The last cd(s) you bought (Merged)

Comments

• SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden.

And worth every penny as well. It is better than their last two studio albums which all but killed every ounce of morale I had for the bands music. Really, the last two albums were crap of the highest form. But TFF more than made up for those two monstrosities. Funny thing is, those two albums "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Life and Death" are the only albums from the band I despise with all the fiber of my being. They are boring. Music shouldn't be boring. If music could have a puncture then both of those albums would be flat!.

THE FINAL FRONTIER the best thing the band has done in the past 10 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie Fiona ~ The Bridge
    Been wanting to buy it for ages, glad I did, really good.
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Gareth Emery's debut artist album, Northern Lights. It is good but I prefer the slightly tougher sound of his previous non-album singles.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden.

And worth every penny as well. It is better than their last two studio albums which all but killed every ounce of morale I had for the bands music. Really, the last two albums were crap of the highest form. But TFF more than made up for those two monstrosities. Funny thing is, those two albums "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Life and Death" are the only albums from the band I despise with all the fiber of my being. They are boring. Music shouldn't be boring. If music could have a puncture then both of those albums would be flat!.

THE FINAL FRONTIER the best thing the band has done in the past 10 years.

I love The Final Frontier, it's a superb album, but I really don't understand your logic. It's just the natural progression of the style that they've been developing since their rebirth in 2000 - more progressive, intricate song structures, slower-paced, more experimental. You can argue maybe over the individual merits of the songs, but in terms of style, The Final Frontier is the same as the previous two albums.

For what it's worth, I'd rank them: A Matter Of Life and Death > The Final Frontier > Dance of Death (only a few good songs on this one)
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I love The Final Frontier, it's a superb album, but I really don't understand your logic. It's just the natural progression of the style that they've been developing since their rebirth in 2000 - more progressive, intricate song structures, slower-paced, more experimental. You can argue maybe over the individual merits of the songs, but in terms of style, The Final Frontier is the same as the previous two albums.

For what it's worth, I'd rank them: A Matter Of Life and Death > The Final Frontier > Dance of Death (only a few good songs on this one)

The new album might be like those two albums I hate. In that they are all a different style to the older work from the band. But TFF is their new sound perfected so it is. If they keep this up then all's well. They just better keep away from the depressing lack of quality on DOD and also AMOLAD well IMO that is. This new album feels like the band is happy once more in what they do. They have rekindled the flames and are firing on all cylinders!.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Leona - Live at the 02
    Beyonce - I am world tour
    Nadine Coyle - Insatiable

Got Aly burke's re-release for pre order
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got JLS' new album,Outta this world. I LOVE it!!
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saint Etienne's new Christmas album, 'A Glimpse Of Stocking' :cool:

...and thanks to the DS mods for changing the mistake in the thread title :D Keep up the good work and have a very merry Xmas!!
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saint Etienne's new Christmas album, 'A Glimpse Of Stocking' :cool:

...and thanks to the DS mods for changing the mistake in the thread title :D Keep up the good work and have a very merry Xmas!!

me too! Must check the letter box to see if it's been sent out.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    The Sound of The Smiths - The Smiths
    This Is War - 30 Seconds To Mars
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    A Promise To Burn - Framing Hanley
    Worlds Collide - Apocalyptica
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cirque du Soleil inspired Viva Elvis. If you thought their Beatles "Love" album was weird, Viva Elvis is just downright bizarre! Some cracking remixes on there though.
    Oh forgot, bought that too this week. I like it but a lot of fans don't!

Just bought Spankox's Elvis remix album that was released in 2008 (Elvis Presley V Spankox: ReVersions). Far superior to the one I mentioned above.
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually download these days so only buy obscure CDs. Last one was by the 'up and coming' Hollywood band Living Dead Lights.

I love 'em - they're young, they're seriously very angry and they thrash out the music with so much energy - although I do want to send the singer a couple of packs of Fisherman's Friends - I think he's gonna need them!! Love the track on there called What Do You Do.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. Brilliant album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new My Chemical Romance album and James Blunt's latest.

Prefer the latter right now. MCR starts brilliantly but seems to run out of steam fast, Blunt is his usual consistent self.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    The last albums I bought are Tinie Tempah's 'The Disc-overy, Rihanna's 'Loud' and Nicki Minaj's 'Pink Friday'. All great albums.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westlife's new album 'Gravity'. Nice to see them doing a bit of writing too, one of the best songs on the album (imo) was co-written by Mark Feehily. :)
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Led Zeppelin - Mothership

Two weeks ago I saw it was only £3.99 on play.com so snapped it up, as they're a band I am really getting into. Last week I saw it was in a one day sale on the same website....for £5!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Skunk Anansie - Wonderlustre, and I am really liking it
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Pink - Greatest hits

Play.com are selling it for 5.99 which is way cheap considering it's 9-10 pounds on most sites and shops. Thought i might as well grab the bargain as Play.com will likely up the price in days to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nelly Furado - The Standard Greatest Hits for me.

Rumer - Seasons of My Soul; Take That - Progress and Shayne Ward - Obessions for Christmas presents.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,981
    Forum Member
    A Beautiful Lie ~ 30 Seconds to Mars (Well, play.com, so it'll take a while to arrive but still)
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last CD I brought was Kaiser Chief's 'Employment'. I had downloaded the singles and loved them so got the album. However every other song on it other than the ones i'd heard were awful. It taught me a lesson and I have never brougth a CD since.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Robyn - Body Talk (Possibly my favourite album of 2010 alongside Pt1 & Pt 2)
    Black Eyed Peas - Beginning
    Beyonce - I Am... World Tour
    Nelly Furtados - Best of
    Pet Shop Boys - Together CD1 & 2