Justin Timberlake "Mirrors"

megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
Forum Member
✭✭
Brand new track from JT!!!!

pretty good! some people will say it sounds dated again though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U41KPUfOSFk

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I love it! :D

I do think it sounds like a song from the 00's though, but I still love it. It's nice that he's not taking the easy route.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to bother with a negative review of the song. It's obvious that this album will not interest me, so I'll just wait for the next one crossing my fingers that it will sound better and feel less contrived.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. I'm so happy JT is back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, it's good but not amazing. However it is a lot better than Suit & Tie. The only thing that I don't like is the length, way too long imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any one else think it sound like rehab
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it, it's good but not amazing. However it is a lot better than Suit & Tie. The only thing that I don't like is the length, way too long imo.

It's this album's What Goes Around Comes Back Around in terms of length.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errrrm.... I'm just not so sure about Justin Timberlake's new music. Personally I was underwhelmed with 'Suit & Tie' (Ft. Jay-Z) and this latest track 'Mirrors' is also pretty average and does nothing to get me excited about the forthcoming album. I definitely think JT should have experimented more with his sound and switched up a little to make the new music sound more fresh and less like his previous album. It seems like JT has created a signature sound.... but for me it's just a little too repetitive.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I love this can't wait for the album .
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I am in minority when I say I LOVED Suit and Tie... I like this one also and it is making me very excited for the album.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's awesome, so retro, loving his new style tbh.
    Oh, and today I found out the deluxe version of his album will have 12 tracks. I thought it was just gonna be 10 so I'm happy we'll be getting more.
  • megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i still think the best track so far is "pusher love girl" has that classic prince/mj vibe
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt he'll ever surpass Lovestoned/I think that she knows....great great song
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I know I am in minority when I say I LOVED Suit and Tie... I like this one also and it is making me very excited for the album.

I love it too and in fact all the new music so far and am very excited for 20/20 experience :( I love FS/LS and it was always going be hard to surpass but i like the new music and think it holds together wiht his other stuff and let's be honest he could never do a song as bad as i'm lovin it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love it i really liked S&T too but this shits all over that
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great song but ridiculously long. I like the odd long song but it adds nothing to the song at all. He did this quite a few times on his last album. I'll likely edit the song if i buy the album

I am liking the direction and sound he has gone with this album. It's different but still has the Urban elements he had in albums 1 and 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirrors should have really ended around the 4:50 mark... those final 3 minutes are absolutely pointless and add nothing to the song.

Prefer it to Suit & Tie though.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great song but ridiculously long. I like the odd long song but it adds nothing to the song at all. He did this quite a few times on his last album. I'll likely edit the song if i buy the album

I am liking the direction and sound he has gone with this album. It's different but still has the Urban elements he had in albums 1 and 2.

I think it worKed on FS/LS as they were interludes etc and wer different and added to the song as a whole but this does seem excessively long really looking forward to 20/20 Experience though :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not as good as his older songs, maybe a grower...