IOS 6.1.1 out now

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The update that's meant to solve any data/signal issues that 6.1 brought. I've not really had any issues though but I'll still update when I can.

And I say when I can because it won't let me do the update OTA, it just says connect to wifi to download/install this update? Does anyone know why it can't be downloaded OTA on 3G? It's only 23mbs. There must be a reason for it? Maybe the phones data is shut off while its installing/downloading? Can't think of any other reason

Comments

• KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth noting that this update is for the iPhone 4S only.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah, 4s only. It fixes the cellular 3G issues that Vodafone and other European networks have been reporting.
    I think it's to do with the kind of kit a network is using in their BTSs. As far as I know O2, EE and Three in the UK are not affected.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 3G on Virgin was a bit flaky over the weekend but seemed fine today - I'll probably still update though.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Thank god for that! It's been driving me mad on Vodafone: I'm regularly having to reboot the phone to reconnect after I've had a period of time with a lost signal.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends on facebook are complaining about loss of 3g on 4s from all networks, just seems that Vodafone were the only network to proactively tell its customers apple had released a buggy update
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Unrelated.
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 4s and i was using 6.1 with 3 UK, only issue I had was when browsing the Internet via 3G I would now and again get a message in safari informing me I was not connected to the Internet. Refresh the page and all would be OK, I have upgraded to 6.1.1 and so far I have not encountered any issues but it is early days.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Well iOS6 made my iPad 3 slow down, have issues with safari back buttons disappearing, rubbish App Store that is slower and stutters loading, less features etc

6.1 Introduced connection issues on WiFi ontop of that.

So how do I trust Apple again with 6.1.1? - you should see the threads on the apple forums. Pople NOT happy with iOS6 and it slowing / cocking up devices.
    Forum Member
    late8 which wifi problems did it introduce?

If you are having problems i suggest you fill in a feedback form.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

It's the only thing Apple monitors.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody should buy Tim Cook a book about quality management. These updates look hectic and chaotic, they fix one problem, create two new ones. It all seems rather amateurish. Good thing they do not have a Windows-size customer base, that would be a complete disaaaster, dahling.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    late8 which wifi problems did it introduce?

If you are having problems i suggest you fill in a feedback form.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

It's the only thing Apple monitors.

Then say "no comment" when asked :D
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Then say "no comment" when asked :D

Just like the dev bug reports.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    late8 wrote: »
    Well iOS6 made my iPad 3 slow down, have issues with safari back buttons disappearing, rubbish App Store that is slower and stutters loading, less features etc

6.1 Introduced connection issues on WiFi ontop of that.

So how do I trust Apple again with 6.1.1? - you should see the threads on the apple forums. Pople NOT happy with iOS6 and it slowing / cocking up devices.

Oh add fast battery drain too.
    Forum Member
    Have you calibrated it by draining it flat and charging to 100%?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Also, 100% means waiting till is says 100% and then leaving it for another half to one hour.
    Lithiums say 100% when they are about 80% charged.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you dont calibrate them, they dont have a memory in these batteries as far as i know