Shipwrecked - do you remember this happenning?

topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Something in real life made me think of this so just wondering if anyone else remembers

I only watched one series but there were tigers and sharks and sharks had this guy called Jeff and (i think) he was autistic and they made him live at the other side of the island on his own and completely blanked him when he came to get food everyday. Then the new recruits all chose the tigers cause of the way the sharks treated Jeff so they made him go home. It was so harsh i wonder what happened to him and if they now feel bad

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    what ever happend to shipwrecked?;o
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    Something in real life made me think of this so just wondering if anyone else remembers

I only watched one series but there were tigers and sharks and sharks had this guy called Jeff and (i think) he was autistic and they made him live at the other side of the island on his own and completely blanked him when he came to get food everyday. Then the new recruits all chose the tigers cause of the way the sharks treated Jeff so they made him go home. It was so harsh i wonder what happened to him and if they now feel bad

This series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipwrecked:_Battle_of_the_Islands_2006
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    what ever happend to shipwrecked?;o

It was cancelled for good after the last series did badly in the ratings. Also Channel 4 wanted to abandon reality shows for teens and Shpwrecked had to go. ( The fact it was utter crap didn't help).
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

I don't remember him being autistic, though he may have been. I don't recall that the show stated this? I do remember him being quite sneaky and trying to sabotage the team that he was on and when the other team heard of what he had done, they refused his request to defect to their team so he left
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also a twist when Jeff sister came to the islands after he'd left and withheld her identity. Think she picked same island Jeff was on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it was a poor attempt at mixing I'm A Celeb with Survivor. I'm surprised Channel 4 made seven series of it as the ratings for the last two fell to 300,000. Also a prize of £ 5000 wasn't tempting when other reality shows were offering twenty times this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much preferred BBC's Castaway series .
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember him being autistic. I didn't watch the first few episodes of that season though, so I'm not entirely sure why he was on his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    I much preferred BBC's Castaway series .

Surely not the 2007 remake, which sank without trace, but the 2000 one was good. Shipwrecked just didn't do anything for me and by the end most viewers.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member

he wasn't autistic, he had adhd. i have no idea why i remember that but i do lol oh dear.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I might have heard of it but I don't remember watching it as I'm not much of a reality TV person.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I remember he was a right idiot and brought it all on himself.

I used to love Shipwrecked! The whole Tigers vs Sharks thing. Hated the last one where it was just one island, think i lasted 2 weeks of it.

BRING IT BACK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I remember he was a right idiot and brought it all on himself.

I used to love Shipwrecked! The whole Tigers vs Sharks thing. Hated the last one where it was just one island, think i lasted 2 weeks of it.

BRING IT BACK.

No chance of it coming back now. Channel 4 cancelled it twice and gave it a third chance and when ratings failed to improve, ditched it permanently. Also since T4 has gone, I doubt reality shows aimed at the under 21s will be coming back.