Celebs who's looks have improved with age!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I posted a pic a while back when her cheeks looked to be at bursting point. I mentioned in my post at the time that one of them looked like a cyst.

Unfortunately the photo is no longer available.

I think I remember this!
    I tried looking for it too when I wrote the post you quoted, but couldn't find it or another to illustrate the point. It seems every now and again her cheeks suddenly plump up, looking very natural, and this is why I think she isn't being honest when she says she doesn't use fillers. It's fits in with someone having them topped up.
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George cloony definitely gets better with age, he looked awful when he was younger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Aniston.

Looks much better now than she did in the early years of Friends (I didn't like the weird 90's hairstyle).

Also, Kaley Cuoco gets hotter all the time. ;)
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »

Liz Sladen.

Jenny Agutter.

Bonnie Langford.

(only a coincidence that two are Dr Who companions)

Elizabeth Sladen did look pretty good but it seems strange to include her in a list of people who are aging well when she's been dead for nearly 2 years.

Pretty easy not to age once you are dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Agree with Jennifer Aniston, Kayley Cucuco and George Clooney.

The picture of Cindy Jackson, I think she looks in her forties. (Albeit she's had work done so I'm not sure, she looks good for her age anyway, good for her!)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Easily Googled.

She's 56, and anyone would look that good after all the cosmetic surgery she's had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Jackson

http://www.cindyjackson.com/

Having the most cosmetic surgery in the world's nothing to be proud of imo.
  • ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Not that I'm a big fan of his, but, I think David Bowie has aged well. Not sure, if he has had work done, cosmetically, but he's looking good.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if she has had veneers or just had her natural teeth whitened?http://hot-searches.co.uk/tag/carol-vorderman-teeth

She claims not to use fillers but personally I think she does.

Not sure about the boob job as I'm struggling to find any older pics from her Countdown days to compare.

Searching the "name" and "teeth" will answer that question very easily.
    Forum Member
    Reddybook wrote: »
    Not that I'm a big fan of his, but, I think David Bowie has aged well. Not sure, if he has had work done, cosmetically, but he's looking good.

Agree, he looks great. Teeth done. Blimey, I think I'm obsessed with teeth today.....
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Kozlowski !
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Linda Kozlowski !

Doesn't even look like herself anymore. Why, oh why do women do this to themselves. Crazy:(
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't even look like herself anymore. Why, oh why do women do this to themselves. Crazy:(

She has had an excellent result though.

She makes paul hogan look like paul daniels' dad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »
    Elizabeth Sladen did look pretty good but it seems strange to include her in a list of people who are aging well when she's been dead for nearly 2 years.

Pretty easy not to age once you are dead.

I nearly made that remark myself...I went by the view that the thread is people who have aged well generally.

Clive Dunn never seemed to age...but he always looked 70!
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive noticed over the years that those people who have the stereotypical good looks (or what we consider in the west to be good looks) when young, ie the wide lips, baby looking face, big eyes, tend to look awful as they get older, think brigette bardot

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces, ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older

pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Jennifer Aniston.

Looks much better now than she did in the early years of Friends (I didn't like the weird 90's hairstyle).

Also, Kaley Cuoco gets hotter all the time. ;)

It's not that she looks better with age, it appears to me that she just stopped aging in her mid twenties. She's a freak of nature.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breege1 wrote: »
    It's not that she looks better with age, it appears to me that she just stopped aging in her mid twenties. She's a freak of nature.

She's still in her mid-20s-ish now isn't she? She's 27.
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    ive noticed over the years that those people who have the stereotypical good looks (or what we consider in the west to be good looks) when young, ie the wide lips, baby looking face, big eyes, tend to look awful as they get older, think brigette bardot

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces, ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older[/B

]pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger

I absolutely entirely agree with this. I have always considered good, strong bone structure to be key to maintaining looking good (taking away the option of surgery). Be that cheekbones, nose, chin, whatever. I find the whole symmetrical thing very offputting anyway.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I absolutely entirely agree with this. I have always considered good, strong bone structure to be key to maintaining looking good (taking away the option of surgery). Be that cheekbones, nose, chin, whatever. I find the whole symmetrical thing very offputting anyway.

Nope. It's plump cheeks, as Lorraine says.

Nowt to do with cheekbones because when muscle goes you are left with hawkish hollow cheeks.

If you keep your natural fat content on yer face (basically retain collagen for as long as possible) you can keep young-looking.

Facial exercise helps too to maintain muscle mass and form.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces, ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older

pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger

I agree, her face was less rounded with age and she had great cheekbones, mouth and eyes.

I also think Lorraine Kelly has improved with age.

Of the Take That boys Howard Donald has improved the most in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Nope. It's plump cheeks, as Lorraine says.

Nowt to do with cheekbones because when muscle goes you are left with hawkish hollow cheeks.

If you keep your natural fat content on yer face (basically retain collagen for as long as possible) you can keep young-looking.

Facial exercise helps too to maintain muscle mass and form.

I know being overweight helps because quite a lot of fat people look facially younger than their years. So, if a face is plump due to excess weight, then yes, that works Sorry, good bone structure is a factor and having good cheekbones helps I don't mean razor-sharp, I just mean having a structured look to your face, rather than that baby-doll face previously mentioned. You'd only be left with hawkish hollow cheeks if you were too thin anyway.

I have high-ish cheekbones, and trust me, they're keeping everything propped up and everyone says I look younger than my age (45). My dad also has the same cheekbone/facial structure and at 71 he looks nowhere near that either. No hollow look for either of us.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have high cheekbones and when i smile my cheeks look chipmonk like. I hate smiling in photos now, but as i get older im sure i will appreciate my apple cheeks.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    Pedro wrote: »
    Zoe Wannamaker.
    Isn't that after she's had some "work" done though? If so, that doesn't count.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Kevin Bacon. I always thought he was odd-looking (said the oil painting!) in his younger years but, having seen him frequently in those "mob-ul" adverts, he looks a lot better now.

I agree, his nose always alarmed me and made him look like a hog!
    Warren Beatty was stunning in his prime but each time I see him (usually at the Academy Awards/Golden Globes) he looks more and more grotesque and synthetic and is beginning to resemble an aged crash test dummy that's been left out in the sun! :eek:
    I hear that he's had so many facelifts...that he no longer needs to wear a tie (Let's hope he never has to attend an event in which a bow-tie is compulsory :p)