Netflix is Coming

1323334353638»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    Is anyone else's Netflix constantly rebuffering? Mine just started doing it this week, it's been fine for 3 months.

I think the contents good. It could be better, but I'll give it time. I couldn't believe it had Melrose Place 2.0 :D I'm watching 90210 and The Hills now :D

Mine's been exactly the same, and today I noticed that the video quality was not so good at times.
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suedehead wrote: »
    Mine's been exactly the same, and today I noticed that the video quality was not so good at times.

That's been happening too, it goes from HD to normal all the time.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've not suffered any rebuffering myself on Wii and it's been on pretty much alot during the evenings.
    Quality wise looks the same as always, but then there's no HD on Wii.
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea i had some this morning (2am) kept stopping for 20 seconds then continued ok, about 4 time in total
    I was on the USA version
  • bazzer00bazzer00 Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    No probs with mine. Working fine all week.
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I posted in this thread before and not sure if I really got the answer I was looking for, anyway. How many seperate devices can I have on one account CAPABLE of using Netflix? For instance, we have one computer, two laptops, two phones, and two games consoles. Can all of these be used on one account or does it limit you to say, 4 devices? If it does limit you, is it easily changeable, for instance to delete the PS3 of as a registered device and add TiVo when the app becomes available?

Next is how many devices can you actually use to stream nextflix on at the same time. Say if I was upstairs and someone was downstairs, that's two, what if someone comes around and goes into a spare bedroom, can they be the third person or does it limit the amount of streams at one given time?

How does it work, by account or something like by IP address? Say if I go on holiday to another country, would I still be able to sign in on my account and watch some away from my usual internet connection?

Also, if I signup to Netflix using Facebook, does my Facebook login details then become my Netflix login details? If so, can this be changed easily or when signing up through Facebook, do you still have to create a username and password for Netflix?

Thanks for any answers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mythica wrote: »
    Hey, I posted in this thread before and not sure if I really got the answer I was looking for, anyway. How many seperate devices can I have on one account CAPABLE of using Netflix? For instance, we have one computer, two laptops, two phones, and two games consoles. Can all of these be used on one account or does it limit you to say, 4 devices? If it does limit you, is it easily changeable, for instance to delete the PS3 of as a registered device and add TiVo when the app becomes available?

Next is how many devices can you actually use to stream nextflix on at the same time. Say if I was upstairs and someone was downstairs, that's two, what if someone comes around and goes into a spare bedroom, can they be the third person or does it limit the amount of streams at one given time?

How does it work, by account or something like by IP address? Say if I go on holiday to another country, would I still be able to sign in on my account and watch some away from my usual internet connection?

Also, if I signup to Netflix using Facebook, does my Facebook login details then become my Netflix login details? If so, can this be changed easily or when signing up through Facebook, do you still have to create a username and password for Netflix?

Thanks for any answers.

It's something like 50 devices now.
    Forum Member

Thanks for any answers.
    As far as I'm aware you can have many devices linked, according to their FAQs you can only stream on 1 at a time, but I believe you can have 2 on the go at once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware you can have many devices linked, according to their FAQs you can only stream on 1 at a time, but I believe you can have 2 on the go at once.

Ok, thanks for your help, you to 'chocdoc'. Are you able to confirm whether you can stream two at once? It's a deal breaker for me really.
    Forum Member
    Ok, thanks for your help, you to 'chocdoc'. Are you able to confirm whether you can stream two at once? It's a deal breaker for me really.

To be honest with you, I will only do what you could do yourself and use Google to find the answer :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    To be honest with you, I will only do what you could do yourself and use Google to find the answer :)

Already done it and could not really find what I was looking for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm it does 2 as I do that all the time with the kids using it. Im pretty sure I've done 3 as well, to my two tv's and an xbox.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/netflix-now-lets-you-use-50-different-devices-to-stream-video.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    I can confirm it does 2 as I do that all the time with the kids using it. Im pretty sure I've done 3 as well, to my two tv's and an xbox.

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/netflix-now-lets-you-use-50-different-devices-to-stream-video.html

Cheers for that. Regarding your link and the 50 streaming devices, is this true for the UK Netflix as I presume that article is for the American one due to Netflix UK not being out when the article was written?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it matters.

I use US & UK Netflix.

I have it on my PS3, 360, PC, iPhone, iPad, and my wife's iPad.

Just give it a go! You get a trial...

Oh, and regarding your sign-up question... I'd just sign up directly, don't bother doing it via Facebook.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I don't think it matters.

I use US & UK Netflix.

I have it on my PS3, 360, PC, iPhone, iPad, and my wife's iPad.

Just give it a go! You get a trial...

Oh, and regarding your sign-up question... I'd just sign up directly, don't bother doing it via Facebook.

I will give it a try, just waiting for the internet to get better before I start using it. The only reason I asked about Facebook is because I like the idea of sharing what I and others are watching, I just didn't want to use my Facebook login details.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you sign up directly, rather than using Facebook, you can still link your account to Facebook if you wish and share your viewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    If you sign up directly, rather than using Facebook, you can still link your account to Facebook if you wish and share your viewing.

Ok thanks, that's good to know.
  • TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    http://www.pcgamer.name/netflix.htm

Work in progress but useful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Anyone elses Un-block US not working on a PS3 now? went to log in, gives me error messages.

When not using the Un-block US dns it works ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasonT1981 wrote: »
    Anyone elses Un-block US not working on a PS3 now? went to log in, gives me error messages.

When not using the Un-block US dns it works ok.

same here.

let me know if you find a solution
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I got one lol

OK, what I did was reset my PS3 and let it detect all network/internet automatically... thus giving it its default UK IP/DNS. Basically what you would have without unblock US.

restarted PS3, then did the setup again, entered the Unblock US DNS manually again.. that whole process. restarted PS3... Hey presto back on US Netflix.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was reading Focus magazine as they were reviewing Netflix and said that Netflix recommend 16 Mb/s broadband and I instantly thought that can't be right!

I had a look at Netflix website and it says
    Watching instantly works with all different levels of broadband, however, we recommend a minimum speed of 500 kbps (0.5 MB).

So yes it seems Focus are wrong but who wants to tell Netflix that 500 kb is not the same as 0.5 MB ;)