ferguson tv

Just got a new tv for the bedroom, ferguson F2202LVD. It's 22" but to get it to the full screen option instead of 4:3 I have to go through several set -up menus on the remote which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to do it every single time I turn the tv on, is there anyway to get it to stay on full screen instead of 4:3 when i switch it on?

I understand this is a fairly far-fetched question, thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably when you say fullscreen you mean always 16:9 even when it's a 4:3 picture, fullscreen is 4:3.

Most TVs stay on the last aspect ratio you selected unless it's the one which is used for automatic switching (often 4:3 will switch to widescreen for a widescreen signal).

Does it switch to widescreen when it's a widescreen programme?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    dorset87 wrote: »
    Just got a new tv for the bedroom, ferguson F2202LVD. It's 22" but to get it to the full screen option instead of 4:3 I have to go through several set -up menus on the remote which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to do it every single time I turn the tv on, is there anyway to get it to stay on full screen instead of 4:3 when i switch it on?

when you choose wide or 16.9 is there an option to save the setting?

or a button on the remote??

the button on the remote should save it

in the menu is there an auto size function that you can turn off ??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    dorset87 wrote: »

Pardon me for butting in, could you advise if your Ferguson documentation contains a website for contacting/getting support on Ferguson TVs? I'm looking for some help on an old Ferguson and can't find them on the web.

Thanks,

Joe
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon me for butting in, could you advise if your Ferguson documentation contains a website for contacting/getting support on Ferguson TVs? I'm looking for some help on an old Ferguson and can't find them on the web.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi in the eighties ferguson was taken over by thomson consumer electronics of france bought off of thorn emi, i am not sure thomson themselves manufacture anymore,as they used to produce ferguson labelled tvs made in france by thomson. Here is a link to a company that seems to do ferguson service manuels perhaps they have what you want or could at least help.
    http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ctoftvservicemanuals.html
    regards richard.:)
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the current 'Ferguson' brand is a name that it seems DSG (Currys, PC World and Dixons) now use on whatever takes their fancy (I'm trying to be kind and not say 'cheap' products!) - it's nothing more than a name that has nothing to do with the Ferguson from a few years ago (much like almost every other 'British' electronics brand you might see about.

So as mentioned above, Ferguson were owned by Thomson up until about 4 years ago (I give or take) and generally shared the same internals as Thomson, Brandt, Normende and Telefunken products in Europe)
    Forum Member
    Hi in the eighties ferguson was taken over by thomson consumer electronics of france bought off of thorn emi, i am not sure thomson themselves manufacture anymore,as they used to produce ferguson labelled tvs made in france by thomson. Here is a link to a company that seems to do ferguson service manuels perhaps they have what you want or could at least help.
    http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ctoftvservicemanuals.html
    regards richard.:)

Richard,

Thanks for your input.

Joe
    Forum Member
    Yes the current 'Ferguson' brand is a name that it seems DSG (Currys, PC World and Dixons) now use on whatever takes their fancy (I'm trying to be kind and not say 'cheap' products!) - it's nothing more than a name that has nothing to do with the Ferguson from a few years ago (much like almost every other 'British' electronics brand you might see about.

So as mentioned above, Ferguson were owned by Thomson up until about 4 years ago (I give or take) and generally shared the same internals as Thomson, Brandt, Normende and Telefunken products in Europe)

Thanks for that, I'll keep searching around.

Joe
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What TV model number is it?
    Forum Member
    What TV model number is it?

Model is Ferguson 59P7A

Joe
  • John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Model is Ferguson 59P7A

What's the problem?
    Forum Member
    What's the problem?

I have an old Ferguson 59P7A CRT TV that I want to control with my Logitech Harmony 880 remote. I've set up all the other bits of my kit (DVD, Streamer, Sky + Digibox, & Audio Amp) to work with the 880 and they work OK.

I have the Ferguson original remote as well as another remote that also works OK with the Ferguson. When I try to install the TV onto the 880, the Logitech database doesn't have this TV Model. Therefore, I have to try to train or 'Learn' the commands and/or try other similar Ferguson models. Neither works. When I try the 'Learn' routine, the remote asks for me to press a key (f.i. Power Off) and the Logitech should learn that command. What happens is that the 880 says 'No IR signal detected' (how it knows I sent a command and can therefore state it didn't dectect the signal is a minor mystery).

I'm trying to get the IR Remote hex codes for this Ferguson 59P7A TV so I can send them to Logitech to put in their database so I can download them into my 880. I'm not having any luck, so far in this quest and therefore am also trying to find a support website where I might approach Ferguson (if it exists any more, except as a brand for DSG group).

Any assistance you could give would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe Smith
    TingewickJoe@gmail.com
  • Fred SmithFred Smith Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    59P7A was an Thomson ICC5 chassis, it's over twenty years old, I should know I repaired quite a few in my time at Radio Rentals and more recently I repaired a B&O set with the same chassis about two years ago. I also dumped at the local council tip a 59K5 (same chassis) about a year ago.

Anyway Ferguson are long gone and even if they still existed I doubt they would support a product that old.

The ICC5 chassis was used in various manufactures sets, the two above and Pioneer to name three. So I suggest you try defunct major European brand names for a code in Logitech database.
    Forum Member
    I have an old Ferguson 59P7A CRT TV that I want to control with my Logitech Harmony 880 remote. I've set up all the other bits of my kit (DVD, Streamer, Sky + Digibox, & Audio Amp) to work with the 880 and they work OK.

I have the Ferguson original remote as well as another remote that also works OK with the Ferguson. When I try to install the TV onto the 880, the Logitech database doesn't have this TV Model. Therefore, I have to try to train or 'Learn' the commands and/or try other similar Ferguson models. Neither works. When I try the 'Learn' routine, the remote asks for me to press a key (f.i. Power Off) and the Logitech should learn that command. What happens is that the 880 says 'No IR signal detected' (how it knows I sent a command and can therefore state it didn't dectect the signal is a minor mystery).

I'm trying to get the IR Remote hex codes for this Ferguson 59P7A TV so I can send them to Logitech to put in their database so I can download them into my 880. I'm not having any luck, so far in this quest and therefore am also trying to find a support website where I might approach Ferguson (if it exists any more, except as a brand for DSG group).

Any assistance you could give would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe Smith
    TingewickJoe@gmail.com

try here

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/list.cgi

looking at your problem I would presume you point the 2 remotes at each other so it can pick up the signal

youve already been here !!

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/thread.cgi?7086
    Forum Member
    Available for delivery:
    Next Day
    Ferguson, Thorn
    IRC81095 Remote Control Classic

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/irc81095-remote-control-classic-replacement-thorn-ferguson.htm

so try thorn IRC 81095

a polish page and dont know if the remote works these other tellys or not

http://www.euroservice2000.abc24.pl/default.asp?kat=-3&pro=325211
    Forum Member
    try here

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/list.cgi

looking at your problem I would presume you point the 2 remotes at each other so it can pick up the signal

youve already been here !!

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/thread.cgi?7086

Yep! I'm trying everything I can think of. Normally, the manufacturer has the hex code tables and they can be downloaded from the website. Ferguson doesn't seem to have a website anymore and I'm really struggling to find these codes.

Thanks for your input.

Joe
    Forum Member
    Available for delivery:
    Next Day
    Ferguson, Thorn
    IRC81095 Remote Control Classic

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/irc81095-remote-control-classic-replacement-thorn-ferguson.htm

so try thorn IRC 81095

a polish page and dont know if the remote works these other tellys or not

http://www.euroservice2000.abc24.pl/default.asp?kat=-3&pro=325211

Thanks for trying to help.

Joe
    Forum Member
    0293 101, 363, 221, 218, 033, 315, 137, 266, 371, 220

these are the sky codes for your telly

if you tell us which one works............... then in theory at least that may give you a code which works for a more modern telly which could mean you can use that code for the harmony??

courtesy of this site

http://www.highlandelectrix.fsnet.co.uk/tvs/FERGUSON.TV.html

and your chasis codes if you need it

http://www.highlandelectrix.fsnet.co.uk/tvs/FERG_ICC.TV.html#ICC5
    Forum Member
    sky code from sky interactive is 0101 if newer than than rev 4 onwards or 101 if rev 3 or less

so other tellys compatible with that are ... eh Thorn, which doesnt really help us

I cant see any other TV that uses sky 101 or 0101, maybe someone else knows
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to get the IR Remote hex codes for this Ferguson 59P7A TV so I can send them to Logitech to put in their database so I can download them into my 880.

Hey Joe,
    I had a look at learning some Ferguson power codes from an old One-For-All I had kicking around. I can see why you've been having problems. The learned codes are not pretty. This is the power toggle Hex codes for your TV from the One-For-All code list.

0073:
    FFFF 00F8 0100 0008 80F3 43D5 E780 F445 C24C 80F6 45C2 4B80 F543 D5E5 80F7 43D5 E280 ED43 D5ED 80F7 43D5 E380 F250 ACF8 80F5 42E1 7380 F442 E172 80F6 45C2 4A80 F443 D5E5 80F5 43D5 E480 F543 D5E4 80F4 45C2 4B80 F545 C24A 80F7 43D5 E180 E343 D5F6 8102 43D5 D781 0043 D5D9 80F7 50AC F780 F742 E170 80F4 42E1 7180 F745 C248 80F8 43D5 E080 F843 D5E1 80F4 43D5 E480 F845 C246 80EE 45C2 4F80 F943 D5DF 80FA 43D5 DE80 F943 D5E0 80FA 43D5 DE80 FE50 ACF7 80FE 42E1 6880 FE42 E169 80FF 45C2 3E81 0143 D5D7 80FF 43D5 D880 FD43 D5DB 8100 45C2 3D81 0045 C23C 8102 43D5 D680 FF43 D5D9 8101 43D5 D780 FD43 D5DA 80FA 4000 0680 115F FFFF

Have you got any way of pasting this in to the Harmony's software so you can try it?

Regards

Chris

PS: If it's any help to you or the Harmony people the same code set (URC-7541: 0073) is used by...
    Baird
    Lumatron
    Magnafon
    Telefunken
    Thorn
    Thorn-Ferguson

Regards

Chris