Life after Prison Break

bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
Forum Member
✭✭
Please someone.. I need a really good box set to get me gripped like PB did. I am watching the whole set again now ..

I've tried the Wire - couldn't get into that at all. Don't know if it could partly be due to the fact I couldn't understand what half of the cast were saying! :confused:

Anyway, recommendations would be greatly appreciated guys, thank you.

I'm a young lady that just doesn't do soaps or reality tv :yawn: I need some action!

:)

Comments

• BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    You should check out the A&E show Breakout Kings if/when it comes to the UK. It's from the makers of Prison Break. One episode, "The Bag Man" references the show a lot and even brings back the character of T-Bag. If you like action, you'll love this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OMyhK_9lc
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Please someone.. I need a really good box set to get me gripped like PB did. I am watching the whole set again now ..

I've tried the Wire - couldn't get into that at all. Don't know if it could partly be due to the fact I couldn't understand what half of the cast were saying! :confused:

I'm a young lady that just doesn't do soaps or reality tv :yawn: I need some action!

Well, if you haven't seen it then 24 should be next for you. Start at season 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    If you like Prison Break you'll probably like Oz.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six Feet Under
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you haven't been watching Fringe you should give that a go. I'm pretty sure the first 2 series will be out on DVD.
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Well, if you haven't seen it then 24 should be next for you. Start at season 1.

Thanks for the tip :D

These all sound good, cheers everyone.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    You should check out the A&E show Breakout Kings if/when it comes to the UK. It's from the makers of Prison Break. One episode, "The Bag Man" references the show a lot and even brings back the character of T-Bag. If you like action, you'll love this show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OMyhK_9lc

Really, T-Bag? geeze I thought we'd seen the last of that douche, the character, not the actor. I think the actor is great but I was hoping that that pervert he played would have got what he deserved by now, by which I mean chopped into a million pieces or to be made the plaything of a particularly large and unsavory character.

At this rate they'll try to convince us that he's a reformed charcter and have him fighting crime :eek:
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »

I would recommend 24 then if its just action you like
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    Really, T-Bag? geeze I thought we'd seen the last of that douche, the character, not the actor. I think the actor is great but I was hoping that that pervert he played would have got what he deserved by now, by which I mean chopped into a million pieces or to be made the plaything of a particularly large and unsavory character.

At this rate they'll try to convince us that he's a reformed charcter and have him fighting crime :eek:
    Without giving too much away, I think you'll be satisfied with how things end for T-Bag in Breakout Kings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Breakout Kings really does take T-Bag back to his roots, so to speak.

I'd second the recommendation for 24 if you haven't seen it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, gonna put my Wire box set on ebay and buy 24 instead. Saw the trailer for Breakout Kings looks good.. Is T-Bag in it a lot though - is he a main character or does he just put in an appearance..?
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I thought everyone has seen 24 :eek: definetly 24 then, start at the beginning and enjoy the ride. I'll have your wire boxset if you want rid.:p
  • Jason GrimshawJason Grimshaw Posts: 13
    Forum Member

That is what exactly he is doing in the show haha!
    Nah the fact that every single person involved in the escape either died or were free (expect the fat guy... but he was sent to a OPEN prison with a reduced sentence)... he was the ONLY one to return to Fox River, the place he hates most!
  • Locke_JohnLocke_John Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost.

Or 24.
  • ZebsZebs Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell me you didn't actually like the last couple of series of Prison Break?
    Nooooooooooooooo???

First was great, second was pretty good, but what followed was dreadful as I remember - IMHO of course ;]

24 is a brilliant recommendation for you from the other posts above.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Locke_John wrote: »
    Lost.

Or 24.

I loved LOST but personally would not recommend it to anyone, to watch it from the start now, not knowing how it finished.

24 is really good.

I have to say the actor who plays T-Bag is brilliant, he was amazing it PB and was the only thing that kept me watching Heroes.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by which I mean chopped into a million pieces

Well he's been chopped into two pieces.

It's a start........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 > Prison Break. :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 if you liked PB, 24 is better

also the shield
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if any uk channel is going to show Breakout Kings? I caught an epsiode in the US last month & it looked half decent :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zebs wrote: »
    Tell me you didn't actually like the last couple of series of Prison Break?Nooooooooooooooo???

First was great, second was pretty good, but what followed was dreadful as I remember - IMHO of course ;]

24 is a brilliant recommendation for you from the other posts above.

Errrr YES! Not only me but loads of people liked it.. :) I loved the first series but the others are really good too.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    Ha, me too! Just been watching back from the beginning, already on S4!

T-Bag is hilarious as Cole Pfeiffer!
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP you sound just like me. I bought the entire series of Prison Break in the January sales and watched the lot in about a week (and i haven't recovered yet from that ending!!)

I went on to watch the first series of 24 but to be honest it left me cold and i haven't bothered getting any of the others. Can't really put my finger on what i didn't like about it but i found myself rolling my eyes several times and couldn't stop thinking that it wasn't a patch on PB.

I think my suggestion to try next would be Alias.
  • _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,721
    Forum Member
    Prison Break is trending on Twitter, 7th worldwide!! :eek:

That's pretty damn impressive for a show cancelled over 2 years ago...
    Forum Member
    Prison Break is trending on Twitter, 7th worldwide!! :eek:

That's pretty damn impressive for a show cancelled over 2 years ago...
    Why is it trending? :confused: Have I missed something?