place in London and has had an audience.

Didn't they state that there is still bootcamp, just the 'double audition' format?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kids can be in the audience now
    FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE X FACTOR JUDGE AUDITIONS 2013 AGE LIMIT HAS CHANGED - AUDIENCE MEMBERS NEED TO BE ONLY 12+!

Limited FREE tickets still remain for some sessions next week so get in there quick! to be sure to join us there along with Gary, Nicole, Sharon and Louis! - and the exciting news is that audience members of 12 YEARS AND ABOVE ARE NOW WELCOME!

PLEASE HURRY - THE SHOW FILMS FROM MONDAY to THURSDAY NEXT WEEK!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ That's got to be so they can fill the arenas with screaming adolescent girls, giving the boybands a boost.
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ That's got to be so they can fill the arenas with screaming adolescent girls, giving the boybands a boost.

That's if we get any (I want a break from boybands this year TBF), considering it's been reported they haven't found many decent groups this year ;)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I wonder if by decent they mean talented or attractive. Probably the latter! Still, the girls in the audience aren't fussy. They'll practically scream for anything young and remotely male.
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ I wonder if by decent they mean talented or attractive. Probably the latter! Still, the girls in the audience aren't fussy. They'll practically scream for anything young and remotely male.

I hope they don't edit them as bad as BGT, where suddenly during the middle of the performance you see the audience cheering as if the performance has ended.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested and asking people who have experience with going to the arena auditions:

So I've won tickets to go to the auditions on Monday morning at Wembley Arena. They say that the doors open at 10am - but obviously I know that I've got to be there earlier. How early should I arrive?

Once I go inside, how long will it be until the judges arrive, and how many auditions do you think I'll be seeing? What are people's experiences of going to the arena auditions in recent years?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I hope they don't edit them as bad as BGT, where suddenly during the middle of the performance you see the audience cheering as if the performance has ended.

Completely agree with this. Fed up of the screaming/cheering (in the wrong places) every time somebody hits a chuffing high note, FFS! :mad:
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Completely agree with this. Fed up of the screaming/cheering (in the wrong places) every time somebody hits a chuffing high note, FFS! :mad:

I'd like to see a whole live audition this year with no editing tricks - just using the footage from the actual audition.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I agree :) It wont happen though...