The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you think, Hayley?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    I'm not ready to yet, Either. Sat having a little cry now which is silly I know. This thread is my security blanket for Heath.

Thank you so much for your company ladies, good night and take care. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    I don't understand why some 'Heath fans' are calling for this to be the end of the Joker, Heath would never have wanted that and I think it's right that the Joker will continue though and someone else will play him, although they'll have one hell of a job living up to Heath's portrayal and they'll always be compared.

I think it stems from a comment Christopher Nolan amde in the days after Heath left us, that he wouldn't want to replace Heath. Now obviously you'd expect that at that time, when he'd lost a friend and colleague and someone who made an iconic performance. But who knows, should he do another Batman, he may feel differently, or choose another villian.

Only time will tell.

I'm half and half about it really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge hugs FFF, thanks for the company and sleep well. Speak soon. x

H: I think it will be left many years before the Joker is brought back, but I reckon Nolan will do another film with another villain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you think, Hayley?

I thought it lived up to all the hype and surpassed it. Superb film and a brilliant perormance from Heath.
    I'm not ready to yet, Either. Sat having a little cry now which is silly I know. This thread is my security blanket for Heath.

Thank you so much for your company ladies, good night and take care. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww FFF :(

G'Night & take care

(And yes lets do this again - I've missed these Heath nights and your company)

And Cheers to you Heath :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely, cheers Heath. *raises glass*

Yes, we must get together again soon and watch another film.

I'm going to head off myself now, good to catch up with you. Speak soon and take care. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely, cheers Heath. *raises glass*

Yes, we must get together again soon and watch another film.

I'm going to head off myself now, good to catch up with you. Speak soon and take care. x

G'Night RR

Hopefully speak soon
    Forum Member
    Thanks for last night ladies. Be great to do it again soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for last night ladies. Be great to do it again soon.

Thanks to you too FFF

Maybe we could have a monthly Heath night ???? I don't want to let this thread disappear. :(
    Forum Member
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Thanks to you too FFF

Maybe we could have a monthly Heath night ???? I don't want to let this thread disappear. :(
    Nor me. It would be like Loosing him all over again. :(
    We still have Parnassus to get through!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Dr Parnassus. Excited isn't the word! :D
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for Dr Parnassus. Excited isn't the word! :D
    I had to rescue this thread from page 11!

I'm looking forward to seeing it too, but then that's it..no more films.

Hope all fellow Heathens are well. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Page 11 :eek::(

Sorry life's been keeping me busy..hope everyone's well - be nice to have a Heath night soon x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard on the radio yesterday that Heath's last film TIODP (not going to even try and spell it) is going to be screened at Cannes.

Hope everyone's OK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Heard on the radio yesterday that Heath's last film TIODP (not going to even try and spell it) is going to be screened at Cannes.

Hope everyone's OK.

Really can't wait for this film! going to be brilliant and just so nice to see him in another film... Even though it will be the last i'm sure he will leave us with an outstanding performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Hot-Fuss. The video of the press briefing is on BBC News website with Terry Gilliam talking about the film and about Heath and those that finished his part. :)

Very small clip of the film at the beginning too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8065061.stm
    "Heath was enjoying himself so much and he was ad-libbing a lot, which I don't normally allow... but Heath was just brilliant at it and he got everybody else going," he told AP.

"Everybody was just energised by Heath. He was extraordinary. He was almost exhausting because he had so much energy."

:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all! Just thought I'd pop in. Hope everyone's ok. I'm looking forward to Dr Parnassus. :)
    Forum Member
    I've not been here in a while, and I must change that. Hope you are all well.

how was the film received at Cannes? anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    im new here and im a heath ledger fan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Missy Ledger, you found us fellow Heathens. Welcome. :) We've not been around in a while, no new news as such, but I spotted that story on DS a few minutes ago about Christopher Nolan. Only rumours by the looks of it, but it doesn't sound like he is up to making any more Batman films as he was so deeply affected by Heath's passing. Very sad, but completely understandable. :(

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a160539/nolan-wont-return-for-more-batman.html

FFF, sorry hun, didn't see that post from before....hope you're well. x
    Forum Member
    Hey Rose, how are you doing? I see SGF is no more....:cry:
    Just us on here now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Rose, how are you doing? I see SGF is no more....:cry:
    Just us on here now.

I'm alright hun, are you? Struggling a bit tbh with the MJ thing - not because MJ is dead but it's reminding me of how it was when Heath went. :(

Saw Heath's bit in I'm Not There the other day, it's been on Sky Movies. He'd filled out a bit in every sense (ahem - nearly fell off the sofa), he seemed to have put on weight and filled out and looked really healthy there. Lovely to see him again but a bit heartbreaking and tearful at the same time. Haven't watched the rest yet, seems like a right weird film though.

Awww at SGF. ((((((We love you SGF wherever you are!))))))
    Forum Member
    I'm alright hun, are you? Struggling a bit tbh with the MJ thing - not because MJ is dead but it's reminding me of how it was when Heath went. :(

Saw Heath's bit in I'm Not There the other day, it's been on Sky Movies. He'd filled out a bit in every sense (ahem - nearly fell off the sofa), he seemed to have put on weight and filled out and looked really healthy there. Lovely to see him again but a bit heartbreaking and tearful at the same time. Haven't watched the rest yet, seems like a right weird film though.

Awww at SGF. ((((((We love you SGF wherever you are!))))))
    Hiya Rose. I've watched Heath's bits in that film, I thought he was great, but I gave up on the rest of the film, just not my cup of tea.

I've avoided this place for a while, for the same reasons as you I think, Fed up with Heath Being dragged into all the drug stuff blah blah blah!
    Hows you? I saw Jess posting on DS just now, be nice if she would say hello. :)