Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Just watched Episode 5 (I now have the complete collection). Lynne Warner really grates on me, all she does is moan, "I'm innocent!" etc. I know she is innocent but I wouldn't mind if Bea jammed her hand in the steam press a few more times!

Vera Bennett is hilarious (unintentionally) and Lizzie is off her head with her inappropriate laughing on occasions :D

These are the episodes I didn't see when it was first aired on ITV (Granada) so I'm so pleased I'm getting the opportunity to see them.

I was never a fan of Wonky Warner either. Dreadful, whimpering character.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Do people actual read the flow of conversation before posting?:rolleyes:

Try reading the post from which my post is quoted. Someone said Myra Desmond was Top Dog in her first (pre show) spell inside.

I suggested it was Winter, not Desmond, who was Top Dog before Bea and before the era the show covered.

That smilie seems to be very popular with some. Anyway, I did read the post you're talking about.....ALL of it.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Bea's the first top dog it shows you. Marie Winter might have been talked about as being the first one, but Bea was the first one shown.

"Wentworth" isnt actually prisoner cell block h. It is a completely new show but giving a "nod" to PCBH. Marie Winter may not feature at all as it is "re-imagined"..but she may!

This is also why the old characters/actors won't appear (e.g. Val playing Bea or Anne Phelan playing Myra) but the actors could play parts of other characters
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Im onto epsiode 495 now, the evil Len Murphys not long arrived :D

A good few episodes but he isn't in it for too long;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That smilie seems to be very popular with some. Anyway, I did read the post you're talking about.....ALL of it.

So why the confusion?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    So why the confusion?

I thought the other poster was talking about the original Prisoner Cell Block H.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Wentworth" isnt actually prisoner cell block h. It is a completely new show but giving a "nod" to PCBH. Marie Winter may not feature at all as it is "re-imagined"..but she may!

This is also why the old characters/actors won't appear (e.g. Val playing Bea or Anne Phelan playing Myra) but the actors could play parts of other characters

Right, so it's the remake that's being discussed at the minute then. Okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitt 2000 wrote: »
    Wonder if thats what its really like in prison?

Nope, totally different!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im onto epsiode 495 now, the evil Len Murphys not long arrived :D

He was HORRIBLE. A convincingly evil performance considering the actor played Judy's daughter's husband's uncle (!) a while back. Dreading/looking forward to these episodes! :eek:

I'm up to the ones where the joint concert between Wentworth and Woodridge is taking place. Margo's singing for her supper :D and Chrissie's just bumped into Neil Murray!
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    He was HORRIBLE. A convincingly evil performance considering the actor played Judy's daughter's husband's uncle (!) a while back. Dreading/looking forward to these episodes! :eek:

I'm up to the ones where the joint concert between Wentworth and Woodridge is taking place. Margo's singing for her supper :D and Chrissie's just bumped into Neil Murray!

I enjoyed those episodes, pretty good singer Margo :D

That bloke with the tash, who beats up that Andy all the time, im sure he comes back later on, as that cult leader bloke who wants Helen Smarts sisters cash :p
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

If you have Spotify, I recommend Jane Clifton's album "The Marriage Of Style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That bloke with the tash, who beats up that Andy all the time, im sure he comes back later on, as that cult leader bloke who wants Helen Smarts sisters cash :p

Yes, and then again later as Pippa Reynold's husband/boyfriend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I hear Midnight Special again though, I will scream!:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »

She was singing that quite a bit in the episodes I watched last night to the point where it's stuck in my head! :D
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »

small fact for you. Grundys used that song as it is only that one line and are so stingey that is all they wanted to pay for copyright (well probably paid nothing for it)
    "let the midnight special shine its ever loving light on meeeeeeeeeeeeee"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was singing that quite a bit in the episodes I watched last night to the point where it's stuck in my head! :D

Yeah she was, its going round in my head now :D
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never a fan of Wonky Warner either. Dreadful, whimpering character.

Well, she's just been released thanks to Helen Masterson's exposure. Thank god!

Helen Masterson was a bit of a whirlwind in Wentworth. I don't know how long she's going to be in there but I hope it's not long, she has a major superiority complex!

Just seen the actress who plays Margo later in the series as another character, Marilyn's prozzie mate.

Loving the series so far :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have Spotify, I recommend Jane Clifton's album "The Marriage Of Style.

Don't have Spotify, just been looking her up, didn't know she was a singer as well. :p

Just seen the actress who plays Margo later in the series as another character, Marilyn's prozzie mate.

I thought id seen her in it before, she wasn't in long as the prozzie.

Douglas has just come back in as Pixies dad, he looks so funny :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I'd add an update to where I am as I'm new to PCBH at episode 129, think I have watched at least an episode a day now for some time!! Still loving it. Really like judy bryant character! Episode130 tonight before I go to sleep me thinks!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bailey8 wrote: »
    Thought I'd add an update to where I am as I'm new to PCBH at episode 129, think I have watched at least an episode a day now for some time!! Still loving it. Really like judy bryant character! Episode130 tonight before I go to sleep me thinks!!!

Yeah, Judy's one of the best characters. She's also one of the longest serving characters both in and out of Wentworth.

I'm up to three hundred and twenty something-not long until the brilliant and deadly Nola McKenzie joins!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she's just been released thanks to Helen Masterson's exposure. Thank god!

Helen Masterson was a bit of a whirlwind in Wentworth. I don't know how long she's going to be in there but I hope it's not long, she has a major superiority complex!

She was called Helen Masters, not Helen Masterson:D
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    small fact for you. Grundys used that song as it is only that one line and are so stingey that is all they wanted to pay for copyright (well probably paid nothing for it)
    "let the midnight special shine its ever loving light on meeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Midnight Special is a public domain song which means that they wouldn't have to pay royalties if any of the characters perform it.

There is more to that song than just that one line, ABBA did a version of it and it has loads of other lyrics.

It was probably picked because it is a song about life in prison.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny because I hated Judy when she first came into it. Her constant moaning got on my nerves but then at some point she ended up becoming one of my favourite characters. I just don't know where the change of heart happened lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judys great, im up to episode 505 and shes still in it (although i don't think shes got long left now, maybe about another 30/40 episodes), i think she was only supposed to be in it for a short time, but seen as she became a really likeable character, they decided to give her a long stint. :)